Trouble with Wheats on 600

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree about the site being the factor. IMHO if you're finding wheat pennies then you're doing something right. Some of those wheats are TOUGH signals even not being super deep. Why, I don't know.

I figure an even smaller silver dime will be a similar or even tighter signal than the penny. Plus it seems that the silver hides just as well or even better. I've dug dozens of wheats in between silver coins. You're doing great with that 600 considering most of the spots you go have been hit pretty well in the past!

craigmoto38

Feb 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found more silver dimes in the same area that i have searched with the Tesoro Outlaw ( got a 1877 dime) this area has heavy trash and iron. Only found 1 with the outlaw and about 6 with the Minelab and a 1934 quarter.
I have have found v nickels Indian heads and more with the Minelab that where missed with the outlaw.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
ONLY digging wheats?::)I am waiting on the release of the equinox 1000, it only finds silver but can identify and display the can slaw by the product brand of the can it came from due to it's enormous 6"x 6" 4K resolution display screen. TID and depth are always 100% accurate. No more " just finding wheats" problems. Updates sent via wifi hot spots. Pre-order today for the 2020-ish release.
I am sorry for the sarcasm but "chagrinned by this machine", already ? Really? It's not a silver messiah, still just a metal detector.:laughing7: Good Luck and Happy Hunting!:icon_thumright:

Minelab is working on another new detector using another new technology that will sell for about $1200-$1300. There was something about it on their website, no idea what they will call it.

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mints didn't make any dimes, nickels, quarters or halves in 1922.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1538264700.610844.jpg
Bad eyes, turned out to be a 28

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread