TWO SIGNS LEFT TO I.D. MINE, AS SPANISH, FRENCH, OR JESUIT.

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it really possible to over-plan a single expedition?
It seems that, the longer I have to wait, the more l realize that I don't have every possibility covered.

What if I get there and the magnetic poles of the planet switch?

Hypatheticly speaking...

The longer I have to wait, the farther I slip down the rabbit hole...

#/,'0{>:*--

In short, the answer is YES. You can over plan. My wife and my youngest son like to plan for the worst possible scenario, my oldest son likes to plan for almost nothing going wrong, and I like to plan for the most likely scenarios. Of course, only you can determine what those may be....

JB

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think my worst case scenario would be, running out of ammo.

Its the little things that are gettin' under my skin.
Getting the contract signed and getting the other folks together for training to assure a successful trip, is my biggest headache right now.

#/:0):*--

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think my worst case scenario would be, running out of ammo.

Its the little things that are gettin' under my skin.
Getting the contract signed and getting the other folks together for training to assure a successful trip, is my biggest headache right now.

#/:0):*--

Well, the details are important. Adequate training can be difficult. If the others haven't done this kind of thing before, training is very important. I am sure, however, that you have been at it long enough to know what kind of training the others need. Good luck, be careful, and keep us updated as much as you are comfortable with. If I was in your area, i would volunteer to help, but i'm not.

JB

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for offering.
This expedition will be for me and one family member from each of the landowners.
We are going to solve the triangle and hopefully find a token of proof that there is a treasure there.

After that, I will share all that I know about the site to the landowners as stated in the new contract.

This is to be my swan song' and hopefully the release from the mountain., and the end for my book.

The contract is seven pages long and doesn't contain their wishes and obligations concerning the mine and it's contents.
I am working to get them in the same room at the same time. It's hard to do when I cannot get them to answer their phone.

#/80(:*--

Mr bigshot

Jun 15, 2012
West Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting story Mike. Hopefully your trip up the mountain yields some answers and you can finish the book. I definitely need a copy. Thank you for sharing your story and experiences with us. Makes me a little jealous.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, but till it's done there's not much to be jealous about.
I started this trek while in my late forties now in my early sixties.
If I get everyone on the same page I should book done this year.
Every time it looks close something new happens.
Thanks for the interest.
MIKEL
#/;0):--

Mr bigshot

Jun 15, 2012
West Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jealous because you have seen and done things that most people including me only dream of. I know you put in a lot of hard work and have had a run of bad luck, but your posts have brought a degree of adventure into my life just by thinking about the possibilities and what it might be like. You have had a grand adventure and have alot of answers to the mystery of the mine. Furthermore more you show respect to the land, land owners, and anyone who might have perished there. You have a good heart Mike and I believe your intentions are noble. I respect the way you conduct your business, and how you're trying to bring the history to light. Thank you for sharing some of your experiences with us.
Henry T

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Henry T.
I am speechless. I am honored by your post. Thank you.
I know that have been blessed and I knew it at the end of the first day.
Every day since then, I have tried to foster and protect the history of the site.
I think that most folks would do the same.

In light of your post, l will let you be the first to know that, a few hours ago, I learned that there may be a map that might give the date and name of the Spanish explorer associated with the mine.

It will take a few weeks to put my hands on it.

This may trump any discovery to date. It's hard to keep it in my head.
I hope it is real.
Thanks for the humbling post.

MIKEL.

Mr bigshot

Jun 15, 2012
West Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Mike. Sounds like great news. This surely adds a bit of a twist that wasn't foreseeable. Should add another great chapter to that book of yours. Can't wait to hear about it.
Henry T

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waiting to see this map is like living thru some of the early chapters of the book.

Anticipation and trying to keep it real, makes me feel like the old
"STretCh ARMStroNG" toys. Trapped with one hand in two different worlds.
o
Mikel
# / ; 0 ) : - -

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you find out about the map? How long do you have to wait for?

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad talks to his cousin regularly and my progress comes up from time to time. He asked Dad about how I found the site, as he had an idea as to its location, and he has a guy working for him that has several old maps.
He put two and two together, and took a look at the maps and found one, maybe two that cover the area.

I'm going to ride with Dad next trip to see him. Dad has several appointments to handle before we go.

He wants to pick my brain. The maps are the price of admission... I don't get to keep originals but a copy will do.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's amazing how the Good Lord Works!! I'm happy for You Mikel. I can feel your excitement in your writing. BOB

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, but no sense in just sitting on my hands while I wait on others to get their part done.
Now I'm a little excited, rather than a lot anxious.

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOWDY MIKEL,

JUST GOT BACK FROM A FAMILY TRIP TO MONTANA YESTERDAY, AND AM JUST CATCHING UP ON ALL THE POSTS.

IT'S GREAT TO HEAR THAT THERE MAY BE A MAP, YOU WILL BE THE ONLY ONE TO KNOW IF IT REPRESENTS THE AREA. I DO HOPE IT DOES, AND THAT IT MAY HELP YOU WITH THE TRIANGULATION. IT MAY EVEN HAVE THINGS YOU NEVER NOTICED. THE MORE INFO, THE BETTER THE BOOK.

I AGREE WITH HENRY, AND ALSO ADMIRE THE WAY YOU ARE HANDLING THINGS. I BELIEVE OUR GOOD LORD HELPS THOSE WITH GOOD INTENTIONS, TO SEE AND UNDERSTAND THINGS THAT OTHERS CAN'T. JUST LIKE HE HAND PICKED DON JOSE TO UNCOVER THE TAYOPA.

HOMAR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions