Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't speak for the Compadre but with my Tejon I set the disc just so it crackled on a pull tab, a lot of them will still sound off good, but if you circle the target it will usually crackle at some point if it is a pull tab.

F

Felinepeachy

iCandy, those pull tabs are supposed to inspire you for your next video, remember? LOL

Seriously, hang in there. I kept digging pull tabs then out of the blue I dug GOLD!! It's just around the corner girl. Or should I say, just under the next plug :laughing7:

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
iCandy, those pull tabs are supposed to inspire you for your next video, remember? LOL

Seriously, hang in there. I kept digging pull tabs then out of the blue I dug GOLD!! It's just around the corner girl. Or should I say, just under the next plug :laughing7:

I'm thinking that next video might get a little ugly....lol....ARGHHH!! Nooo girl.....no plug talk.....can't even master a stupid plug....leave a trail every hole I dig...lol...starting to think I've had a major streak of bad luck....gaa....for months now....poor pitiful me :tard:

F

Felinepeachy

Hmmmmmmmm well............................ :icon_scratch:....... How about a different spot?

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Compadre's 12khz slays small gold. You disc out tabs, you disc out what that machine does best.

I didn't bother to save it and I'm not going to hunt it down, but a water detectorist on another forum posted pics from a successful weekend hunt in a virgin location (multiple gold, tons of coins) Treasures beautifully laid out alongside a veritable mountain of pulltabs... The ratio had to be 10-1 pulltab/coin, 200-1 pulltab/jewelry, 500-1 pulltab/gold.

In order to dig the good stuff, you must dig trash. This is the point in the metal detecting hobby where 90% of newcomers give it up, since it doesn't quite live up to what they had in mind when they first bought their machine.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a beep and dig. The best disc is experience with your machine and your human brain, interpreting the signal based on all the stuff you've dug before. Disc leaves gold in the dirt.

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, it's just that our metal detectors don't give responses necessarily to the exact metals. They give responses to conductivity. If only gold were as conductive as silver (like many think, but it's not), we wouldn't be diggin pulltabs!!! I'm with ya Adrian....I have a newfound view of littering, and can't BELIEVE how many pulltabs that have been so carelessly littered all over the country!

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know on my MXT PRO pull tabs will usually give a VDI 14 to 24. If I am in a very trashy area I won't even dig pull tabs. If I am in a tot lot I will dig everything because gold rings will read as pull tabs. If I am just looking for coins then I will only dig those targets with a VDI over high 50's. If you want to find rings then you are going to have to dig those pull tab signals.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
Hmmmmmmmm well............................ :icon_scratch:....... How about a different spot?

This was my thought too. I first got into detecting in the mid 80's; did it for several years and then sort of drifted out of it. Got back into it with new equipment several years back.

During that first go around I had a friend that detected. He had a new spot but wouldn't share it. :dontknow: Anyway, he was pulling almost nothing other than pull tabs and some cans from that location. It was a local party spot for younger folks and was filled with junk. He was convinced they would loose lots of money and jewelry there but couldn't have been further from the reality.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
TIME TO SING SANTA BABY * (TO A MALE THAT LOVES YA) :wink: FOR A DELTA 4000

NO MORE I SAW DADDY KISSING SANTA CLAUS

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
You have to love pull tabs, and the one sounding machines. I first started out with an Ace 250 which has multiple sounds, and a great starter metal detector. After about a year I bought a Tesoro which is just a one sounding machine. It took me forever to get use to the dang thing. I'm not sure if you are using headphones, but if you are not get some(it saves on battery and will give you better discrepancy between beeps). I have noticed on the Tesoro even though you discriminate you will still pick up a signal, but the signal is "weak" sounding. I'm not trying to insult your intellegence, but your post had no information I could build off of so I'm just giving the basics. Your best bet would be to do a "test" with your metal detector. Get a nail, silver, scrap iron, gold, every denomination in coinage, pulltabs, and other various common crap you find everywhere. When you do this test play will your discrimination, and it should make different tones (thats why I talked about headphones). Some are longer and stronger, and some are short and weak. Your best bet is to stay out of the trashy areas so you do not get discouraged. Although, most of what you find is trash period. There is a very small percentage that you find real treasure. You have to remember that this is a hobby, not a job, not something you do because you are bored, but something that you do for fun and to get outside. You have to dig the trash to get to the good stuff!!!! DIG EVERY TAB SIGNAL ONE DAY YOU WILL HIT GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
TIME TO SING SANTA BABY * (TO A MALE THAT LOVES YA) :wink: FOR A DELTA 4000

NO MORE I SAW DADDY KISSING SANTA CLAUS

Lmao...you didn't like my version?

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont feel bad i just foud 50 of those buggers in a ground hog hole ,, your welcome to have if you want

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nsdq said:
dont feel bad i just foud 50 of those buggers in a ground hog hole ,, your welcome to have if you want

Lol...I'll pass! Thank you for you're offer....too kind (as I'm clinching my fist) hehe

F

Felinepeachy

I think folks need to start looking at pull tabs under a new light. I went to a renaissance fair once and they had knights jousting on horses. Their whole outfits were made of pull tabs, made to look just like body armor. It was really well done. I can't find any pics of that but here are some other innovative ideas LOL

4445528857_f6d91edc74_o.jpg
FC4MH3BFS1N6L3A.MEDIUM.jpg
armor-2.jpg

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Felinepeachy said:
I think folks need to start looking at pull tabs under a new light. I went to a renaissance fair once and they had knights jousting on horses. Their whole outfits were made of pull tabs, made to look just like body armor. It was really well done. I can't find any pics of that but here are some other innovative ideas LOL

That would involve spending even MORE TIME on the dang things. LMAO

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea those pull tabs are nasty. But they will be add up to $$$ save and turn them into the recycle center. I save everything that I dig up and turn it all into $$$ at the end of the year......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions