UNBELIEVABLE FIND LOOK AT THE 1795 FLOWING HAIR HALF!!!

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
Unbelievable that is the first thing that came to mind when I found out my field has been mowed...I have been waiting for this moment for months...Driving by every day!!! Well today I got the call...It has been MOWED!!!! No way I said.....Yes way dude....I am on my way!!! And that is how it all started. I met my buddy John at the field and we decided to work around the area we parked. I usually park 100 feet further up the road so I had never hit this area....My first signal.....And what a signal........Now anyone who uses a Whites XLT knows if you get a +89 signal that does not waiver....You dig very carefully....I took my time pinpointing this target....5" deep....Well After getting down 5 inches I was still hitting a strong+89......Oh boy....I am telling you people....I had goosebumps....I still do....But there was a problem.....My target was not in the center of the hole like my trusty Whites XLT told me....Nor was it 5"s deep...It was on the side of the hole...at a HALF inch!!!! OMG I scratched it.....Poor John....He must have thought I was insane...I was running across the field on a dead run.....Screaming punch me in the face...I ruined it....What he was thinking......Until I opened my hand.... And there it was.............OMG A 1795 FLOWING HAIR HALF DOLLAR!!!! Well let me tell you....I am not sure IF I scratched her or if she was hit by the plow...All I know is she was hit....A HEART BREAKING thing...I almost puked on the spot...I hope this does kill the value....I also found this button...It has a girl scout type symbol with GS on the top an some type of bird in the symbol....And this worn big time...coppa. My buddy found a 1787 NJ copper in very nice shape....I would tell you more but I really want to post this....I must go puke now...sigh... ;D

Attachments

• draped.jpg
    draped.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 6,682
  • backdraped.jpg
    backdraped.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 6,958
  • edge.jpg
    edge.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 6,268
  • button.jpg
    button.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 6,219
  • coppa.jpg
    coppa.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 6,179
Upvote 1
Re: UNBELIEVABLE FIND UNBELIEVABLE DAY LOOK AT THE FLOWING HAIR!!!

I would say from the look of it,the scratch was already there.I find that when you scratch
silver,the new scratch looks really shiny.
EXCELLENT FIND!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

Holy Crap! A find of a lifetime!

Mintage: 160,295
Description G 8 F VF40 MS55

1795 3 Leaves: 1400 2000 4000 7200

1795 2 Leaves: 1400 2200 4900 8500

DigginItUp said:
Holy Crap! A find of a lifetime!

Mintage: 160,295
Description G 8 F VF40 MS55

1795 3 Leaves: 1400 2000 4000 7200

1795 2 Leaves: 1400 2200 4900 8500
You think this would be considered good? Or worse?

Holy sh*t! That is a find of a lifetime! You really should be on the banner in 10 more seconds. UNBELIEVABLE!

That sucks you decked her though. It doesn't matter...you found FlOWING HAIR WILVER!

i agree it looks like an old scratch,nice find kevin!!!!

Holy crap! This deserves another post by myself. I am happy for you, dude!

What kind of site is this?

WOOOOW! :o

At least FINE condition! Most hair details still show and full rim.

Sweet!

I can't stop posting. I am soooo thrilled for you, dude! I wish I could shake your hand now! Maybe give you a kiss, too. :-* :D

KirkPA said:
Holy crap! This deserves another post by myself. I am happy for you, dude!

What kind of site is this?

WOOOOW! :o
It is a field....Just a big open field....Where I find all my coppers.... ;D

Somebody, slap me...I am giddy over Flowing wilver! :D FLOWING WILVER DOLLAR!

You kick some but-tocks!

You rock, dude!

You rock, bud!

You just frickin' rock, wilver dollar digger upper dude of the Flowing Hair variety!

KirkPA said:
Somebody, slap me...I am giddy over Flowing wilver! :D FLOWING WILVER DOLLAR!

You kick some but-tocks!

You rock, dude!

You rock, bud!

You just frickin' rock, wilver dollar digger upper dude of the Flowing Hair variety!
LMAO...Dude...I could not stop shaking when I found her....I am still in disbelief. This is my all time best find EVER.

The scratch I am talking about is on the back under the eagle by the rim....It looks really bad.

Dude, I am bowing to your detecting skills at this moment. Draped wilver is hard to find, let alone Flowing Hair!

I wish you many more Flowing Hairs! Hmmm....maybe the Chain cent is next. :D

Congrats on a trully excellent find! The front scratches look quite old, on the reverse center bottom it looks like it got clipped by a digger but you know it is what it is, puke if you want I would but it takes nothing away from making such a great find. How many of these dollars have been dug in the last 7 years? This is the first I have ever seen posted!

KirkPA said:
Dude, I am bowing to your detecting skills at this moment. Draped wilver is hard to find, let alone Flowing Hair!

I wish you many more Flowing Hairs! Hmmm....maybe the Chain cent is next. :D
I had NO idea this would be on this site....I was just plain dumbfounded when I saw what it was.

Charles (Upstate NY) said:
Congrats on a trully excellent find! The front scratches look quite old, on the reverse center bottom it looks like it got clipped by a digger but you know it is what it is, puke if you want I would but it takes nothing away from making such a great find. How many of these dollars have been dug in the last 7 years? This is the first I have ever seen posted!
Thanks Charles...I was just saying that to my wife...I have never even heard of one being dug.

Dude, you keep on rockin'!

I'm found a rare coppa, while you found a rare wilver!

BANNER fo sho! hahaha

Banner for sure!

KirkPA said:
Dude, you keep on rockin'!

I'm found a rare coppa, while you found a rare wilver!

BANNER fo sho! hahaha

Banner for sure!
Thanks bro...You sure know how to keep me pumped up..lol. I am thinking about heading back down there right now...lol. I am so thrilled....Oh Nickel_buff's 1787 NJ copper is pretty sweet also.

Oh, I forgot, you swing one of the best detectors on the market: WHITE'S!

I dont never think I ever saw no one who swung a Minelab find a wilver Flowing! NO WAY!

*Just pulling your strings Minelabers! :-* :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back