UPDATED: HES HOME: Noodles A$$ Dan in hospital

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Re: Noodle's A$$ Dan in hospital

Noodle I'm awfully sorry to hear all of this. i know i have never met you or your a$$ in person, but you will both be in my prayers. I'm wishing you both the best! ;)

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Well, they seem to think he may be past the most dangerous point. I did some backstage checking at the nurses' station. Tonight he'll get a BIG dose of coumadin (sp?). Blood's still too thick. And there are multiple clots in both lungs. Puzzles them at this point.

He had company when I got there this afternoon, so his mood is up right now. And he's anticipating that FIDDLE that I'm supposed to bring him in the morning. And this laptop. Darn, I'm losing it for a couple of days. He said I could have it back this weekend ... he'll be watching football. :)

I thought of something on the way home. Tucked inside the fiddle case are two nose flutes. .... :o That hospital might be rockin' by the time I get back in the afternoon. ::)

Am gonna take a hot bath and get some relaxed shuteye. Ya'll are all great guys and gals. Later. -Noodle

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

Spelling is correct. They just don't have him thin enough yet. I hate to ask but what kind of hospital is this? Does it have a Pulmonologist? If not he may need one.

Hang in there and be sure and get some rest. We don't need you in the hospital too.

Call me anytime, I mean it.

ME22

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OH Noodle! :-\ I sure hope Dan recovers quickly! I know you two are so tired after this long trip, so try and get some rest.

Sending my love and prayers.

Nana :)

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri

Hey Noodle.....
I am sorry to hear that Dan is in the hospital, but glad to hear that he is doing better. My prayers are there for you two......one other thing, in an earlier post you said something about giving up smoking and although its only been about a month for me, I quit with a doctor perscribed pill (chantix).
This is some great stuff ( I think ). I took the pills for 3 out of the 4 weeks worth and still have no desire for a smoke and plan to keep it that way. Best of luck to you and Dan.....tell him I said Howdy.

Take care
gregd573

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

Noodle,
I'm so sorry you've had such a scare!
thoughts and prayers for Dan + yourself.
Hang in there.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's wonderful news that he's doing better! And with that knowledge you will get to have a much need and more relaxed rest yourself tonight.
I think its great that they are going to let him have his music, and with his playing, the whole hospital will either be rockin, or in total relaxation, depending on what he plays.
My love to both and I pray he'll be home real soon.

Evy

;D :-* :D

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

UPDATE: Dan's a sick puppy. They got his blood thinned out, so the clots should be dissolving and no new ones coming along. Has blood in his urine now, maybe a byproduct of all the blood thinners. Not sure, because he's running a fever. Good news is, they did heart tests and there is no problem there.

I got home last night and friends had brought over mowers and mowed my 3-acre yard, fed the chickens and ducks, gathered the eggs, washed them, and put them away. Oh, and repaired the water pump.

Reminded me of you guys! Keep us on your prayer lists, please! I go to the hospital in the mornings, stay until he's comfortable with my leaving, go to work and get the necessary things done, go back to the hospital until almost dark, then home to get some rest. Our suitcase is still packed from the hunt. ::) The weekend should be more relaxing. I'll take a good book to the hospital with me. :)

Noodle

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

Hang in ther Noodle

The worst place to go if you aren't sick is the hospital. Don't get too excited about the urine just yet. When they anticoagulate someone they tend to overshoot the target and then have to adjust back down. A little blood in the urine is normal after rapid and heavy anticoagulation. Let everything settle down for a day or so and see how it goes. The fever is actually a "normal" thing. Usually about 40-50% of patients develop a temperature anywhere from 72 hours on from the initial onset of the problem. Also after about the fourth day it is not uncommon for the patient to exhibit signs of pneumonia. He is still not out of the woods yet but I am sure they are doing everything he needs to have done. Please tell him I said hello and to behave. If you need me you have my numbers.

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Noodle, you are both still in my thoughts and prayers. Give Dan a hug for me, and give yourself one too. We're rootin' for you both.

yours,
Nan

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

hang in there Noodle. we are all pulling for you. ;) dont forget to take care of yourself during all of this. it can be easy to forget that you are running yourself down.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

Noodle
been out of it for a little while. I just read about Dan, have faith, he will get better, He has the pros looking after him (like ME), just don't forget to take of yourself, God bless

nana40hubby

Jan 16, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nana40

Tell Dan that Charlie is praying for him. I wouldn't want to have to send Warsawdaddy down there to get one of those nurses to contribute a garter or something. Tell Dan to get well soon & you take care of yourself.

God bless!
Charlie

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

nana40hubby said:
Tell Dan that Charlie is praying for him. I wouldn't want to have to send Warsawdaddy down there to get one of those nurses to contribute a garter or something. Tell Dan to get well soon & you take care of yourself.

God bless!
Charlie

I hope this doesn't mean that ME22 wears garters too? I didn't know Dan made that fiddle himself.I can see why he's so proud of it.Have they had a hoe-down there yet? You guys are still in my thoughts and prayers,Noodle.Take care and keep us updated.We care!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

Just found out about Dan. My prayers are with him for a quick and speedy recovery. Sounds like they are doing a lot to him. MasterEagle22 is right on the money. Will keep in our prayers. Please keep us updated.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

So glad you posted and have been keeping us updated as to what is going on! What an incredible strong woman you are and you have lots of support from your t-net family and good advice as well from the looks of it. Keep us updated and know that you are well loved! ~hugsnprayers~ Cyndi

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Dan says WSD can stay put; this down here is HIS territory! ;) ;D Thar's not enuf garters to go around for two, he said! ;D

Ok, things are LOOKIN' UP!!! He's bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this morning! However, he may be regressing somewhat. They put him in Peds!! He's been walking the halls, ducking the ghosts and goblins and spiders that are suspended from the ceilings, but he drew the line at putting his hands in the candy bowl, which is empty except for two black widows. :o Oh, yes, I walked down the hall to his room this morning to the lyrical melody of Amazing Grace on a violin. :D :D Things are getting back to normal at last.

Thanks, everyone, for your phone calls, prayers, cards, and support. Looks like he's going to pull through this one and be out in 3-4 days. Still trying to get his blood stabilized, but that just takes time. -Noodle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread