Two More Bucket Listers Dug Today MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not kidding when I say the season could end today and I'd be a Happy Camper. :hello2: I got out for a 3 hour hunt. I drove through town and I did not get a good feeling from any of the sites I drove by, so somehow I ended up in the next town over at an older school & football field, playing on my gut feeling again. Allowing the universal law of attraction to take me to a site where a great find layed in waiting. This was my inaugural hunt going wireless on the F75LTDSE. The hunt started with the 5"DD coil as I swung near the basketball courts. I then meandered through areas I have previously gridded over to the visitors bleachers. I pulled a little clad and then thought I should continue my grid of the Football field. I never hunt sports fields when the teams are in preseason practice schedule or in season. The junior high school is the only team that uses this old field now since they built a new one across town a few years ago. I swapped out the sniper coil with the stock DD and began the grid. On my 2nd pass I got a screamer at about 4 inches down. Dug the plug and out popped the Morgan (1921), my 1st ever and in good shape. :headbang: After I did my Happy Dance and thanked the Lord, I continued my grid. In three hours I gridded about 15 yards from sideline to sideline. There was plenty of targets and clad to be had. On my 2nd last pass, guess what I dug? My 1st ever CLASS RING (10K from the class of 1992).:headbang: HAPPY DANCE again. What an awesome Chistmas Eve day hunt. Two Bucket Listers in one hunt. The ring has the owners name inscribed, so now I have an opportunity to see if I can return it. :icon_thumleft:

Today's Keepers

20161224_153403.jpg 20161224_153428.jpg

All Finds (less trash)

20161224_163223.jpg

As always I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

From the bottom of my heart, I say "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night" :notworthy:

Upvote 69

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job, Loco! A silver dollar is high on the list for many of us! I brought my gear up to my mom's house in Maine thinking I could get a little swinging action in while I have some time off. Alas, I forgot to ask if the ground was covered in snow. It is. She usually tells me these things. I am happy for you that you found some green space that you could dig and get those two bucket listers taken care of! It's a Christmas miracle! Congrats!

mack0238

May 10, 2015
Rochester, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YESSS!!!!!!

What a great day.

Way to go my boy!

Have a few glasses of Egg Nog !

Happy Hunting

BIENER

Apr 27, 2016
Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
AT Max
Racer 2
CORS Fierce coil
CORS Fortune coil
CORS Scout
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations!

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice Santa sack presents :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright: only diggin' here is yellow snow & reindeer beans :BangHead:

Thanks ace, I was thinking last weekend that my season was over, but I am liking the little warm spell we are having. Looking forward to getting back out tomorrow. Then it's back to work on Tuesday.

Thanks Casper

WOW!!!!! That is soooooo cool! I would be so excited, congrats buddy, they are both beautiful finds!

Thanks Brad. After seeing all your amazing recent hunts, I just had to pull something post worthy.

Huge Congrats to you Loco! All the karma paid off. Great way to finish off the year! Merry Christmas!

Thanks SD, I try to bank as much Karma as possible, whenever possible, you just never know when you might need some.

Major congrats on the Morgan. What a dream find that is. Wow!

Thanks Mr Digger, you are so right. I have had this on the top of my list for over a year. Now the FE has top spot on the list.

I gotta say it. You must have been good this year. Way to go Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Thanks, I've been good, but also persistent. The more you swing the coil and the more targets you dig, the more the treasure you seek will be uncovered. I am looking forward to doing some CW relic hunting in 2017, but deep down in my heart, I am a coin shooter.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the huge silver and gold merry Christmas

Thanks Art, I still want to hunt with you someday.

A big Congrats for a big silver! Nice!

Thanks H-D Love a seeing big silver in the whole.

Hello LD. All I can say is RIGHT ON! Those two are still ON my bucket list. What a great way to end the year...but it ain't over yet, right? Good Luck C9

Thanks C9, keep after them, just know it's going to happen and soon enough you will pull what you seek. What are the odds of a referee using a 1921 Morgan as a heads or tails coin back in the mid sixties through a few years ago would have dropped it just for me to eventually dig it. RIGHT ON!!

Wow Loco... you rock!
You have now found a Morgan and Peace dollar... something most of us will look a lifetime for and never find.... Great for you! Merry Christmas....

Thanks MJ I am so glad the detecting Gods are being kind to me when it comes to Bucket List items and the fact that no one has ever detected this place to my knowledge. When I started to hunt this site 3 years ago it was so target rich, that often times I only dug quarter or higher signals. The site has given me 6 firsts and well over $200 in clad. By the way, the Deteknix wireless adapters work great, it's sweet not being tethered to the detector.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job, Loco! A silver dollar is high on the list for many of us! I brought my gear up to my mom's house in Maine thinking I could get a little swinging action in while I have some time off. Alas, I forgot to ask if the ground was covered in snow. It is. She usually tells me these things. I am happy for you that you found some green space that you could dig and get those two bucket listers taken care of! It's a Christmas miracle! Congrats!

Thanks Monster, sorry to hear about the snow in Maine, but it is late December ya know. The Christmas miracle came when the wife informed me that next year we are going to be in Florida for the holidays and that I will be free to detect the beaches as much as my heart desires. Isn't life great!

YESSS!!!!!!

What a great day.

Way to go my boy!

Have a few glasses of Egg Nog !

Happy Hunting

Thanks Mack

Congratulations!

Thanks Biener

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Loco... 1st time ever times two in one day. Those sure are some nice presents to unwrap during the Holidays. Santa was looking out for you.

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang loco super finds one these days I'll see a Morgan come , maybe on Tuesday I'll heading to a old copper mining town got permission to hunt . Congrats!!!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Kevin my first dollar was a 1921 Morgan also few and far between I'm sure nice ring also they will be very happy to get that back my first class ring was from the 50s just initials I posted on their reunion site no response its been a year and a half any way I'm very happy for you!!! you definatley deserve those great finds!!!Merry Christmas we still have 6 inches of snow and not much sign of it melting and no sign of the ground errrr

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Its been too snowy and cold here in Western slope Colorado to swing anything but firewood into my Lopi Stove. Would of loved to of gone out and looked for meteorites in the snow, but with the winds whipping up- no way !!! Tooo darned cold even all dressed up for the cold. :notworthy::notworthy:

Yep call me what you will, but never call me a wussy !! hahaha as I have been out on our Mule hunting and digging when its been -20 with the wind chill but the sun was a shining. Not the few past days - too cold and snowy with the winds of 30-50 mph. Even my dog won't go out ...

Congratulations on your find ... Merry Christmas to one and all ....

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome Loco! Congrats on one heck of a day. My son's health is back to normal so I should be able to get back out next spring and swing to my heart's content. Merry Christmas and hope you and your family had a great holiday.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's outstanding Bud!! Congrats on your bucket listers. That's the feeling that keeps us going

HH RN

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on two great bucket list finds Loco. Its an unbelievable feeling to see a Morgan come out of the ground.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are two nice keepers / bucket listers.
I have found dollar sized silver (an 8R), but yet to get a gold class ring.
Congrats on a great day in the dirt.
You got to get lucky once in awhile. Dig enough holes something good will be in one of them.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are two things I've never dug - silver dollar and gold ring. Congrats on those bucket listers!

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Loco... 1st time ever times two in one day. Those sure are some nice presents to unwrap during the Holidays. Santa was looking out for you.

Thanks Dave, it was a hunt to remember, hoping to get the ring returned so I can bank some more Karma.

Dang loco super finds one these days I'll see a Morgan come , maybe on Tuesday I'll heading to a old copper mining town got permission to hunt . Congrats!!!!!

Thanks jim hope you pulled come keepers today at the mining town.

Great job Kevin my first dollar was a 1921 Morgan also few and far between I'm sure nice ring also they will be very happy to get that back my first class ring was from the 50s just initials I posted on their reunion site no response its been a year and a half any way I'm very happy for you!!! you definatley deserve those great finds!!!Merry Christmas we still have 6 inches of snow and not much sign of it melting and no sign of the ground errrr

Thanks Tommy, that's so cool you found a place to post the ring find looking for the owner. I plan on hitting up the school when the winter break is over to see what I can find out about the rings owner. Sorry about the snow, just means it's time to put your best of 2016 post together, remove the batteries, cle4an the gear and research for future permissions.

That's Awesome WTG :thumbsup:

Thanks BC. you must think I pull large silvers on every hunt. Not so though, but I do post them when they pop up. Thanks again for the pair of gloves, they are warmer then the brand I use.

Its been too snowy and cold here in Western slope Colorado to swing anything but firewood into my Lopi Stove. Would of loved to of gone out and looked for meteorites in the snow, but with the winds whipping up- no way !!! Tooo darned cold even all dressed up for the cold. :notworthy::notworthy:
Yep call me what you will, but never call me a wussy !! hahaha as I have been out on our Mule hunting and digging when its been -20 with the wind chill but the sun was a shining. Not the few past days - too cold and snowy with the winds of 30-50 mph. Even my dog won't go out ...

Congratulations on your find ... Merry Christmas to one and all ....

Thanks Cassews, stay warm, the treasure you seek is in the ground awaiting for the thaw so you can swing your coil over it.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That is just about as good as it gets. Congrats on a stellar hunt.

I have found neither a silver dollar, nor a class ring! You are killing me.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome Loco! Congrats on one heck of a day. My son's health is back to normal so I should be able to get back out next spring and swing to my heart's content. Merry Christmas and hope you and your family had a great holiday.

Thanks Q, glad to hear about your son's health, looking forward to your finds posts this coming spring.

That's outstanding Bud!! Congrats on your bucket listers. That's the feeling that keeps us going

HH RN

Thanks rn, you know it, your next plug might be "THE PLUG" that holds the treasure you've been seeking. It's a great feeling when those plugs occur. Good Luck with your new CTX 3030.

Congrats on two great bucket list finds Loco. Its an unbelievable feeling to see a Morgan come out of the ground.

Thanks TH, I was more elated with the Morgan than most of my other bucket list items. It has been on my mind for the past 2 years. Now on to finding my 1st Flying Eagle.

Those are two nice keepers / bucket listers.
I have found dollar sized silver (an 8R), but yet to get a gold class ring.
Congrats on a great day in the dirt.
You got to get lucky once in awhile. Dig enough holes something good will be in one of them.

Thanks Rick, the 8 real has still evaded my coil, heck I'd be happy with a piece of eight. I bet that 8 real puts a smile on your face every time you think about it.

Those are two things I've never dug - silver dollar and gold ring. Congrats on those bucket listers!

Thanks Steve, you definitely have the detectors needed to find the good stuff, they will come when you least expect them. GL & HH

Thanks CRU, you are one of my idols, I appreciate that you took some time to let me know you appreciate my finds and read my post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread