Two More Bucket Listers Dug Today MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not kidding when I say the season could end today and I'd be a Happy Camper. :hello2: I got out for a 3 hour hunt. I drove through town and I did not get a good feeling from any of the sites I drove by, so somehow I ended up in the next town over at an older school & football field, playing on my gut feeling again. Allowing the universal law of attraction to take me to a site where a great find layed in waiting. This was my inaugural hunt going wireless on the F75LTDSE. The hunt started with the 5"DD coil as I swung near the basketball courts. I then meandered through areas I have previously gridded over to the visitors bleachers. I pulled a little clad and then thought I should continue my grid of the Football field. I never hunt sports fields when the teams are in preseason practice schedule or in season. The junior high school is the only team that uses this old field now since they built a new one across town a few years ago. I swapped out the sniper coil with the stock DD and began the grid. On my 2nd pass I got a screamer at about 4 inches down. Dug the plug and out popped the Morgan (1921), my 1st ever and in good shape. :headbang: After I did my Happy Dance and thanked the Lord, I continued my grid. In three hours I gridded about 15 yards from sideline to sideline. There was plenty of targets and clad to be had. On my 2nd last pass, guess what I dug? My 1st ever CLASS RING (10K from the class of 1992).:headbang: HAPPY DANCE again. What an awesome Chistmas Eve day hunt. Two Bucket Listers in one hunt. The ring has the owners name inscribed, so now I have an opportunity to see if I can return it. :icon_thumleft:

Today's Keepers

20161224_153403.jpg 20161224_153428.jpg

All Finds (less trash)

20161224_163223.jpg

As always I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

From the bottom of my heart, I say "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night" :notworthy:

Upvote 69

Jacobsdt

Jan 9, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher F75 ltd, Garrett Pro Pointer and a little luck
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome coin, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is just about as good as it gets. Congrats on a stellar hunt.

I have found neither a silver dollar, nor a class ring! You are killing me.

Thanks Tom, 3 dollar coins came from this site, only one was silver. I have dug 4 dollar coins in the past 3 years not counting that large 1812 French 5 Francs coin. 4 gold items to date, 3 rings and a pocket watch. This is the greatest hobby ever. Hoping you find some gold soon bro or even a large silver.

HOLY MORGANS Batman!

That's incredible that you pulled a silver dollar out of that field! What an awesome find! I wonder if it was someone's "Flip coin" that they lost, or something. And then to top it off with a gold class ring, that's just AWESOME!

Congrats to you, and way to end the year SUPER STRONG! That's awesome Loco... Super thrilled for ya. :)

And a Merry Christmas, Indeed! I look forward to hearing what else you pull from the field!

Thanks Skippy I think I got some of your luck from when we talked on the phone. I did pull an Ike and some silver jewelry the following day, but not much the 3rd day. Still have 20 yards to go to finish the grid of the FB field.

Great hunt, Loco. I found my first and ONLY silver dollar this year as well, but I have never found a class ring.

Congrats, and may next years finds put these to shame.

Thanks beerguy, love to hear those screamers when I detect. I still get a tingle when I think of that plug.

Awesome coin, congratulations! :occasion14:

Thanks Jacobsdt, the ring wasn't bad either.

DirtLover

Oct 9, 2016
Florence,Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236 x2....Garrett GTP 1350....Whites 6000DI Pro SL....Eurotek Pro....Tesoro Deleon...Minelab X-Terra 70...Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Homie...Thats A Beautiful picture right there...now thats what im talking bout.....:bronzetrophy::notworthy:

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome hunt Loco :occasion14: Huge congratulations on those two killer finds. I havent been on here for a few days and I see I missed some great posts. Happy New year man.

Noah14

Dec 25, 2016
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds! I was lucky enough to find an 1891 Morgan a couple weeks ago, that's what initially got me interested in metal detecting.
Merry Christmas to you and your family! :icon_thumright:

Noah

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Homie...Thats A Beautiful picture right there...now thats what im talking bout.....:bronzetrophy::notworthy:

Thanks D L, they had me stoked to, so much so that I had to take them to work to show them off.

Awesome hunt Loco :occasion14: Huge congratulations on those two killer finds. I havent been on here for a few days and I see I missed some great posts. Happy New year man.

Thanks Brad, your priorities are in the right place, friends and family for the holidays, but when there not around, watch out.

Those are some great finds! I was lucky enough to find an 1891 Morgan a couple weeks ago, that's what initially got me interested in metal detecting.
Merry Christmas to you and your family! :icon_thumright:

Noah

Thanks Noah and again, welcome to the community. What's the story behind your Morgan?

Noah14

Dec 25, 2016
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Noah and again, welcome to the community. What's the story behind your Morgan?

Thanks! My church needed some help putting in some floors so my brother and I went there to help. While I was outside of the building I found the Morgan, not buried very deep. I'm still wondering how it got there without anyone else seeing it, but hey, I can't complain :laughing7:

Noah

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AWESOME Finish if this was your last hunt for 2016. Congrats :hello2: :headbang:

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Saves Loco! Looks like that F75 is finding the good stuff.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loco, how much clad have you pulled off that field?

Skippy I have pulled well in excess of $200 in clad, maybe over $250 or $280. It was so target rich when I first started to hunt this place that many hunts I would not dig if the target rang in less than a quarter especially when hunting around the concession stand and the bleachers. My nail apron got plenty heavy, walking away averaging $8 an hour. It is a public school where it is fenced in and locked daily but does not have any "No Trespassing" signs like other local football fields. The town built new school buildings and new sports fields on the other side of town. This has been my honey hole for the past 3 years. I have hunted there plenty of times with staff present and never had an issue from them.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's kicking butt! Big Congrats on the gold ring and BIG silver. I know that you're tickled pink.
I'd still be jumping up and down if I did that.:blob7:

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread