Trip to Colonial NE yields Mass Button, CT Copper, Silver Spoon, 2 Cent...

Coilcrazy2

Nov 9, 2010
Reading, pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, gray ghost headphones,
Fisher 1265x,
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Tesoro cibola,
Tesoro Outlaw
Hey everyone!
I was fortunate to have pleasant weather for my annual trip to Massachusetts. I managed to get in a scattered 5 hours of detecting before the ground froze to where I couldn't dig anymore. I hit the old field where I did so well last year and came up with a few more great finds. The first find was a SWEET Massachusetts button with a lot if its silver plating still on it. I did a little research but I couldn't find any with the same back mark as mine so any info on that from the button experts would be great. Next, I found the 1787or8 CT copper along with an 1868 2 center in awesome condition. After that I found the thin little silver spoon. It looks like it is a baby or a condiment spoon. I'm not an expert but it looks like a fairly early piece. It has the initials A P engraved in the back along with a hallmark. I can make out a faint "D" and a "B". If anyone has any info on that silversmith, I would love to find out more about it. I also came up with 3 musket balls, 4 buttons, some shoe buckle pieces and the letter "I". I wasn't sure if the "I" is a relic of sorts or if it's modern. The back is lead or zinc filled.
Happy New Years!!!
CC

My apologies for the pictures all being sideways...I haven't found a way to fix that yet. Also here is the link from my finds from the same field last year.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...land-field-yields-3-coppers-buttons-more.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    462.7 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    601.4 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    623.3 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    636.4 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    562.8 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    632.9 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    684.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Upvote 17
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Wow! :occasion16::wav::occasion16: Like it all! Hopefully you'll be able to make an extra trip to that spot long before this time next year! :cat: Andi

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's what I like, a little bit of everything. The spoon is pretty good, most tableware I have found are in pieces.. and the Mass button is really special. Nice showing thanks for that! Congrats. HH

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can think to say is.....WOW!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread