nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wish I knew more about Native American Artifacts because they are Amazing . I usually only Look for them when I am out searching field sites for Metal Detecting.

My Daughter found these today and she is very eager to know there actual use identity.

I was thinking the one was part of a drill point and the other well reminded me of a Axe head?
the bigger piece is 5 inches in length and 3 inches at the widest width.

Thanks for any help and hope to show more finds later.

Nova Treasure

Attachments

• 3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 006.jpg
    3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 006.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 235
  • 3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 007.jpg
    3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 007.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 245
Upvote 0
Re: Two finds Needing Id

hello Nova Treasures Daughter, can not till what you drill started life as,, dovetail,, snyder,, brewenton or something i do not even know. i have drills that are broken as bad or worse than yours in box waiting till get enough drills to make a drill frame.. drills seem to be hard to find...Treasure ,, need more photos, sides,, ends... back as well as front to even make a try at naming it... it could be axe,, but it could also be a how.... T.

You need to make your pictures smaller. The first picture is way to big to get a good look at the object. The second picture is the base off of a Drill though and would have been a killer artifact if not broken.

SRV said:
You need to make your pictures smaller. The first picture is way to big to get a good look at the object. The second picture is the base off of a Drill though and would have been a killer artifact if not broken.

Wow, very sorry for the huge pics. I thought i had already resized them before i sent them, should have looked, but was in a hurry when i posted.

Thanks, I thought the base was part of a drill but needed to verify.

Thanks Bill

tmodel said:
need more photos, sides,, ends... back as well as front to even make a try at naming it... it could be axe,, but it could also be a how.... T.

Here is a couple more pics.

Thanks Bill

Attachments

• 3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 014.jpg
    3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 014.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 013.jpg
    3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 013.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 012.jpg
    3 12 2011 Me Cody Danielle 012.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 224

broke drill may have been made from a point that was broken and reworked into that nice,, may have been a hafted dill... [2] lives for [1] piece of flint,. now starting [3] life as a pretty drill type artifact,... i think it is a hoe! [[if patina is same in knothes [phoths 006 and 014]as on rest of tool]].. it could have been mounted in forked or partley split handle,, with photo 014] as face looking at tool user,then tied with wet rawhide in figure [8]s across both faces and back to front... let dry to srink and hold tool tight.. the size and photos of flint tool are a lot ,lot better just me not sure what i am seeing, still learning i hope.. if i am wrong [[you are sure or just think i am]]in anything i have said, i wish someone would chime in and tell all of US the right of it...... come on jump in, i will not cry or bash key boards!!!!!!!!!!!! T. central highland rim of Tennessee...

just found this post while i was looking for another one..think you should have a look at it. [flint hoe/ axe,] by `Catherine1!! it is on same page as this post now.. T.

tmodel said:
just found this post while i was looking for another one..think you should have a look at it. [flint hoe/ axe,] by `Catherine1!! it is on same page as this post now.. T.

Thanks, I added to the title, so maybe we can get someone to chime in with ya.

Thanks for helping, Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back