Update...Find Of A Lifetime!!!!!! 1792 Half Disme!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Find Of A Lifetime!!!!!! 1792 Half Disme!

Skrimpy said:
Baron Von De Kalb said:
i wouldnt say anymore then what he said at this point
he would be a fool to "show his cards" to anyone
protect him and his family

I would press the moderators of this forum to enact a privacy policy as stringent as confession at the catholic church. If not, very soon the tax man is going to show up at his door asking for 50% of the value or the coin if he can't come up with it. Seal the lips until you get to Christie's to sell.

He won't need to pay taxes, unless he sells.

as for more Pics.

Maby he's saving them for the Magazine article.

mxtswinger

Jul 27, 2006
Northeast KY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT's Goldscan 5 PI

YOU DA MAN !!!

I'm sick with envy, but CONGRATS anyway. I'll just ditto what others said about staying away from Ebay. You have a national treasure for sure. Smart move also, to deprive us of detailed pics. If we can't grade it then neither can the IRS ;).

YOU DA MAN !!!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Skrimpy said:
Baron Von De Kalb said:

I would press the moderators of this forum to enact a privacy policy as stringent as confession at the catholic church. If not, very soon the tax man is going to show up at his door asking for 50% of the value or the coin if he can't come up with it. Seal the lips until you get to Christie's to sell.
lmao SORRY *SNICKER*

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

WOW...That is Great! You can retire off that sucker!!

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

Baron Von De Kalb said:
Skrimpy said:
Baron Von De Kalb said:

lmao SORRY *SNICKER*
Well Baron, you know what I mean. As stringent as you see in the movies. You need to have a little suspension of disbelief to go looking for treasure in the first place. How often does someone actually dig something like this up without being part of some holier than thou archeology or local history project? Not very often. Then when they do, there are groups that try to swoop in and take it saying the finder doesn't have a right to it. SO...like you (and I) have said, as much as we want him to post a better pic, it would be to his benefit to not say another word until that thing gets to Christies. Then post the story/pics online and in W&ET.

Leebo in SC

Jul 4, 2006
Upstate SC
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Amazing find. Congratulations. ;D ;D ;D ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Skrimpy said:
Baron Von De Kalb said:
Skrimpy said:
Baron Von De Kalb said:

lmao SORRY *SNICKER*
Well Baron, you know what I mean. As stringent as you see in the movies. You need to have a little suspension of disbelief to go looking for treasure in the first place. How often does someone actually dig something like this up without being part of some holier than thou archeology or local history project? Not very often. Then when they do, there are groups that try to swoop in and take it saying the finder doesn't have a right to it. SO...like you (and I) have said, as much as we want him to post a better pic, it would be to his benefit to not say another word until that thing gets to Christies. Then post the story/pics online and in W&ET.
;) level heads prevail

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Absolutely Amazing!!!!!......The find of three liftime's.....Congratulation's!!!

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Anyone ever heard the song "Feels like someones always watching me". I belive it was on the twilight zone. Little did they know who they were really refering to!

-CC

KOC

Aug 20, 2006

WOW :o that is definatly a find of a lifetime it will be very tough to top that.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on making the Nov. 27th issue of Coin World. When your finds are being written up in numismatic newspapers, you know you've found something valuable and historically significant.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

What can I say that no one else has already? Wow ;D One is a lifetime find for sure!

I think that we haven't heard back from Mark in VA cause he took his whole family to his new island in the Carribean. ;D

Wow!

cajunmiss

Dec 2, 2006
SE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
NEW Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett GTI 1500 (board is out)

Just read your post for the 1st time...HOLY FRIGGIN' COW!

Seriously, would love to pat your back on that one. Congratulations! How sweet it must be to have such a piece of history in your possesion. Good for you to be blessed to be honored in such a way.

Hats off to ya!
Cajunmiss

MikeTN

Feb 19, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT

:o Man oh Man! :o Tell me this wasn't worth the price of a metal detector! Shoot it payed for the car he drove there in! It's finds like this that keeps us going! ;D

And I TRULEY hope he finds another one in his honey hole! ;)

A BIG CONGRATS to you my friend! And THANK YOU sooooo very much for share'n your good fortune with us here! ;D

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread