Under the Garages we go! Not much but we had fun!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Been awhile since Don and I had a chance to get out and dig some privies. We have had a string of bad luck on what we have been able to dig so we figured we would get back into the game and try to score. I would not call these pits as scoring by any stretch but I thought I would post these just to give an idea to those who want to dig pits of the extremes that we will go to to find glass. We have been struggling a bit to even find pits because of the crazy hard ground as the drought continues here. So we figured we would poke under some garage pads to see what we could find. Well we found a couple and one right next to a garage. :thumbsup:

So down we went into the depths to see if we would turn the corner on 1900. The first pit we did dated to the 1890's. Not much to be had but it was fairly loaded with glass. A blood purifier, some local meds, and a cool little decanter in the shape of an upside down shield. Not too much but it was something at least. Check out all the seeds in this pit on top of the plate.:headbang: Thats always a good sign to us. It went around 6 feet deep or so. But it fizzled out so we tried another. The second pit was in front of a garage and dated to the 1890's as well. Don scored a cool little privy lamp. Some other area meds and of course the usual Dr. Kings. It was only around 4 feet deep so we thought there would be another one close by. So we probed some more and found another one under and on the side of the same garage. It felt too darn soft to be anything but an ABM pit but it was fairly deep. Sure enough it had ABM milks and sodas and the awful ketchup bottles.:tongue3: But it was fun either way. You can see in the pics the layering and the edges of the pit that are clearly the walls. So to all you up and coming privy diggers, don't be afraid to go down under the garage pads to find pits. There has got be a million of them covered up by the 1950's cement:icon_thumright: So we move on next time to see what we can uncover. Got two more properties to check out. So here's to slinging some dirt and finding treasure!:hello: Goodluck and be safe out there everybody! jgas

Attachments

• S1.jpg
    S1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 108
  • S2.jpg
    S2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 110
  • S3.jpg
    S3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 131
  • S4.jpg
    S4.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 126
  • S5.jpg
    S5.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 123
  • S6.jpg
    S6.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 127
  • S7.jpg
    S7.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 132
  • S8.jpg
    S8.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 127
  • S9.jpg
    S9.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 120
  • S10.jpg
    S10.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 115
  • S11.jpg
    S11.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 127
  • S12.jpg
    S12.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 135
  • S13.jpg
    S13.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 119
  • S14.jpg
    S14.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 126
  • S15.jpg
    S15.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 133
  • S16.jpg
    S16.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 116
  • S17.jpg
    S17.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 117
  • S18.jpg
    S18.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 3

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you guys had some fun digging! Nice looking bottles!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just amazing to me the goodies you two find! Lisa and I were talking about privy digging just yesterday. I really don't think we could move all that dirt in a single day. hahahaha!

I am envious to say the least. ;)

Nana

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
I can't get over all the hard work you do to get those bottles. It worth it in the end.

White Akuma

May 2, 2012
Dolly Sods, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
ATGOLD!!
xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice group of bottles! Been thinking of trying to do some privy digging in the future, but been getting most of mine above ground in some old places overlooked before they started enforcing the dump laws in the backwoods. Still, haven't found anything as nice as that blood bottle though.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gas !!! Glad to see you are in the dirt. That little decanter is bad a@@ !!!!,,, I want one !!!!! Keep those shovels dirty 8-)

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P.S. I know the "Pinkhams" are extremely common,but I have never found the blood purifier out here,only the vegetable compound.

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Thanks for the replies everyone, Hey Pikes that is the first Blood Purifier one that we have found whole! That little decanter thing just might have been the find of the day out of these pits. Thanks again for all the nice replies and we will be back at it again soon! jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread