Vending machine hit

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He guy that does the vending machines where I work is about to come by so I decided to try an experiment. Put a marked quarter in and hit coin return, got a -different- quarter back.

:)

Had $3 paper in my pocket so put that in, hit coin return, and got it back as quarters. Went through it and got a '63 quarter! Put the rest back in and hit return, did this over and over till it ran out of quarters. I ended up losing $2.25 when it could no longer make change but that one silver should cover the loss.

Time to start hitting the laundry and arcades.

:)

Upvote 0
Who freaking cares really. You people are acting like there breaking in and stealing the quarters. It's just job security for the change guy that needs to refill the change, just might need to top it off a few more times.

I've been emptying a change machine at s car wash for weeks now. I've been very bored stayin at a hotel for Job training lol

nice this how i got my state quarter collection.

Who freaking cares really. You people are acting like there breaking in and stealing the quarters. It's just job security for the change guy that needs to refill the change, just might need to top it off a few more times.

I've been emptying a change machine at s car wash for weeks now. I've been very bored stayin at a hotel for Job training lol

Like I said, vending machines dont have a change guy. only legit changers have to be replinished.

What about the people that legitimately need change before it gets refilled? What about people who want a drink or snack but dont have exact change?

What about getting ripped off by a machine because a sensor is broken and it doesnt know its out of change. Stupid machines fault, right?

Sorry bout ur luck then hope u dnt come to the car wash by my hotel right now then haha

And its not job security at all. It's missed sales, which is missed income, and takes food out of my familys mouth. I've never caughy anyone doing it to the vending machines that I fill, but I swear i'd hit them square in the jaw first thing. I'm normally a passive person too, never started a fight, and havent been in one since I left the recess schoolyard 16 years ago

PhattyB said:
And its not job security at all. It's missed sales, which is missed income, and takes food out of my familys mouth. I've never caughy anyone doing it to the vending machines that I fill, but I swear i'd hit them square in the jaw first thing. I'm normally a passive person too, never started a fight, and havent been in one since I left the recess schoolyard 16 years ago

Is that a threat pretty sure thats not allowed!
Just for that I will clean out all the coin machines I see this weekend

Go ahead King Doucher. Dont say I didnt warn you when you get caught, which is what that was, not a threat. And have fun dumping all that clad. I'm sure you don't really find much of anything, because most vending guys I know search before, and it's quarters. Talk about going from bad to worse.

Karma will get you back better anyways. I tried to explain nicely why its the wrong thing to do, and give reasons why thats not thr most optimal way to hunt

Haha thanks for laughs I get a kick outta tough guys on forums

Glad you got some laughs making yourself look like a jackass. Generally we try to help, educate and do a little bragging on finds. You're bringing a new element. Top notch, chief.

I agree with PhattyB. My husband also deals with vending machines. Not sure how you're paid PhattyB but he is paid on a salary (& not a very good one) & he already works over 40 hours a week for that pay. If people were emptying his machines out on his route of change & he had to make extra trips to the machines to fill them with change it would be a waste of his time & his money. I would be quite upset if they took time away from him to be with his family & money away from our pockets because he had to spend even more of his time (basically unpaid) to go & fix the situation so that his actual customers could use the machines & therefore allowing him to continue to have a job. I like the idea but it's rude to make people work harder than they already do. Plus he, as PhattyB said, does look through all their change so you won't find anything in his machines unless you get it right after someone's put it in the machine (it the machine accepts it in the first place)

Well that's his career choice and I've found a lot in my area In those machines so I'll keep at it not my problem

I gave it a shot and after work I emptied 2 coke machines and a Pepsi machine today.... Nothing in the coke machines but I found a new York proof quarter in the
Pepsi machine.

I'm going to start doing vending machines along with the self service car wash I empty weekly.

It's heavily worn so i threw it back.

Let me reiterate, I only emptied this one cause I knew the vending guy would be here in a few minutes anyway.

I get paid salary + commission. Salary is decent, commission makes the job great. So, selling is a big deal to me. I want my route fully functioning.

I'll be honest I dnt hit vending machines much it's mainly the change machines at car wash places like that

Most will reject silver dimes and quarters when inserted to pay. However, they will spit them out as change as the change dude puts them in from his huge sack(seperate compt). If you think of the odds of hitting, youre wasting youre time, and look like an idiot.
If we are pulling 1 silver quarter per $750 on average....yeah you do the math.

Let me reiterate, I only emptied this one cause I knew the vending guy would be here in a few minutes anyway.

Let my reiterate, that doesn't matter. Coin mechs are self reloading, they don't get replenished by the vending guy. Hell, if I didn't hunt coins, I wouldn't even LOOK at it. If I want to refill a mech, I have to sort the nickels, dimes and quarters from each other out of the collection bin, count them by hand and put them in. I don't have time for that, so others have to suffer "Correct change only" until it gets some base of coins back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back