Vacation starts longer hunt 225 coins

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Well I was able to start my vacation knocking one of my two last goals out....another 200 coin day. This was shared between a tot lot and the dirt.... Other goal while on vacation at least 5 wheaties...got one today a 36 wheatie...
Spending vacation doing some painting and knocking a large dent in the reminder to get me to 10,000. I had today planned to find 200....even had a break and ate.

Attachments

• september 10th 225 coins before sorting 36 wheatie.jpg
    september 10th 225 coins before sorting 36 wheatie.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 643
  • september 10th 225 coins.jpg
    september 10th 225 coins.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 641
Upvote 0
OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Boobydoo said:
I hope on your next hunt you hit a penny scramble area or one of those bowl shaped play things like I found on my contest weekend in July where I pulled 130 coins in 20 minutes so you can a huge dent in the 10,000 goal. WTG on the 200 plus day. Keep working it, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

Man I was cross eyed with pennies yesterday (159). Today after the doctor I ignored most of the penny signals...only had a few hours to hunt. This is the park in the rich area I hunt...absolutely no garbage...which allows me to open up the detector and get to those deeper signals...did hit a ton of quarters today...but no silver...will post a pic of todays hunt soon..eating lunch... :D

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
DFX-Gregg said:
Hey you know how it is...hopefully we motivate each other...does your new detector have a recharagle battery pack. I have 2 and rotate seems to be the best plan.. :)

It does Gregg........I'm a slacker in certain ways and have not gotten to following the little procedure for charging and discharging the pack after it hasn't been used in a while, so I've been hunting with the alkaline pack. Remember the fair grounds I mentioned Gregg? That is where I have my mind set for an all clad day.........I'm going to do it with the 250 buddy.........much lighter and more efficient for that task.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Ricardo_NY1 said:
DFX-Gregg said:
Hey you know how it is...hopefully we motivate each other...does your new detector have a recharagle battery pack. I have 2 and rotate seems to be the best plan.. :)

It does Gregg........I'm a slacker in certain ways and have not gotten to following the little procedure for charging and discharging the pack after it hasn't been used in a while, so I've been hunting with the alkaline pack. Remember the fair grounds I mentioned Gregg? That is where I have my mind set for an all clad day.........I'm going to do it with the 250 buddy.........much lighter and more efficient for that task.

Really you are not goin to use the Minelab...this 200 coin day was not exactly what I had in mind... ::) Expected the clad total would be a lot higher...but I got it out of the way now back to my 60 to 100 coin days...much easier and shorter... :) Good luck with your hunt in the fairgrounds... :)

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Greg $500 in clad is quite an accomplishment. Heck I'm surprised only your knee hurts. If they passed out trophies for this hobby, you would be getting one this year.
Best of luck
Muleskinner

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
muleskinner said:
Greg $500 in clad is quite an accomplishment. Heck I'm surprised only your knee hurts. If they passed out trophies for this hobby, you would be getting one this year.
Best of luck
Muleskinner

Thanks...I am lucky that I can hunt on way home from work in morning, get off at 8am. Just started a 18 day vacation, this 200 coin day was planned and I wanted to get it out of the way...but the pennies were a nightmare! Glad the 36 wheatie came out of the area that was just an old worn out area with no grass...but even stranger for this area no weeds...Most of the dimes came from under the kids rides in the tot lot...especially the dimes.

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
DFX-Gregg said:
Really you are not goin to use the Minelab...this 200 coin day was not exactly what I had in mind... ::) Expected the clad total would be a lot higher...

No Minelab Gregg.......as opposed to the bad things I heard about PP'ing with it, I've been reasonably accurate, but the procedure takes me longer and I would be nowhere near as accurate as I can be with the 250. It takes me at least 30 seconds, sometimes more to PP with the Explorer........I can PP in about 4 seconds with the ACE and I am usually very close. I can also cover more ground quicker and easier. The 250 is definately more suited for the task. I think the only role the Explorer will play in my MD'er hangar is the "Let's bring in the big gun". I'll be using the 250 to clean up any area out of clad and easy silver. When that is said and done, I'll bring out the Explorer and try to dig out the harder or deeper stuff. In short, I'm keeping my 250. It has a place and use in my methods. :)

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Way to go Gregg! I had a 229 coin day today (13th) with 155 pennies...pretty close to your total. I did find 6 junque rings as well. Keep it up...I hunt primarily for clad & jewelry & I really don't care what anyone thinks about it. LOL

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
Man!, I bet your wife gets really p!ssed off about all the dirty clad coins you drag home! Gotta love em though, MDing is better than working any day!

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
Also, about your 36 wheat penny. I've been using a minelab recently and have found that a BUNCH of older wheaties sound like deep zincs (this is also what an IH sounds like on the minelab, a deep zinc!).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread