Vacation from work ,detecting with my kids , finding silver. A great day !

martinguitar

Feb 28, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took 3 hours of vacation from work this afternoon to get in a little detecting.
First place I hit was a older homesite littered with junk . I was just about to give up when I got a real iffy signal at 6" . I dug down and low and behold a 1942 Washington almost on edge. This was my first silver with my MXT Pro . I headed home and by that time my kids were home from school and wanted to detect. So we loaded up and headed back to another homesite just down the road from my silver find.
I got a zinc signal at 4" and was expecting a Lincoln. My son located it with the pointer and said it was an Indian , my comment was "yeah right let me see it". To my suprise sure enough it was just what he said it was a 1909 Indian Cent another first for me.

A pretty good day .

Upvote 0

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds, and what a great way to spend time with the family.

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took 3 hours of vacation from work this afternoon to get in a little detecting.
First place I hit was a older homesite littered with junk . I was just about to give up when I got a real iffy signal at 6" . I dug down and low and behold a 1942 Washington almost on edge. This was my first silver with my MXT Pro . I headed home and by that time my kids were home from school and wanted to detect. So we loaded up and headed back to another homesite just down the road from my silver find.
I got a zinc signal at 4" and was expecting a Lincoln. My son located it with the pointer and said it was an Indian , my comment was "yeah right let me see it". To my suprise sure enough it was just what he said it was a 1909 Indian Cent another first for me.

A pretty good day .

How much do you know about coins? Does the Indian happen to be an 'S'?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it wasn't for family and friends, finding special targets just wouldn't mean a thing! Nice. TTC

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Post some pics...

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely fun with the kids. My daughter (12) and son (7) went to a park today for one hour and dug 15 coins. Only three or four holes were trash. I was digging like crazy trying to keep up with two MDs. Cherished days even if it was all clad. Oldest was a 1967 penny.

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
martinguitar said:

A pretty good day .

That's a great day out with the kids and great finds!!! Good stuff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions