Tumblers find

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another good score today at the swap meet. I bought 2 rock tumblers and a bunch of accessories for $10.00 (pic below). I got:

2 tumblers (1.5 lb capacity each)
Extra barrel
Large bag of course grind powder
3 canisters of 3 fine-polishing grit powders
Assorted jewelry-quality stones ready for polishing
2 epoxy packets
Jewelry-making supplies
Excellent lapidary instruction manual

I'm stoked!! ;D I've been wanting to get a tumbler. Now I've got two, and they're different speeds, so I can choose the best one for the size and type of items I'm tumbling.

That swap meet has been very good to me over the years. Too bad this is the last year for it. A hospital will be built there. Not only the swap meet will be gone but the property's main use has been as the area's last operating drive-in movie theater. I've considered getting a petition going to try to have the property declared Historical and stop the sale, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work. :'(

scrubber

Tumblers.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
scrubber

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beetle662 said:
WOW! What a deal!

Hate to see that swap meet site go by the wayside for ya. Any chance they can relocate?

Don't know yet. They may have to go out to the boondocks to afford the space. The property they're on adjoins a major freeway interchange and the property taxes are through the roof. They've had a hard time making any money from either business.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, what a great score. I was pricing tumblers the other day and they run about $65 each. You got 2 and all the other goodies for $10, want to sell one??? :dontknow: Great going :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
scrubber

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
WOW, what a great score. I was pricing tumblers the other day and they run about $65 each. You got 2 and all the other goodies for $10, want to sell one??? :dontknow: Great going :icon_thumleft:

Sorry, if I have 2, I can produce polished stones every 2 to 3 weeks instead of 4 to 6. I really want that capability.

It sounds like a pretty good price for a new one you can get. Mine were made by Lortone and the pic shows what the equivalent model sells for. It's funny. I just discovered they're made about 5 miles from where I live.

scrubber

prices.jpg

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Be cautious with those tumblers !

They can easily destroy the value of an otherwise desirable coin.

OP
OP
scrubber

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rmptr said:
Be cautious with those tumblers !

They can easily destroy the value of an otherwise desirable coin.

Absolutely!! You never want to totally remove the patina from any collectible coin. I learned that the hard way many years ago.

scrubber

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread