Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea just got it in today.. hoping for a clear weekend to try it out. I've had two other whites this is my third so high hopes

It's a great machine. Take the time to learn it and it will really produce. White's has a great forum on the V3i and you can get a lot of great info on there. There is also an unofficial advanced manual that someone made that is pretty useful. Good luck!

OP
OP
C

Cole55

Dec 29, 2015
Chester county, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites spectrum XLT/ XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks. Yea there is a lot of things you can do with the machine. Makes it exciting to get going

OP
OP
C

Cole55

Dec 29, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got it take it out of the box and trying to balance it goes nuts like after I balance it just runs through sounds and pictures like when you get close to a power line. The person I know that has one I took it to their property and it does the same they didn't know either. Do you have any clue. Most likely I will send it back something is wrong

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Run the sensitivity around 6 to 8 and see what happens. Try a different coil if you have one to eliminate that. Are you running the factory coin program? Don't try to change anything from the factory program until your sure the machine is running correctly.

OP
OP
C

Cole55

Dec 29, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea something was wrong. I took it to my old man's house who has one and compared the sounds. Mine was just going nuts so I got a new one coming. Didn't change anything just ran factory settings

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now I have an whites XLT. I was thinking about the V3i. My father has one and I only played maybe twice with it. We have always had whites. Was wondering if I'm missing out on others..minelab or garrett? Or is whites still the top one

If you do fresh water hunting, lake, streams, ponds.
The Garrett AT-Pro is the way to go
any questions, call me
dennis

Metal Detectors - View Blog

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread