TV show about Florida Treasurehunters/divers

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
ECS-Thanks for the advice. My attorney is working on a contract. Entertainment is not his specialty although he is well versed in it and at one time owned his own record company. I realize I will be considered the "product" but that is Okay with me. I have worked with a lot of people on various projects. I always set out to do as good a job as I can and I usually end up making myself somewhat indispensable or very hard to replace. I am a very good team player although I usually like to be the team leader. Someone has to be.

Maybe I should PM you a copy of the contract once it is finalized. That is if you don't mind helping me.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Bigdog, Congratulations. I hope you are successful and have a hit on your hands. Just make sure that you have control of the final footage that they put on TV. I'd hate to see you end up like Todd or Grubby. Producers like to portray people in reality shows like uneducated rednecks and from what my friends tell me, you are far from a hillbilly treasure hunter, Good Luck and perhaps I'll run into you at John's annual picnic this year.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks old man. I am really looking forward to being able to be a part of a treasure show. I won't go into details but I will guarantee it will be like no other show on TV. They will not be trying to make me look bad. I will be at the Treasure Hunter's barbecue. I think the producer that came to my house will be coming to the barbecue. We will be looking for more characters. I know that not everyone is interested in being on TV but this might be a good chance to give it a try.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have signed a contract with a production company. Myself and one of the producers will be at the treasure hunters barbecue on April 20th. We want to find characters that want to be a part of the show. If you have a wreck site that you would be willing to allow us to spend some time on with you, be there and let us know. I started diving when I was 13 and became a certified diver about 35 years ago. I would be excited to be able to dive on one of the 1715 sites or any other for that matter.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I have signed a contract with a production company. Myself and one of the producers will be at the treasure hunters barbecue on April 20th. We want to find characters that want to be a part of the show. If you have a wreck site that you would be willing to allow us to spend some time on with you, be there and let us know. I started diving when I was 13 and became a certified diver about 35 years ago. I would be excited to be able to dive on one of the 1715 sites or any other for that matter.
GOOD LUCK!
PS-I hope you limited the productions usage of your name and image.It the show is successful,product endorsements can bring it big bucks.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like Johnny Ringo from seafarer beat you out bigdogdaddy.They are doing the show on him.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
GOOD LUCK!
PS-I hope you limited the productions usage of your name and image.It the show is successful,product endorsements can bring it big bucks.
I did not limit their usage of my name or image. If they make big bucks off of them, so be it. If the show is successful, great. I will be getting the opportunity to fulfill some of my dreams and get paid for it. Not bad in my book. Speaking of my book, the show's success could certainly help sell my book. I retain all rights to it as well as any treasure that may be found. I have other projects that this show's success would be beneficial to. I am not going into this with a short-sited outlook. I am in it for the "Big Picture", literally. Thanks for the wish of luck.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Looks like Johnny Ringo from seafarer beat you out bigdogdaddy.They are doing the show on him.

Beat me to what? Is there only one treasure show allowed on TV? Why the constant negative slant from you? Besides the fact that the majority of the show may be entirely different from whatever Johnny Ringo may be involved in. BTW who is the "they" that is doing the show and how are you so sure of your "facts"?

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Beat me to what? Is there only one treasure show allowed on TV? Why the constant negative slant from you? Besides the fact that the majority of the show may be entirely different from whatever Johnny Ringo may be involved in. BTW who is the "they" that is doing the show and how are you so sure of your "facts"?
Bigdog, quit letting people get your goat. If you have a contract and are happy with it? Then don't worry about what other people think. Fisheye's a good guy and he's probably just pulling your chain. Post a copy of the trailer when you get it. :icon_thumright:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
We actually dug for the swamp gold. Electronics had pinpointed a location near where my old man said it was. It was at but not under Cloud Mountain. Let's just say electronics are not 100% accurate. My money is still on my guy. This thread is supposed to be about a treasure show...The following are some of my ideas for the show.

1.Beach treasure-I have some interesting theories. This is on the treasure coast.

2. Sunken treasure-I think I know where numerous shipwrecks are hidden under the sand in less than 20 feet of water on the west coast south of Tampa.

3. Pirate treasure-I have numerous potential sites.

4. Civil war gold-I may have numerous sites, some being from eyewitness accounts.

5. Nazi diamonds from the U-853 sub. -I have two locations where I think they are.

6. Pots-of-gold-I think I have narrowed down the exact location of one or more.

7. A cave full of gold northeast of Atlanta-It is in the middle of a forest.

8. Treasure in a lagoon in the keys-I have inside information on this.

9. One of the undiscovered 1715 plate fleet shipwrecks-This may be known but I don't think so, it is not listed on the records I have seen.

10. The Beale treasure-A longshot, located in Virginia on a farmers property. I have dug once in the past.

... There are lots more sites but this is enough of a start...

I plan on using any and all means available to see what works. GPR, map dowsing, remote sensing, LRL's, all types of conventional detectors, lot's more reasearch, psychics, old photos, and more. I have access to new unknown technology...
So,the Cloud Mountain/Confederate swamp gold dig didn't pan out?
WHY?

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So,the Cloud Mountain/Confederate swamp gold dig didn't pan out?
WHY?
1. This is the shipwreck forum and the swamp gold is in the Everglades.
2. It involves sensitive information that I choose not to share.
3. There are other people involved that I will keep confidential.
4. I no longer know who to trust.
5. I am saving the next steps for the TV show.
6. I am acquiring new technology.
7. Because of the way certain T-Net members treat others I have stopped sharing my stories.
8. ECS-It is none of your bizness

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread