nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wish I knew more about Native American Artifacts because they are Amazing . I usually only Look for them when I am out searching field sites for Metal Detecting.

My Daughter found these today and she is very eager to know there actual use identity.

I was thinking the one was part of a drill point and the other well reminded me of a Axe head?
the bigger piece is 5 inches in length and 3 inches at the widest width.

Thanks for any help and hope to show more finds later.

Nova Treasure

Attachments

• 3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 006.jpg
    3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 006.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 235
  • 3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 007.jpg
    3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 007.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 245
Upvote 0

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
Re: Two finds Needing Id

hello Nova Treasures Daughter, can not till what you drill started life as,, dovetail,, snyder,, brewenton or something i do not even know. i have drills that are broken as bad or worse than yours in box waiting till get enough drills to make a drill frame.. drills seem to be hard to find...Treasure ,, need more photos, sides,, ends... back as well as front to even make a try at naming it... it could be axe,, but it could also be a how.... T.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You need to make your pictures smaller. The first picture is way to big to get a good look at the object. The second picture is the base off of a Drill though and would have been a killer artifact if not broken.

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

SRV said:
You need to make your pictures smaller. The first picture is way to big to get a good look at the object. The second picture is the base off of a Drill though and would have been a killer artifact if not broken.

Wow, very sorry for the huge pics. I thought i had already resized them before i sent them, should have looked, but was in a hurry when i posted.

Thanks, I thought the base was part of a drill but needed to verify.

Thanks Bill

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

tmodel said:
need more photos, sides,, ends... back as well as front to even make a try at naming it... it could be axe,, but it could also be a how.... T.

Here is a couple more pics.

Thanks Bill

Attachments

• 3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 014.jpg
    3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 014.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 013.jpg
    3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 013.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 012.jpg
    3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 012.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 224

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.

broke drill may have been made from a point that was broken and reworked into that nice,, may have been a hafted dill... [2] lives for [1] piece of flint,. now starting [3] life as a pretty drill type artifact,... i think it is a hoe! [[if patina is same in knothes [phoths 006 and 014]as on rest of tool]].. it could have been mounted in forked or partley split handle,, with photo 014] as face looking at tool user,then tied with wet rawhide in figure [8]s across both faces and back to front... let dry to srink and hold tool tight.. the size and photos of flint tool are a lot ,lot better just me not sure what i am seeing, still learning i hope.. if i am wrong [[you are sure or just think i am]]in anything i have said, i wish someone would chime in and tell all of US the right of it...... come on jump in, i will not cry or bash key boards!!!!!!!!!!!! T. central highland rim of Tennessee...

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.

just found this post while i was looking for another one..think you should have a look at it. [flint hoe/ axe,] by `Catherine1!! it is on same page as this post now.. T.

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

tmodel said:
just found this post while i was looking for another one..think you should have a look at it. [flint hoe/ axe,] by `Catherine1!! it is on same page as this post now.. T.

Thanks, I added to the title, so maybe we can get someone to chime in with ya.

Thanks for helping, Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread