Tunnels and more just found in New Ross, N.S.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also ... what the hell is a "vortex"?
I attached a 500yr old map of Nova Scotia at the top of this post and it shows a Vortex on it. The Vortex at this site is a large body of water under a lot of pressure spinning fast that makes the energy we feel. This Vortex was mapped out 500 yrs ago but no one has been able to locate it . The Land owner Dwite Sanders has lived his hole life on this land and knows nothing about a Vortex. This land has been in his family since the 1860's. If you need more info on Ley Lines and Vortex check out http://vortexmaps.com/ask-dan.php .

I will not post the proof we have on the castle yet , because we have a lot more new sites to dig at. Our research is done but we are still looking for minerals ( gold nuggets, diamonds , gems stones and more.

Last edited:

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I attached a 500yr old map of Nova Scotia at the top of this post and it shows a Vortex on it. The Vortex at this site is a large body of water under a lot of pressure spinning fast that makes the energy we feel. This Vortex was mapped out 500 yrs ago but no one has been able to locate it . The Land owner Dwite Sanders has lived his hole life on this land and knows nothing about a Vortex. This land has been in his family since the 1860's. If you need more info on Ley Lines and Vortex check out Dan Shaw Vortex Detective .

I will not post the proof we have on the castle yet , because we have a lot more new sites to dig at. Our research is done but we are still looking for minerals ( gold nuggets, diamonds , gems stones and more.

Weird , have not heard a thing about this and I live here.... maybe i missed it somewhere along the line, no pun intended.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weird , have not heard a thing about this and I live here.... maybe i missed it somewhere along the line, no pun intended.
Drop me a email and I will send you the date and time we will be on site to show and tell all. This is a major find. The old map has 32 vortex lines and its a map of Nova Scotia. This is solid proof of a vortex in the area . Now if we can tracked down 32 lines at the New Ross site then we have our proof.
The people that made this Vortex Map 500 yrs ago did not have great mapping tools like we have today, but they traveled around the world . I am sure they had dowsing rods , if they had metal ,they had them. 500 yrs ago there is no other tool they could of used to locate the Ley Lines or Vortex. This is how we will map them to, one line at a time

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drop me a email and I will send you the date and time we will be on site to show and tell all. This is a major find. The old map has 32 vortex lines and its a map of Nova Scotia. This is solid proof of a vortex in the area . Now if we can tracked down 32 lines at the New Ross site then we have our proof.
The people that made this Vortex Map 500 yrs ago did not have great mapping tools like we have today, but they traveled around the world . I am sure they had dowsing rods , if they had metal ,they had them. 500 yrs ago there is no other tool they could of used to locate the Ley Lines or Vortex. This is how we will map them to, one line at a time

What is the source of this map?

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
Hey Dennis , these people don't believe there's a Treasure there

Quoted Text from Newspaper article :::::::::::::::::::::: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~ Quote ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A 145-year-old secret, worth $20 million, lies buried somewhere in the Dents Run area of rugged Elk County.

Or not.
Legends are like that -- you either buy into them or you don't. And as far as the Legend of the Lost Gold of Elk County is concerned, you can count Dennis Parada among the true believers.
Like generations in Elk County, the fortune hunter from Clearfield, Clearfield County, is certain that 26 50-pound gold bars mysteriously disappeared in Elk County in 1863 while being transported by Union soldiers to the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia.
And, Mr. Parada claims, his years-long search has paid off -- he's located the gold's burial site near the Cameron County border.
But there's a problem and a big one at that -- the site is in a state forest and the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources has prohibited Mr. Parada from doing any type of exploration there unless he puts up a bond, which he considers financially prohibitive.
Mr. Parada, 55, who admits to being obsessed with the lost gold -- "I think about it every day" -- said he won't ever give up his search, come roadblocking bureaucrats or naysaying historians who discount the veracity of the legend.
"I told DCNR I'm not going to quit until it's dug up. And if I die, my kid's going to be around and make sure it's dug up.
"There's something in there and I'm not giving up."
To understand why at least some people in Elk County don't consider Mr. Parada totally delusional -- even after his treasure hunting company, Finders Keepers, has invested $20,000 in the search thus far -- one must understand the lure of the legend.
It is replete with historical significance, mystery, deceit, treachery and, of course, a fortune in gold.
So the story goes ...
The Elk County legend begins 145 years ago and 175 miles to the southwest.
As highlighted in a 1983 issue of Lost Treasure magazine, the legend holds that a Union lieutenant by the name of Castleton was given orders in spring 1863 to proceed from Wheeling, W.Va., to Harrisburg with two wagons equipped with false bottoms and holding the gold bars that today would be worth $20 million.
Lt. Castleton was ordered to travel northeast to avoid encountering Gen. Robert E. Lee's Confederate Army, which was massing in Pennsylvania for what would become in July the battle of Gettysburg. When he believed the situation to be safe, Lt. Castleton was to turn the wagon train southeast toward Union headquarters in Harrisburg, and the load would be shipped to the Philadelphia mint from there.
With eight cavalrymen and a civilian guide by the name of Connors, none of whom knew of the gold, Lt. Castleton's expedition headed out. Soon, there was an omen of troubles ahead -- Lt. Castleton was taken ill with a debilitating fever and Mr. Connors assumed command.
It is believed the expedition stopped in Butler and then Clarion, where a still-ill Lt. Castleton reassumed his command. He determined they were far enough north to avoid contact with rebels, so he charted a course that would take the wagon train to Ridgway, Elk County, and then eastward to the Sinnemahoning River near Driftwood, Cameron County, where they'd construct a raft and float down to the Susquehanna River and then on to Harrisburg.
The expedition made Ridgway without problems and, after resting, headed off for St. Marys,11 miles to the east. During the trip, Lt. Castleton fell quite ill again and while delirious disclosed the presence of the gold in the wagons.
Mr. Connors reassumed command. The expedition made it to St. Marys and, after a night of rest, set out to cross the mountains toward Driftwood, 20 miles farther.
Lt. Castleton and the eight soldiers would never be seen again.
One version of the legend has the expedition separating due to Lt. Castleton's condition, with Mr. Connors and two other men proceeding on foot to the village of Sinnemahoning, Cameron County, to get help. Lt. Castleton and the rest of the men transferred the gold to pack saddles and headed south.
Mr. Connors and a rescue party from an Army post arrived 10 days later and found only abandoned wagons.
Another version has a hysterical Mr. Connors staggering into Lock Haven, Clinton County, about 40 miles east of Driftwood. Every member of the expedition, save him, had been killed by bushwhackers who stole the gold, he claimed.
The Army didn't buy it and relentlessly interrogated Mr. Connors. Oftentimes, he would claim he couldn't remember what happened. He was permanently inducted into the Army and subsequently died in a Western outpost.
In both versions, the Army sent Pinkerton detectives to find the gold. Posing as prospectors and lumbermen, they searched but never found the gold bars.
A legend was born.
The search for treasure
Fast-forward to 1975.
Mr. Parada and his co-workers at a Phillipsburg, Centre County, furniture store would wile away their lunch hours and their weekends as amateur fortune hunters using metal detectors. One day, a stranger, Mike Malley, of Somerset, walked into the store, spotted the metal detectors and told the tale of the lost gold.
Mr. Parada adds to the mystery by declining to discuss why Mr. Malley was in the area, why he would draw him a map of where to find the gold and how he knew where it was.
"I'm saving the good parts for the movie," he said.
The next weekend, Mr. Parada and his friends discovered some of the landmarks Mr. Malley had indicated on his map. But they just could not locate the key landmark: the fire pit where the Union soldiers made their campfire.
Years passed and in 2004 Mr. Parada was urged by his friend and fortune-hunting partner, Scott Farrell, to pick up the search again. They tracked down Mr. Malley and he, along with Mr. Parada's son, Kem, formed their company and sought the Elk County missing gold.
In November 2004, the group claims, they found the fire pit at a site where, according to the Lost Treasure magazine story, county surveyors found human skeletons in 1876.
Knowing that the land was a state forest, Mr. Parada called DCNR to report his "find" but was told to stop any exploration. The group returned in the spring and through surface digging, which is permitted, found artifacts such as a whiskey bottle, knives, animal traps, tin cans and a bullet. Thinking this would bolster his case for excavation, Mr. Parada turned over the artifacts to DCNR which sent them to the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
The commission's analysis, reported in a June 8, 2005, letter from Ted Borawski, of the Bureau of Forestry, to DCNR, was that the artifacts were newer than Civil War era, probably were debris from a campsite and had no cultural or historical significance.
Mr. Borawski wrote there was "no credible evidence ... to support any conclusions that a lost Federal gold bullion shipment from the Civil War was ever located on state forest lands in the vicinity of Dents Run, Pa., or the location Mr. Parada insists is the resting place of the lost gold cache."
Undeterred, Mr. Parada said use of an $8,000 metal detector indicated there is gold 8 feet below the surface.
"There's no doubt in my mind it's down there," Mr. Parada said. He speculates that Mr. Connors killed the soldiers, possibly with poison in their coffee, and hid the gold in hopes of coming back to get it later.
Mr. Parada contends the state is blocking his exploration because it wants to unearth the gold itself. But DCNR press secretary Chris Novak denies that allegation, noting that DCNR officials don't even believe the legend.
"While it's certainly the stuff of local legend, we've been unable to pry any proof of lost gold in Elk County, let alone where Mr. Parada said it is located," she said.
Likewise, Allen C. Guelzo, a professor in the Civil War Era Studies Program at Gettysburg College, said he had never heard of such a gold shipment and doubts it ever occurred.
"There's no documentation, description, letter, official report, no paper trail," the historian noted. Indeed, he said, Union Army records have no listing for a Lt. Castleton.
But Mr. Guelzo isn't surprised that such a tall tale would take hold. "Everybody wants a piece of the Civil War," he said. "Legends tend to be formulated around wishful thinking. You don't want to be a citizen of an area where nothing ever happened."
But Helen Hughes, of the Elk County Historical Society, said she believes the legend of lost gold. Still, she noted that country residents scoff when someone claims, as folks periodically do, that he knows the location of the treasure.
"What happened to the gold is a mystery," she said. "People in the county are not out with shovels looking for it. Nobody's ever going to find it."

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
Another Newspaper Article ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ boy Dennis , You're in the News alot ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Copied Article Text ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"
Dennis Parada, of Clearfield, Pennsylvania, about 190 miles northwest of Philadelphia, began seeking the treasure soon after Rolph posted the letter to his blog. Parada owns a professional treasure hunting company, Finders Keepers, that claims to have located various treasures, including $20 million worth of gold bars in Elks County.
The Society Hill treasure likely lies at one of two locations along Second Street between Spruce and Pine streets, Parada said.
"I'm 100 percent sure it's right there," he said. "There's no ifs, ands or buts."
"We have the knowledge how to scan underneath all of those homes. Again, nobody wants us there, so we're not going to go." – Dennis Parada, professional treasure hunter from Pennsylvania
Parada determined his suspected site by locating the given landmarks – the drawbridge, for example – on old city maps. He struggled to recall his specific methodology, given that seven years have lapsed since he conducted his research. But he said the process did not take long.
Parada and his mother, Rose, transcribed the letter in about a week. It took another month or two for him to narrow his hunt to a specific location.
"Once the letter is (transcribed), any treasure hunter can sit down with the maps," Parada said. "They'll locate the lot, no problem."
Yet, Parada never visited Society Hill or the suspected site.
For one, he doubts the treasure remains. Years of development likely led to it being uncovered accidentally, though Rolph failed to find any such account when he briefly searched archived newspapers.
Scanning for the treasure would require Parada to use high-powered metal detectors, which cost thousands of dollars. Property owners would need to grant permission for him to enter their homes, a process he never undertook. But he did enlist the Historical Society of Pennsylvania to support a search, but that never came to fruition.
"We have the knowledge how to scan underneath all of those homes," Parada said. "Again, nobody wants us there, so we're not going to go."
Thom Carroll/PhillyVoice

[h=3]FINDERS KEEPERS?[/h] Even if Parada – or any prospective treasure hunter – found the treasure, they might not be entitled to keep it.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We did locate bars of gold and silver at Dents Run and we been in a fight with DCNR trying to get this into Federal Courts. Why would we want this in Federal court if we didn't think we found anything. Since we found the gold at Dents Run we gave up on treasure hunting in Pa. until the lawyer can get things going. So we went to Nova Scotia to hunt and now 4 years later we think we have some major Templar finds. Last year our lawyer said for us to put Dents Run on hold until we finish in New Ross because if we mess up at Dents Run , DCNR will hit us with a Felony charge or some kind of charge that will keep us from entering Canada. Then this site would be on hold, so we are doing everything we can to finish at Nova Scotia then return to fight DCNR in Federal Court. We want a major find in New Ross that will get us our own TV series again and then return to Pa. and Va. and dig at our other sites we located treasures at.
Lost Treasure Magazine has run some of our hunts and we have been on TV , radio , news papers around the world. We signed up with History Channel for 1 1/2 yrs and did a TV show with American Unearthed#13. Now we are trying to get some major film crew on site to film at New Ross. I have a lot of stories to tell and they are real good.

Last edited:

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
Alrighty then

so we can suppose that you have seen these Knights Templar Gold Bars , correct ?

and if so , can you describe these bars and any markings on them ?

Yes , I've heard all the Bragging done by T.V. shows and Treasure Mag's
as well as other Media that is engaged in Selling through Sensationalism and advertising .

I've heard the claims of many people .
Yet , those people never seem to come up with Knights Templar Treasure .

As a Fact , I know of only two people who have seen and held Knights Templar Treasure after they recovered some
of it .

One would be My Father who was Murdered over it .

The other would be Myself , and I was Abducted and Tortured for the location of the Knights Templar Vault
we found .

To Date , I see you haven't been abducted and Tortured , nor have you been Murdered because of your supposed
claims .

I'll state it very concise , if your claims were valid , The Judiciary system would be the least problem
you would have .

I've read through your Claims , heard the Claims of Wolter ( still have his secretaries Email to me asking me to meet with them
for a Film production , which I turned down )

Nice Claims , real nice figment of the imagination ,

so tell us , after all this Media exposure , did any Media offer you Money for your stories ?

Hey , if so , I understand , I know people have to pay bills and such , but it sure puts a nasty suspicion on your claims .

Take myself for instance , I never sold my material to anyone , and to my knowledge , I'm the one most people
who make claims about Knights Templar Treasure in this Hemisphere , got the Information from ,,, for free , posted
in open forums like this .

as well , as stated , I've recovered Knights Templar Treasure ,

In the end , Your claim to have located Knights Templar Artifacts , or Vaults , or Tunnels , or anything Templar
related , is a Claim that you have never verified with Knights Templar Treasure in Hand .

lot's of media as we see , lots of threads and claims , Zero Treasure Recovered per the claims that
you have located enough Gold Bars to buy all the Real Estate in Heaven .

I've seen the fakes ( sword , bars , coins , trinkets , et al ) that other people claim is Templar .

But none of you people ever come up with anything but claims .

Been years and miles of worthless film and words , where's the Beef ?

I have 8mm film of Templar Artifacts from 1962 with my Dad standing with them
and sitting just left of my laptop , is a photo of me holding a Templar Bar of Gold from
an actual Templar Vault .
as well as

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alrighty then

so we can suppose that you have seen these Knights Templar Gold Bars , correct ?

and if so , can you describe these bars and any markings on them ?

Here we go again :BangHead: Show me were I said I saw Templar Gold bars. You keep putting words on this post that I did not say. If I knew were the treasure was I would be digging . We have found many artifacts and we have posted pictures of them but no treasure has been found by my crew :dontknow: NOT YET.

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
as well , as stated , I've recovered Knights Templar Treasure ,

Like what?

I have 8mm film of Templar Artifacts from 1962 with my Dad standing with them
and sitting just left of my laptop , is a photo of me holding a Templar Bar of Gold from
an actual Templar Vault .
as well as

Oh. Like that.

Any pics/vids that you can share?

Sandytoes

Apr 15, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried to follow the various discussions on New Ross. It is all so fascinating and overwhelming. I'm working on moving to the South Shore of Nova Scotia next year, most likely near Shelburne or Petite Riviere. Have you found any signs of ruins or Templar activity in those areas? It would be great to be part of the research and exploration.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've tried to follow the various discussions on New Ross. It is all so fascinating and overwhelming. I'm working on moving to the South Shore of Nova Scotia next year, most likely near Shelburne or Petite Riviere. Have you found any signs of ruins or Templar activity in those areas? It would be great to be part of the research and exploration.

Not sure but they are prime detecting areas! [emoji2][emoji106]

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only plan to work in the New Ross area when it comes to Templar finds. Treasure hunting does not pay the bills and unless we get paid a finders fee we are sticking to mining. WE do own mineral rights in other parts of Nova Scotia and we plan to be in this country for a long time. WE will be back in the New Ross area soon to do our show and tell on Vortex , Ley Lines and Dowsing.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FinderKeeper - When and where will we find your show?

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FinderKeeper - When and where will we find your show?
Good question, :icon_scratch: We are looking for a film company we can trust. O Ya, I never posted this info yet BUT after the first season of Oak Island was done we got a phone call from ITV out of NY City telling us that History Channel dropped the Oak Island show and History wanted us to do a Treasure Hunt down south for them. I told them it was a big mistake because Marty and Rick did find something major in the last show and no one knows it. I told them about scanning on ICE with Radar using our equipment . Marty told me he was going to use Kelyco and they were using a big metal detector (WRONG ) but go ahead. We signed up with ITV for 1 1/2 yrs and that was it our show got put on hold and Oak Island got another year. I would just like for History or ITV to say this never happen and then I will start posting a lot of papers8-). We could not work with Discovery Channel or anyone until our contract ran out so they screwed us once :BangHead:and that will not happen again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its getting about that time for us to dig in New Ross and then we will see who on this site was right and who was wrong.:occasion14:

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its getting about that time for us to dig in New Ross and then we will see who on this site was right and who was wrong.:occasion14:

Dents Run = NOTHING
Castle in New Ross = NOTHING
Viking ship = NOTHING
Solving the Beale Codes = NOTHING

NOTHING + NOTHING = NOTHING

Does this mean you will be soon starting a thread about your next great discovery
Drag it out for a couple years and show no one ......"ANYTHING"?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same film company that does the curse of oak island would probably sign on as they have a proven track record of perpetuating make believe stories.

When it was obvious findkeeper did not find Templar Vaults and Graves as he had claimed, all credibility was lost just as with his previous 'finds". Here we go again....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah. It doesn't seem to be difficult to get a bite from the History Channel.

Maybe if you film it hand-held at night and keep spinning towards the bushes and saying "did you hear that?"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread