Vacation starts longer hunt 225 coins

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Well I was able to start my vacation knocking one of my two last goals out....another 200 coin day. This was shared between a tot lot and the dirt.... Other goal while on vacation at least 5 wheaties...got one today a 36 wheatie...
Spending vacation doing some painting and knocking a large dent in the reminder to get me to 10,000. I had today planned to find 200....even had a break and ate.

Attachments

• september 10th 225 coins before sorting 36 wheatie.jpg
    september 10th 225 coins before sorting 36 wheatie.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 643
  • september 10th 225 coins.jpg
    september 10th 225 coins.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 641
Upvote 0

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice ! i see 10,000 in your future goodluck ;)

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shoot fire man...15000 is in the stars..I know you are feeling a bit tired about now...HH Greg

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Gregg, holy crap, 153 - give or take a few- were Memorial pennies. You are dedicated to get 10,000 no matter what you dig.

Good luck to 10,000!

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
KirkPA said:
Gregg, holy crap, 153 - give or take a few- were Memorial pennies. You are dedicated to get 10,000 no matter what you dig.

Good luck to 10,000!

Hey you are close Kirk...158...but odd thing...one of the cents came up like a memorial...but was a 36 wheatie made 159... :D...strange...started getting a few readings off...realized connection was loose after I stopped for lunch...the 44 dimes did help though...

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
SC_hunter said:
Shoot fire man...15000 is in the stars..I know you are feeling a bit tired about now...HH Greg

No no no... :D :D :D once I hit 10,000...I am cutting back my hunts for year....I have 18 days off for vacation right now...going to put a major dent in the road to 10,000 so I can get there hopefully by early/mid November...I planned this hunt today to find 200 and the pennies saved me...but 15,000<<<<no way... ;D

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Nice finds Gregg, lots of hard digging getting to 200. Pennies or not thats alot of bending down!! Congrats!!

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
KirkPA said:
How much money do you in clad this year? What are you going to purchase with it? Sunray probe?

Not as much as Jack (one post above yours)... ;D I am at $492.94...I need a rock tumbler...maybe a smaller pinpointer...have the automax v4 gigantic! :D <<<18-19 inches...yes a Sunray probe might be in my stocking...man my left knee hurts...have to suck it up...doctors office tomorrow...means a nice park a few blocks from there...but the soreness means a shorter hunt... ;)

doozis

Jul 31, 2007
Virginia
Awesome :)
You are absolutely ROCKIN' !!!!
the way you're goin , ya might have to watch out for the IRS ;D

Keep swingin and keep us posted !

Doozis

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Way to go Gregg, keep hitting those penny patches and that goal will come sooner than you think. Don't ya just wish you could hit quarter patches every once and awhile? I know they are out there somewhere.

Tinman

Jul 5, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, 9" Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know what to say Gregg... Maybe you better get yourself a night deposit bag bro. Great job :)

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
225 coins :o :o.......no wonder you got sore knees :P
At this rate of coin gathering, you won't have many hunts to make it to 10,000......

GO GREGG-- GO GREGG--- GO GREGG--- GO GREGG---GO GREGG !!!!!!!!!

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
That right there is hard work buddy, and a great clad haul. Good to see you have some extra time to secure the goal. Everytime I see these posts, it wets my appetite to go out on a major clad recovery mission and rake in some dough.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Hey Gregg,

Keep on pushing...you will get there...dang on your VACA too...HIGH FIVE

It is a shame we have a certain "clad slammer"...

In Buckleboys post of things to watch out for on TNET...the clad slammer says "CLAD HUNTERS"

And it is obvious he is slammin you...to hell with him...

My friend YOU ARE THE KING OF CLAD....

Nick

You know the way I look at it...I take what the ground gives me....I am no expert on recovering silver coins...only have 8 for the year. But I am happy with the 19 silver and gold rings i have found to go along with several other pieces of silver jewelry. The comment if directed at me...like everything else is ignored...I think by the end of the year I will have over $600 in clad easily...and my detector paid for itself very easily within six months...I have met all my goals except one...that is the 10,000 coin goal...which is next... ;)

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Ricardo_NY1 said:
That right there is hard work buddy, and a great clad haul. Good to see you have some extra time to secure the goal. Everytime I see these posts, it wets my appetite to go out on a major clad recovery mission and rake in some dough.

Hey you know how it is...hopefully we motivate each other...does your new detector have a rechargable battery pack. I have 2 and rotate seems to be the best plan.. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread