Jul 1, 2013
fennville,MI
Detector(s) used
garret atpro
propointer
sampson 18" digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It doesn't bother me as bad this year I just love watching the show. As for the over the top excitement id be thrilled if I dug the first bullet fired in the civil war also. Lol just poking a little fun, sounds like they're great guys to meet in person.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TreasureNet

Vladio

Mar 5, 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro, ProPointer &
Bounty Hunter (kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We still laugh at Tim saying "I love us". I used it tonight when me, the 5 yr old and te 8 yr old found a wheatie. Sorry Tim if that's ®. Lol

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's just it, you aren't "defending the show" you're are attacking people for having an opinion different than yours. Why do you care if someone thinks they act stupid? They aren't attacking YOU so you have no justification in your statements against them.

You used the terms "garbage" and "crap" to describe my post, and falsely accuse me of "yelling"...and then you have the nerve to say "I am the one who is doing the attacking"?...My post was all in good fun...no degrading language from my end...."garbage", "crap", "false accusal" and still no apology from your end...I don't think I am the party who is on the attack here.

PS... You typed "YOU" at me in all caps and then falsely accuse and criticize me of "yelling", are you serious? And just to reiterate, again no degrading language or all caps yelling from my end this time either.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You used the terms "garbage" and "crap" to describe my post, and falsely accuse me of "yelling"...and then you have the nerve to say "I am the one who is doing the attacking"?...My post was all in good fun...no degrading language from my end...."garbage", "crap", "false accusal" and still no apology from your end...I don't think I am the party who is on the attack here.

PS... You typed "YOU" at me in all caps and then falsely accuse and criticize me of "yelling", are you serious? And just to reiterate, again no degrading language or all caps yelling from my end this time either.
I must have missed something because I didn't see where you "attacked" anyone. :dontknow:

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I must have missed something because I didn't see where you "attacked" anyone. :dontknow:

Thank you Mr. Lookingdown, ...I post a pic I think is funny and that's all it is, sheesh! If I was of the opposite opinion I would try to find a funnier pic to post in response, all in good fun, I guess some folks just ain't got much funny in 'em...(there I go attacking folks again, I guess).

PS. to all...I am a Dallas Cowboy fan, I drive a Subaru, I paddle a canoe, and I play fiddle...If anyone out there wants to poke fun at an old fiddle playin', canoe paddlin', Subaru drivin' Cowboy fan, be my guest, I'm not proud, I'm always happy for the chance to laugh at myself. That's why I like KG and Ringy, they're obviously not too proud to laugh at themselves either...here's wishing "roundness in The hole" to everyone! :occasion14:

Last edited:

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's just it, you aren't "defending the show"

I'm really am sorry but you have misquoted me again! I never said I was defending the show as you claim I said in your above quote...An exact quote from my post in question is "defending my opinion of the show"...not defending the show...You are free to read my posts and criticize away and I will take it to heart, but please don't quote and criticize me for statements you have pulled out of the air, statements that I did not make. It isn't proper or fair to me or the other readers who are expecting truth and forthrightness from posters.

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kg is a Dallas fan, we always give him a bunch of crap for that. Pay no mind to Jason, he is a little edgy at times:0)

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Offer him a snickers bar, and maybe he won't be a diva any more.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I followed a little bit of how they got started. The guys were making detecting videos for YouTube and were just acting crazy to get subscriber attention and actually got the attention of a production company out of Baltimore, MD. The production company liked the wacko nerd behavior the guys showed and wanted them to keep doing it, its their shtick. I like the guys, I'd hang out with them and would enjoy hunting along side of them, this hobby is about fun. One thing in life you can count on is if someone else is having fun, making money or getting attention there will be someone who can't stand it because there's something in their life that sucks and instead of fixing it they whine and complain about the guy doing ok. Pathetic. Its a show, you don't like it go make your own "cool video" of you digging a hole and watch it over and over and be proud of yourself.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I followed a little bit of how they got started. The guys were making detecting videos for YouTube and were just acting crazy to get subscriber attention and actually got the attention of a production company out of Baltimore, MD. The production company liked the wacko nerd behavior the guys showed and wanted them to keep doing it, its their shtick.

Well in all Honesty, Have you ever requested permission to Search a swimming pool off season ?

I have and on 2 occasions at 2 different pools, I was told No because there
was no water in the pool & if I fall in, Their insurance won't cover me.

Now Look at where I put the Yellow Dots & Tell me,How would I fall in ?

Yes the Cement walks around the pools are 4 Feet wide Minimum

Untitledhh.jpg

Untitledr.jpg

My conclusion was always obvious, They were grabbing at Straws to say no
without being Rude.

Now remember KG finding a relic, jumping up,
running at break neck speed, tripping and rolliing.

As much as I respect him, & enjoy the show.

Imagine they are Shooting at this Pool & it's empty like This,
KG finds a large Platinum & Diamond Ring where the Yellow Dot is,
and Ringy is the Blue Dot .
What Route would production have KG run ? :o

Untitledww.jpg

They now have Ammo.

We know better, But the ignorant don't want to know better.
they just see Dangerous People that want on their property :o ???

Last edited:

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I followed a little bit of how they got started. The guys were making detecting videos for YouTube and were just acting crazy to get subscriber attention and actually got the attention of a production company out of Baltimore, MD. The production company liked the wacko nerd behavior the guys showed and wanted them to keep doing it, its their shtick. I like the guys, I'd hang out with them and would enjoy hunting along side of them, this hobby is about fun. One thing in life you can count on is if someone else is having fun, making money or getting attention there will be someone who can't stand it because there's something in their life that sucks and instead of fixing it they whine and complain about the guy doing ok. Pathetic. Its a show, you don't like it go make your own "cool video" of you digging a hole and watch it over and over and be proud of yourself.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

We actually have 7 DVD's that were produced. ATC never did much you tubing, just mostly to put DVD promos up. You think they are looney now you should watch one of the 7 DVD's, RM is a big Monty python fan so you can imagine how they are. Lol

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy the show but why do they have to act like 10 year olds every time they find something, drives me crazy. Lol

A term you'll hear over & over if you deal with the TV folks. "It was edited for entertainment value" Doesn't matter if they make you look like a 10 yr old fool or edit your statement to completely misconstrue it. "It was edited for entertainment value".

The big gripe I have with em & have written to em several times is the lack of focus on getting permission & filling holes etc. Always visualizing a bunch of newbies tearing up the countryside with E tools and doing cartwheels through the holes. But I guess getting permission & filling holes isn't entertaining!

rabbid-digger

Jul 1, 2013
fennville,MI
Detector(s) used
garret atpro
propointer
sampson 18" digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought they always have permission, almost always they're on the grounds with the property owners to begin the show. Plus an entire camera crew id have to believe they have permission.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TreasureNet

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A term you'll hear over & over if you deal with the TV folks. "It was edited for entertainment value" Doesn't matter if they make you look like a 10 yr old fool or edit your statement to completely misconstrue it. "It was edited for entertainment value".

The big gripe I have with em & have written to em several times is the lack of focus on getting permission & filling holes etc. Always visualizing a bunch of newbies tearing up the countryside with E tools and doing cartwheels through the holes. But I guess getting permission & filling holes isn't entertaining!

Well the Permission Thing is pretty Obvious, Or should be.
After all They bring in a TV crew Archie, And also the Land owner.

So in my opinion it would be redundant to mention getting permission,
especially with all the wasting time already.

The proper Filling of Holes, perhaps should be shown, But again, Time.

I noticed they run reruns with popups on the Screen,
The popups have a little pigeon to the left & comments that
are too tiny to read & too Fast also, But I'm guessing it is Lame comments from
Children who watch the show while texting & they post their comments like
Ghost hunters used to do on their Live shows when Kids would watch & pretend to see ghosts around any corner. But Maybe, Just Maybe they should at least be giving out proper rules in those Boxes
during Reruns, & making them Readable.
of course I would maybe watch, IF they didn't have them Pop ups.
Or just ran a stream along the Bottom.
I got ill from the popups & deleted.

They are calling it Diggers :Juiced.

Yes they are Reruns, but because of all the pop-ups
Blocking the view of what's happening on screen,
they call them New.

I see Gold rush is doing the Pop up thing with reruns too & calling them New :(
Bunch a Phoney child like Producers imo

Last edited:

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of the MD shows have goofy people, I hope it is not contagious.

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would imagine that people who have historic property call the show, they all want their fifteen minutes of fame and they get to keep whatever is found.It is a Win,Win situation. What gets me upset is, in a few shows, they break branches in the small ornamental trees by jumping on them.

Jim

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would imagine that people who have historic property call the show, they all want their fifteen minutes of fame and they get to keep whatever is found.It is a Win,Win situation. What gets me upset is, in a few shows, they break branches in the small ornamental trees by jumping on them.

Jim

Yes about 3 Years ago there were adds on Craigs list, Claiming to be Professional Detectorsts,
who travel the Country Looking for historic Sites to Hunt.
My guess it was the Producers trying to line up sites, & see if they could get leads.

Now I don't care about Trees. They continue to Grow around here,
Even when I mow the small ones down.
But not everyone seems to know that.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions