Unknown Vintage Eagle medal and unknown army large pin ,Help

robshellbrook

Feb 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
004.JPG 003.JPG 002.JPG 001.JPG
The golden medal looks to be French measuring slightly over 1 1/4 of a inch and is little heavy .The enamel color pin is large British but I wasn't able to determine the age or who and why was given to, this one is measuring 2 1/4 of a inch . Thanks in advance ,ROB

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The enamelled brooch looks early 1900s to me, maybe just post WWI

Upvote 0

CreakyKnees

Dec 22, 2015
Alexandria, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Honi soit qui mal y pense" is the motto of the British Order of the Garter, and it also appears on the seal of the monarchy. Hope that helps you do more research. I agree that the medal looks like its French. The sequence of the colors on the suspension ribbon for the medal are the same as the French Tricolor, and the eagle does look like some kind of post revolution design.

Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could the eagle medal be a gymnastics medal? If you look to the left of the eagle there appears to be a vintage vault horse, albeit a little crude in depiction.

And, behind the pommel horse is a set of parallel bars. I think something like this has been posted here in the past. The blank space on the back may have been inscribed with the award winners name, event and date. obviously it is blank so the award may have been given and never inscribed or it may not have even been given out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread