Update...Find Of A Lifetime!!!!!! 1792 Half Disme!

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Thanks Jeff for the update,
I can understand why we haven't heard from Marc.

But it sure is good to hear the rest of the story.
Kind of gives you the itch doesn't it?

Thom

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Another find of a lifetime, however not as great as this one was found by one of our club members here in S.E. Michigan. He was hunting at the lower end of an old toboggan run and dug up a beautiful 1909-SVDB Lincoln Cent. It is in awesome condition! You can see it at; http://www.greatlakesmetaldetecting.com website. The name of our club is Michigan Treasure Hunters, and have been in existence since 1974 or '75. I have been in this fine club since 1976. BTW, the best thing I ever found were awesome friends. You have made more than the find of a lifetime, you have more friends than anyone could ever hope for.... Congratulations!

Formula1BMW

May 29, 2008
Montgomery, AL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Whoa, Thomas Jefferson carried that. It's cool to think you really went back in time and held a genuine piece of the beginning of the United States of America!!! YES!!!

SPORTSTER

Nov 26, 2007
MARC...THANKS FOR FINDING IT.. I WASN'T SURE EXACTLY WERE I DROP THAT DIME. LOL VERY HISTORIC FIND FOR THE USA.

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Wow Marc! Nice Find! My guess is you are a firm believer in your Explorer! I just keep thinking about the guys that dug the other holes where you found it. Nicely Done! Congrats again.
Mark

Is this thing on?

Jul 26, 2008
If it were anyone else, we'd have the misfortune of making a taco of the coin with a shovel during recovery.

I bid you a belated NICE FIND!!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
I was just reading a book about the 100 greatest us coins and this is # 18 and I knew I had seen it somewhere so i looked for it on treasurenet and here it is! great find, that really gives the rest of us hope that some extremely rare coins are still out there to be found.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice coin:hello2:

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to bring this post back up! I wasn't on TNET then, but was searching google for half dismes found and this is the only one I've seen so far!

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had to bring this post back up! I wasn't on TNET then, but was searching google for half dismes found and this is the only one I've seen so far!

Did you search for half disme? Or, half dime? Not real uncommon coins.

BennyBacon

May 31, 2015
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish I found that! Amazing find! Congrats to you.

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy Crappola!!!!!! More than 8 years after the fact this is, without a doubt, still the greatest MD discovery I've ever read about.

BlackX

Oct 7, 2006
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Explorer / Sovereign / Sidewinder
Wow!

Just wow! I know it's old but it's worth bumping. What a find! I've been on here a while now but I guess I never went through the Best of TNet listings periodically before.

wow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread