Two More Bucket Listers Dug Today MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not kidding when I say the season could end today and I'd be a Happy Camper. :hello2: I got out for a 3 hour hunt. I drove through town and I did not get a good feeling from any of the sites I drove by, so somehow I ended up in the next town over at an older school & football field, playing on my gut feeling again. Allowing the universal law of attraction to take me to a site where a great find layed in waiting. This was my inaugural hunt going wireless on the F75LTDSE. The hunt started with the 5"DD coil as I swung near the basketball courts. I then meandered through areas I have previously gridded over to the visitors bleachers. I pulled a little clad and then thought I should continue my grid of the Football field. I never hunt sports fields when the teams are in preseason practice schedule or in season. The junior high school is the only team that uses this old field now since they built a new one across town a few years ago. I swapped out the sniper coil with the stock DD and began the grid. On my 2nd pass I got a screamer at about 4 inches down. Dug the plug and out popped the Morgan (1921), my 1st ever and in good shape. :headbang: After I did my Happy Dance and thanked the Lord, I continued my grid. In three hours I gridded about 15 yards from sideline to sideline. There was plenty of targets and clad to be had. On my 2nd last pass, guess what I dug? My 1st ever CLASS RING (10K from the class of 1992).:headbang: HAPPY DANCE again. What an awesome Chistmas Eve day hunt. Two Bucket Listers in one hunt. The ring has the owners name inscribed, so now I have an opportunity to see if I can return it. :icon_thumleft:

Today's Keepers

20161224_153403.jpg 20161224_153428.jpg

All Finds (less trash)

20161224_163223.jpg

As always I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

From the bottom of my heart, I say "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night" :notworthy:

Upvote 69

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,, it was a long time ago when,, a referee reached into his pocket, pulled a silver dollar out and asked the home team captain,, "Heads or Tails?"
Yep, that's how it happened. On one of those future game starting coin tosses, the ref reaches for his Silver Dollar and guess what??
Congrats on your wonderful hunt and the 2 Bucket Listers. I'm still looking for a game starter like that one.

Last edited:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christmas came a day early, Sweeet finds!! A silver dollar and a class ring, Wow!! Both still on my wish list.
Congrats and Merry Christmas!!

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haha. On the first day of Christmas the High school brought to me, one goooooolden riiiiiing!

Great find brother. I couldn't be happier for you. That's a massive chunk of silver, and gold.

Thanks Steve, silver and gold is always good. Not bad for an Ohio boy. I love the re-purposed whistle ya dug.

U GO LOCO!!! Woohoo...BIG...no...HUGE silver! And it looks awesome! Great looking ring too...congrats on your 2 bucket listers bud...gotta root for the Ohio boys...Merry Xmas! Ddf

Thanks DDF 2 in one day is a hunt to remember, for sure. O-H I-O Go Buckeyes

Awesome finds...always wanted both those finds myself. Good luck on the return, getting a ring back from 25 years ago would be a great Christmas surprise. Way to follow your gut, I might have to try that

Thanks highnam I have been trying to find him via the internet after our company left, I have a couple prospective leads already.

It couldn't have happened to a more die hard t-hunter than Loco. A big congrats and I got a feeling you are gonna make someone's day wits that ring. The Morgan was your reward for that future good deed.

Thanks V-nut, Lord knows I try. Fingers crossed that I can find the owner.

WOW. A couple of super nice finds, a silver dollar is still on my list. Congrats.

Thanks Mike I am averaging one a year. in 2014 a Clad Ike, in 2015 a silver Peace Dollar, and finally in 2016 this Morgan. Hoping I can keep the streak alive.

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's one nice coin there Kevin
And a gold ring I'd say a great day congratulations
Hh gl and merry Christmas

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Merry Christmas to you too... That was a great early present for you.... I have never found a Morgan.... Nice

Thanks b-man it sure was, I have had a Morgan Dollar on my mind for the longest time now. Feels great to check it off the list. Are you swinging your F75 much?

Congrats on the two off the bucket list! Keep the finds coming.

Thanks hopefully I can scrounge up another keeper or 2 in the next two days.

Wow! Huge Congratualtions on the Morgan dollar and Class Ring recovery! :notworthy:

Merry Christmas Loco-Digger!

Thanks Doc, I am just glad I dug something post worthy. You have been killing it this season.

Congrats on the Christmas presents! Awesome!

But, I wouldn't expect much under the tree tomorrow. <[;-{|>

Thanks Whadi, I am in the same boat as you for the next 2 days. I will be swinging the coil. The kids and the wife have been great to me this year. The son gave me a high end E-Tool, the daughter bought me a 2017 red book for coins, a book about metal detecting, and a wooden coin display case with a pack of plastic coin flips. It's great to be alive.

Good job, My friend. They are indeed great finds. I have never found a silver dollar, but have found a class ring, class of 1918 and never could get it back. Couldn't find any info on it. Congrats on your finds, Loco.

Thanks John, being a grey day, I actually thought I was digging a solid reading ball of foil, but when I began to clean it off, I soon realized what it was, WOW what a feeling, now I can parley that feeling on a return.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy Stocking Stuffers!!!
Congrats my brother....what a great Christmas gift for yourself!

Thanks Dave, I was hoping to see a current picture of the Relic Tree you are known to decorate for Christmas. Did you set it up this year?

Congrats on both targets I've not either and am waiting for that class ring some day. Thanks for posting..

strick

Thanks strick Gotta love a big screaming silver and a solid target ID class ring.

Listening to your hunches and following "the universal law of attraction" Love It!

Very Cool Story & Great Finds Loco...............

Thanks wildcarrot Some may call it ZEN detecting :tongue3: Have you seen "The Secret"?

I know how hard you pushed to get to your goals for the season..........and those two wonderful finds just put your season over the top!! I'm very happy for you, Loco-Digger, especially since you thought your season might be over............difficult as it may be, sleep well tonight, brother!! With this warm weather, I'm sure that field is going to get the L-D treatment the next few days!!
And, a Merry Christmas to you and yours................

Thanks Chizzy, I was kind of bumming after I tried to hunt and found the ground frozen the last hunt. Isn't amazing how this hobby can let you down one day and shoot you over the moon the next day. I still have two days free to swing the coil before I go back to work. I do plan on continuing the grid both days. This site has been a honey hole for me over the last 3 seasons. Merry Christmas to you & yours, Good Luck & Happy Hunting.

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent hunt! Merry Christmas!

aj

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are great finds. Hopefully you can locate the owner. In 2000 I found a class of 1931 ring and was able to return it to the owner's daughter. What a thrill that was!

Thanks Bass, I am also hoping to return the ring. Kudos on your return.

Merry Christmas indeed!! Congrats on the bucket listers!

-- Jeff --

Thanks Jeff it's a Very Merry Christmas

Perfect hunt, lots of productive digging and 2 sweet bucket list finds in one hunt, well done

Thanks I like a target rich site, the clad adds up. 2 quality finds in 1 hunt, what more could one ask for?

Thats a couple of presents any of us would like get. Congrats. Im thinking that Morgan must have been dropped more recently or have you found other coins from that time period there? No matter what, great find

Thanks toasted. It may have been used for Heads or Tails as ATW mentioned. This site has given up my 1st Barber quarter (1894), my 1st barber dime, multiple Mercs and Rosies and a couple silver Washingtons not to mention over $200 in clad. This field was made in 1965, before that time I believe it was just a farmers field. The older football field is still there, but could not be used after an addition to the building around that time. The original school is on the 1858 county atlas. the football field moved laterally on the property, from right behind the old school to the East.

Yep,, it was a long time ago when,, a referee reached into his pocket, pulled a silver dollar out and asked the home team captain,, "Heads or Tails?"
Yep, that's how it happened. On one of those future game starting coin tosses, the ref reaches for his Silver Dollar and guess what??
Congrats on your wonderful hunt and the 2 Bucket Listers. I'm still looking for a game starter like that one.

Thanks ATW, you might be on to something there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Christmas came a day early, Sweeet finds!! A silver dollar and a class ring, Wow!! Both still on my wish list.
Congrats and Merry Christmas!!

Thanks deershed, it did come early. Hoping you dig yours soon.

That's one nice coin there Kevin
And a gold ring I'd say a great day congratulations
Hh gl and merry Christmas

Thanks Charlie, maybe someday I will pull some of the great things you've dug like that beautiful 8 Real or that nice gold broach you dug. That broach was your first target when we hunted together that Sunday morning last summer.

L-D! You da' man! How cool! You dug the "dream team" today, brother!

Thanks McCDig, after reading all your posts the pressure was on for me to dig something post worthy.

Excellent hunt! Merry Christmas!

aj

Thanks aj

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice Santa sack presents :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright: only diggin' here is yellow snow & reindeer beans :BangHead:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!!!! That is soooooo cool! I would be so excited, congrats buddy, they are both beautiful finds!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge Congrats to you Loco! All the karma paid off. Great way to finish off the year! Merry Christmas!

Mr. Digger

Nov 25, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Major congrats on the Morgan. What a dream find that is. Wow!

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello LD. All I can say is RIGHT ON! Those two are still ON my bucket list. What a great way to end the year...but it ain't over yet, right? Good Luck C9

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow Loco... you rock!
You have now found a Morgan and Peace dollar... something most of us will look a lifetime for and never find.... Great for you! Merry Christmas....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread