UPDATED PIC: 1902 Barber Dime! My First & Bonus!

Indiana Digger

Oct 13, 2010
E.C. Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II SL90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATED PIC: 1902 Barber Dime! My First & Bonus!

Hi everyone,

Yesterday after a day of digging ok finds, I started to wonder why the Silver Gods had forgotten about lil ole me! My last (and first) silver find was a Merc dime about a month ago. Today, the Silver Gods have smiled on me once again.

1902barberdime.jpg

This 1902 Barber Dime is in wonderful condition. It was found about three inches deep with a VDI of 80.

This is only the second silver coin I've found...and it's the oldest.

Modified: Here's a close-up, clearer pic -

1902barberdime2.jpg

Here's the bonus - It was found on the front lawn of the home that has housed four generations of my family. There's a pretty decent chance that my Great Grandfather...or even my Great Great Grandfather carried this coin! I've been researching the family history for about 30 years, so this coin is extra-extra special!

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!

~Indiana Digger~

Upvote 0
Re: 1902 Barber Dime! My First & Bonus!

Really gorgeous, Indi....super find!

congrats on a nice 1st oldie :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Wow, way to go Indiana. How weird that yours is a 1902 and the one I got yesterday probably within 12 miles or so of you was a 1901. It was my only coin for five hours in the soybeans. Good job.

HH, Don

that's really something...imagine if that coin returned to your family after 100 years...cool. Love Barber, hope it's the first of many.

very sweet coin and possible link to your family. You were meant to hold that coin :hello2:

Re: UPDATED PIC: 1902 Barber Dime! My First & Bonus!

Killer Coin!..With the History of the House you should have it made into a pendent....Its in Very Nice Shape..Keep it up

Hey, way to go. A keepsake you will always enjoy!

The find is great, the story is even better. Love the way silver looks sitting in the dirt. Congratulations.

Congrats on the silver...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back