TV show about Florida Treasurehunters/divers

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Old Man,Bigdogdad is entertainment and a dreamer, not a scam artist.
John, from reading Bigdogs posts, I sort of figured he would be a great charactor on TV and would be entertaining. Wteck Tom would also be entertaining. Just the kind of guy that would have me in stitches laughing. Pawel Novack, is a scam artist, but I think his scams ate so outragious, that he would be entertaing and maxe for these types of shows.I think what Bigdog does not understand is that he will have no control over how he is filmed and made to look.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would be perfect for bigdogdaddy.He could take them on wild goose chases all up and down the coast looking for treasure that was never there and keep em going for a year all while getting free hotels and food and dog food.Most likely they will make him look like the fool that he really is on the show.They could even turn it into a cartoon.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
FISHFACE-Thanks for the support. I like the idea for the cartoon. Maybe you can be in it too, although your probably so special you should have your own. So where did you get your facts that I am on wild goose chases, the treasures were never there, and I'm a fool? You know all this for a fact or did you just pull it out of your fish butt?

Aquanut-Thanks for being there.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
THE CARTOON NETWORK TREATMENT

I like the idea for the cartoon.
So do I.
You can have OVID,a talking treasure sniffing mastif lead you to cache sites,and use the LRL cobbed together from parts of microwaves,waffle irons,old hair dryers and radar detectors by your TEAM of Moe,Larry and Curley Joe to verlfy location.
The episode I'd like to see:
As the Team is linking up to the skyhook line to begin the accent of Cloud Mountain in search of 1/2 ton of Confederate gold,a native American shaman performs a ritual on the summit,throws magic beans on the ground,and Confederate soldier zombies rise from the earth to protect the lost treasure.
The brave and intrepid treasure hunter pulls out his flame shooting air guitar and holds off the CSA zombie horde with bars of "DIXIE",as they all make their escape.
Later,on the forumn,he explains"I know where the gold is but the Confederate zombies won't let me dig!"

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's amazing ECS. Would you believe I was at Cloud Mountain today watching a Tribal member perform a ritual. I will guarantee that everything that happened today would be more entertaining than American Diggers, Gold Rush or that Boombooby guy. Of course there was no cussing, goofy antics, fake drama and nothing getting blown up. Just good old-fashioned treasure-hunting. There will be a part on the show for you. You can play the part of this little geeky-looking dude that hides in front of his computer making fun of the REAL treasure hunter.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS. There will be a part on the show for you. You can play the part of this little geeky-looking dude that hides in front of his computer making fun of the REAL treasure hunter.
Someone liked your idea for the show,BDD!
I have been approached to provide cutaway counterpoint commentary concerning the historical probability for the presence of treasure at the sites selected to boost the ratings.
Thanks for the suggestion.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup, they contacted a lot of us and not only here in the USA, I have talked with many that received this letter now and the list continues to grow. They are looking for... a bunch of idiots running around crying all day about how they're getting screwed to make a soap opera that people will watch.
I wonder how many on TN submitted video auditions and how many turned them down for this soap opera?

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I recieved an e-mail today requesting more information about myself. This is the second step. I just got done sending it to them. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That article was about looted native artifacts, not metal detecting.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am not interested in doing illegal hunting. I am not after artifacts. I do not dig in Indian mounds. My treasure sites are for the most part on private property that I have permission to be on and dig. I would only be interested in a show if the sites were kept somewhat secret and the majority of the people involved would have their faces blurred. I want to keep it real. I doubt any producer is going to want to do things the way I do.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That article was about looted native artifacts, not metal detecting.
Yes,it was,but...what else does the State of Florida consider "historical artifacts"?
Items found at an old cracker homestead?
Items from a sunken riverboat or mastodon teeth in the Oklawaha River?
Pirate treasure?
Coins from DeSoto's trek through the state?
Seminole War items?
Lost CSA gold cattle payment cache?
Union items from the USS Columbine on the St Johns River?
"Historical artifacts" has a rather broad definition that includes all of what is found in Florida.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My undertstanding is that whatever is found on private property belongs to the property owner to do with as they want. This does not include dead people. Correct me if I am wrong. I also believe that what is found between the high tide and low tide level on public beaches is there for the taking. Correct me if I am wrong. I also believe that things found on the Indian reservations by the Indians themselves is theirs to do wish as they please. Correct me if I am wrong. So it is not what is found it is where it is found.

th2011

Jan 1, 2011
Murphy, NC
Detector(s) used
CZ-20
Amazing!

Fisheye, how is your Striker running? Are you going to dig with that boat someday?

Check this out: 1975 Swiftship 105 Salvage Vessel Boat for Sale (22707) in Lee County, FL - Specs and Photos - POP Yachts

I am going to try an make the April BBQ and need to get with Aquanaut. I may be able to bring some meat for the BBQ. I need to find an efficiency in your area, so I can maybe work this summer on the treasure coast. Maybe at the BBQ we can dream-up a plan...grin

Regards,
Ed
NC

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the first part of a Treasure Reality show we are trying to do but have no funding. An upstate New York webisode is nearly finished, and plans for more filming in Utah, or Arizona, in April if we can swing it. Dell

[video]http://videos.petesworldinc.com/location-1-illinois-burrows-cave-webisode-1/[/video]

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
FISHEYE-Sad story, did she take your money? Why did you put that story on this thread? Do you ever contribute anything positive? BTW-another video company contacted me. Dell- I could not get it to play.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigdogdaddy,nope didn't take my money as i don't give money to scammers,fraudsters or rumor chasers.I posted that story as a warning to others about reality shows.There's a lot of people out to make a buck at other peoples expense.

Ed,The striker runs great.will be moving her close to home for a total restoration mostly the hull here in the next 3-4 weeks.I own 4 boats so most likely the GoldenEye will be going out on HRD's site this summer.

That swiftship is the gulfstream rose.I guess is still owned by Gerald Kibildis.Looks like that boat needs around 100k of work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread