TWO SIGNS LEFT TO I.D. MINE, AS SPANISH, FRENCH, OR JESUIT.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Homar
That 'plains why I haven't seen much of her input.

I could see right off that she is one of the sharpest knives in the block.

I'm trying to develop a more accurate time line, to figure out some of the younger trees on the site.

So, how was your outing?
I remember you said you were making a trip a week or two ago. I hope it went well for you.

MIKEL
#/;0):-

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOWDY MIKEL,

OUR TREASURE HUNTING PASSION MAKES US STUDY THINGS WE OTHERWISE WOULD NOT BE SO INTERESTED IN. YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT TRACK AMIGO, TIMELINES ARE CRUCIAL FOR VERIFYING LEGENDS. TREES ANSWER MANY QUESTIONS.

VACATION WAS GREAT, WENT TO THE INDIAN MARKET DAY THEY HOLD ONCE A YEAR IN SANTA FE. TRIBES FROM DIFFERENT STATES GATHER TO SPEAK, DANCE, AND SELL THEIR CRAFTS. GOT TO SEE THE MIRACLE STAIRCASE OF THE SAN LORETTO MISSION. MOST OF OUR DAYS WERE SPENT ON THE TETONS, AND YELLOWSTONE. WE STAYED IN A CABIN ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN WITH A NINE MILE ROAD JUST TO GET TO THE TOP. THE VIEW WAS AWESOME, AND SO WAS THE COOL WEATHER. WE DID SOME FLY FISHING, AND TRAIL RIDING. BARBECUED SOME ELK, AND BUFFALO WASHING IT DOWN WITH MOOSE DROOL.

HOMAR

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homar, you are absolutely correct about being passion driven to learn.
When I was in school I had little interest in history. Had I known that there were commonalities between riches and history, I wouldn't have gone to my next class.

I blame teachers for not connecting the dots!

That is their job.
I found a California history text book at a flea market a few year ago that linked history to gold, it was issued into school in 1950.

It is in perfect condition and stamped number one in the cover. I enjoyed reading it like a kid.

Now about that vacation!
That sounds like a perfect get away.

I envy you and all that can travel.

My great uncle wants me to go with him to his claims in Alaska.but I don't travel at that speed.

It's good to have you back here posting again

JJRyan

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and Lonestar bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Ive been studying this rock for about 2 weeks now. Idk if the arrow is telling me to go the direction its pointing or go down the mountain across the creek towards the arrow. The sideways backwards “L” is the same shape as the creek below. It also looks like mountain symbol from the front side. From the backside its a perfectly shaped “W”. Any thoughts what this rock is or who made the markings? This is from Montgomery County Arkansas.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JJ, I am on my phone. It's hard to see the details. Low batt warning. I will get back to this.
Interesting.
MIKEL

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay JJ, I'm back with a little more power.

I see that you are dealing with some of the same obstacles as I have.
Can't see the forest thru the trees.
IMHO, it looks to be a man made monument. The stones appear to be stacked then packed with a clay like mud, smoothed and shaped.
I think that there are many of these signs that go unnoticed because they look natural... until nature starts breaking them down. Then they show themselves to the open minded, trained eye.

I have several of these on my site. Some are made better than others.

You seem to have both on the same monument.

Try to find higher ground and look around for large version shaped mountains.

Also check up close on the still smooth surfaces for small shaped signs.

I hope this is helpful.

MIKEL

JJRyan

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay JJ, I'm back with a little more power.

I see that you are dealing with some of the same obstacles as I have.
Can't see the forest thru the trees.
IMHO, it looks to be a man made monument. The stones appear to be stacked then packed with a clay like mud, smoothed and shaped.
I think that there are many of these signs that go unnoticed because they look natural... until nature starts breaking them down. Then they show themselves to the open minded, trained eye.

I have several of these on my site. Some are made better than others.

You seem to have both on the same monument.

Try to find higher ground and look around for large version shaped mountains.

Also check up close on the still smooth surfaces for small shaped signs.

I hope this is helpful.

MIKEL
Thanks. Ive walked all over these mountains my whole life and never seen anything quite like this.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I have studied , something this large is usually a trail marker.

Without a map and without details on the surface, you will need something else for information.

I tend to shy away from
(L..7..and even 4 ,& X)
As they tend to be natural formations.

But clearly they are not all natural. So, in the case, you should follow the trail to the creek to the other L sign. Remember the configuration and which lead you there and look the direction the it points.

Watch for small shaped markers along the way.
Remember that you are most likely on a trail. Try to set your predecessors plan in mind as you go from point to point.

I did see, on the smooth side of the monument, some color changes in the mud plaster. Not uncommon, but clearly they are there. Take a close look before moving on.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JJ, I saw your friend request and will accept it as soon as I am on my laptop. This android "dumb" phone will not expand the screen enough for me to read the form, let alone fill it out. But I will get it done.
For now just consider us friends.

I enjoy trying to help others that are struggling with the same things as I have.

That's kinda what tnet is all about.

Oh. By the way.
The reason that some of these monuments break down is a failure to let the plaster cure before building the fire.

Last edited:

JJRyan

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its definently interesting, I havent been metal detecting for very long, but its definently a hobby Im startin to like alot. Im ready for deer season to get here. I figure the best time to go out in the woods will be when the leaves come off, its way to grown up right now. Barely seen this one a couple weeks ago image.jpg

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JJ. It took my phone three hours to show me the picture, and just as I saw it my wife called and it was on vibrate.
I almost threw my phone and peed my pants at the same time.

I'm fairly sure your reaction was similar to mine.

#/80():-

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time is slowly eating away at my mind.
Even after moving. Most of it by hand!

Now I am working on re-editing... removing particular wording that might possibly lead any locals to the site. One of the landowners is leery about some of the locals figuring it out. So, I'm double checking from their perspective. It never ends.

Two more weeks and we will?, try again to set up our get together to discuss the concept if a contract.

I have been working on an old cookoo clock. Its been in a box in the back of my closet for almost five years. I found it while moving.
I almost have it keeping good time. Last night it lost about six minutes.
Cookoo mechanism works correctly, but I rebuilt the second "koo" whistle. I used news paper but even that paper is too stiff.
I'm going to go out to find the proper paper.
They are tricky little buggers.

I should have some real news on the site in a few weeks on the site by then.

MIKEL

#/;0):-.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOWDY MIKEL,

I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW FRUSTRATING IT MUST BE TO HAVE TO RE-EDIT YOUR BOOK JUST TO PLEASE SOMEONE WHO HAS TO SIGN A CONTRACT. HOWEVER, YOU HAVE COME A LONG WAY TO LET THAT GET TO YOU. I HOPE IT'S CLEAR SAILING TO THE PRINTING PRESS FROM HERE.

IF YOU CAN'T GET THAT SECOND KOO TO WORK, JUST TELL THEM THE COOKOO BIRD CAME OUT OF THE CLOSET, AND TURNED INTO A DOVE.:laughing7:

HOMAR

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That part is not too bad.
I, too want to be sure that nobody else can find what I have protected for so many years.

I'm going to be looking for clues that need to be removed. That's about as much of a challenge as spotting new clues in the field, without the ticks and chiggers and bears.

I copied it to a flash drive, and for some reason it changed the margins setting. That was a bad dream. Fixed that last night, after three tries I got the old settings back in place.

The old clock coo will need to be completely rebuilt with finer paper.

All in due time.
No pun intended.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old clock is shaping up nicely. The news paper is shaping itself a little more each hour. My wife hates it, so I take the cooku weight off at night.

As for the book, its amazing what you can change by omitting one word, or adding one.

I have had to touch up a few photos. The notes that I put on them before I decided to make the book.

Almost half done.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I've got to say that I love it when someone says something really stupid or crazy, and my cooku clock goes off!!

My wife hates it.

As much as I hate to give credit to the manufacturing company;
Early twentieth century German engineering and craftmanship are responsible for making a clock that a knuckle head like me can diagnose and repair. It was a basket case... nine pieces out of place. It was boxed up fifty pluss years ago, after falling from a wall.
I've been adjusting the pendulum for a week and I have got it down to fifteen seconds in a twenty four hour period.

Perfect syncronicity with all of the crazy remarks.
I can't take credit for the accuracy of people saying dumb stuff.

Well worth the effort.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, the book is re-edited yet again and ready to finish the story.
Thursday p.m. , I'll get to start calling to get together with both families. In the same place for a few hours to hammer out the details...
Sooner the better.

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOWDY MIKEL,

THAT'S HILARIOUS, GOOD THING I'M NOT WITHIN HEARING DISTANCE, THAT BIRD WOULD GET A SORE THROAT.

I'LL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED, AND HOPE EVERYONE SHOWS UP FOR YOU.

YOU COULD TAKE THAT CLOCK WITH YOU, AND TELL THEM ABOUT IT'S CUCKOO DETECTING ABILITY. THAT WAY THERE WON'T BE ANY STUPID QUESTIONS.

HOMAR

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it needs to be in the livingroom.

And to the meeting too.
Thanks for the idea.

prospecter77

Sep 9, 2015
Durango , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone ! Dont Know about AK. but in NM a circle means water . The line is a direction and distance . The Z with a line, these types of symbols usually mean , some thing like i would say , go up then over something . The line in the z is where you will find your next symbol. Or at midpoint u need to look for something. Look for the look symbol , which is " a natural symbol " at midpoint hold your hands , like binoculars a look for something .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread