Underwater find in Central Florida

cassbiz

Feb 17, 2007
Schmölln, Germany
Detector(s) used
OKM, Whites, JW Fisher, Mala
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The group I go out with have been camped on this site for a while. We used the OKM Rover C and Grail Finder to locate the object and then verified it's presence with the Bionic 01.

Nevertheless, we started drilling to get a camera on the object. After about a month of drilling, weekends only, we hit a void. We assembled some underwater cameras and this is what we are looking at.

Of course the color camera didn't want to work so at this moment we only have a B&W.

We still have to get it out of the water. It is nestled between two boulders and without anyone getting hurt we are, needless to say, very excited.

The video was taken 10/31/2009 so it is 6 days old.

Upvote 0

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is it? Hard to tell in the video?

OP
OP
cassbiz

cassbiz

Feb 17, 2007
Schmölln, Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will know much more once we get a color camera on it. This thing is in between two boulders and it appears to be a box of sort. Hopefully this weekend we will be able to tell for sure.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well at - 9 meters-- about 27 / 30 feet deep in a "aquaifer" ( ie underground fresh water river) it appears to be a man made object --I see what to me appears to be a straight side edge and a corner end with a edge along it ( nature as a general rule does not make straight lines and edges ) --it looks sort of like a chest type object --size of course is hard to judge since their nothing to scale it off of.-- very interesting

Weddle546

Oct 27, 2009
White Mountains, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Ancient coinmaster
Well obviously it is either a part of a ufo or jimmy hoffa in a box. ha ha . What do mean you had to drill into a void? If it is a treasure chest or box it would be very exciting, but whatever it is would be cool anyway. Gotta love seeing what gets pulled out of the ocean. Keep us posted and be safe! :headbang:

radiopilot

Oct 11, 2006
Looks to me like an old rocket casing component ( rockets at NASA at the Cape back in the early days blew up a lot and many components were scattered throughout), if you look at the bottom in the video at what looks like the rim, it's circular and the rim is typical of the 'stages' where two stages of the rocket mount together... just a hunch since I work with rockets/missiles... very interesting find and would be interesting to see some scale in relation. Does not look like a chest though...

OP
OP
cassbiz

cassbiz

Feb 17, 2007
Schmölln, Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weddle546 said:
Well obviously it is either a part of a ufo or jimmy hoffa in a box. ha ha . What do mean you had to drill into a void? If it is a treasure chest or box it would be very exciting, but whatever it is would be cool anyway. Gotta love seeing what gets pulled out of the ocean. Keep us posted and be safe! :headbang:

That must be it. Jimmy Hoffa in a box. :tongue3: We drilled down until we hit the void. We used the Rover C to detect it and then we detected the void. Persistance. Looking forward to get a positive ID.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
cool I have no idea, all the trash in here in Florida from the military, goverment, and other sources it could be anything. good luck getting it up and seeing :icon_thumleft:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How far to the nearest aquifer entry point above ground (ie-sinkhole or spring etc.)? This was located over land and you drilled down through to the aquifer correct? :dontknow:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scary, I hope its gold and not a body.... Can't wait to see what it is !! :icon_scratch:

Keep @ it and HH!! :D ;D

OP
OP
cassbiz

cassbiz

Feb 17, 2007
Schmölln, Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We already have a hole leading down to the aquifer. The target is located in between two boulders of mammoth size.

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know where everyone is seeing a straight line. The line, the main one is curved.

I don't know the scale of what we are looking at, could be the size of a deck of cards or the size of a house.

This is my interpretation of what I see. It is a flat bottom skiff or jon boat. The clear north/south line is curved, it is the edge or chine of the bottom. The fainter lines east/west are the bottom planking, they lie athwart-ship. A little nautical lingo there!

The world waits to find out. Wonder if I can get odds on my analysis?

peanut

Apr 19, 2009
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are those polyp's that I see or some sort of diverticulitis? :laughing9:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What were you looking for when you found this?

OP
OP
cassbiz

cassbiz

Feb 17, 2007
Schmölln, Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are looking in an area where there was confirmed tall ship traffic. This is right near an old outpost.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious The George said:
I don't know the scale of what we are looking at, could be the size of a deck of cards or the size of a house.
I was curious about this same thing. What say you cassbiz? Can you give us a reference as to size? I believe the film mentioned a 2in core hole?Also what do you make of the images shown from 3min 38 seconds to around 3 min 42 seconds into the film. Almost looks like a wooden pallet. :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread