ugh did it again ! [bangs head against wall]

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
does anyone have any tips on how to make shure your machine stays off when ur done using it. i have a small car and my detectors have to fight for space constantly. i always leave them in because invariably as soon as i remove them i see a quick hunting opportunity and no machine.it seems as if the detector industry is in cahoots with the battery sellers.because no matter what brand ive used thru the years it always seems to get bumped on and then the battery is dead. i dont want to goto the expense of buying a hard case.which usually requires the machine to be taken down to store anyway.and the softcases ive owned help some but still same problem.i shure wish ANY manufacturer would address this problem. a power button that would need to be pushed in before it could be turned would work fine. many foreign autos have this feature in the ignition key. im gonna switch to rechargeables.i have a tesoro silver and on that one i just remove the battery each time after use.the problem is my deterctor pro has batteries in the earphones not ez to take apart and fragile looking battery leads which i do not want to stress. while im at it. SHAME ON EVERY ELECTRONICS MANF THAT MAKES THE BATTERY DOOR WITHOUT A TETHER. POPS OFF GETS LOST AND BINGO TIME FOR A NEW DEVICE. ENOUGH RANT. anyone using somekind of homemade device that prevents battery drainage ? pictures ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread