Vending machine hit

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He guy that does the vending machines where I work is about to come by so I decided to try an experiment. Put a marked quarter in and hit coin return, got a -different- quarter back.

:)

Had $3 paper in my pocket so put that in, hit coin return, and got it back as quarters. Went through it and got a '63 quarter! Put the rest back in and hit return, did this over and over till it ran out of quarters. I ended up losing $2.25 when it could no longer make change but that one silver should cover the loss.

Time to start hitting the laundry and arcades.

:)

Upvote 0
I see the veding guy come in at my work with bags of coin

Sure that just isnt money from another machine on a different floor or close building? Sometimes I service up to 10 machines before returning to my truck with the money.

PhattyB, I've been wondering for a while: Are the standard vending machine coin mechs sensitive enough to reject silver quarters or dimes? Do any vending machines that you know of test based on electromagnetic signature, or do they only test weight and size?

No, you're not. It's a STUPID thing to do. The chances of finding silver is a vending machine is almost NILL. Take it from someone who stocks them for a living, you're pretty much wasting your time. If you're gonna do it though, stop at about $10.

Same thing I thought. However a more clever way to get silver for a little below spot might be to write a quarter to contact you if the guy gets silver to buy cheap with black sharpie around it. When he goes to do his round and glances over the change he'll see if and might give you a call.

PhattyB, I've been wondering for a while: Are the standard vending machine coin mechs sensitive enough to reject silver quarters or dimes? Do any vending machines that you know of test based on electromagnetic signature, or do they only test weight and size?

I've never encountered a vending machine that has accepted a silver quarter. Of course, my company has newer machines where old is considered 10 years. However, dimes will be accepted sometimes. I've used some of my junk silver to test many times, many different machines with different brand mechs and come to the same conclusion.

The only way I think you'd find anything good in a vending machine is if you insert a single dime and a single nickel then hit return. You're going to then get back a different dime and a different nickle until eventually you'll get back one of the first couple you put into the machine. (Tip: Mark at least the first three coins because two might overflow to the collection bucket). Don't bother with quarter hunting them.

I've never encountered a vending machine that has accepted a silver quarter. Of course, my company has newer machines where old is considered 10 years. However, dimes will be accepted sometimes. I've used some of my junk silver to test many times, many different machines with different brand mechs and come to the same conclusion.

The only way I think you'd find anything good in a vending machine is if you insert a single dime and a single nickel then hit return. You're going to then get back a different dime and a different nickle until eventually you'll get back one of the first couple you put into the machine. (Tip: Mark at least the first three coins because two might overflow to the collection bucket). Don't bother with quarter hunting them.

I used to do that,now with my bankroll i just drain the machine of all its coins.

There is only one vending maching that is is OK to keep plugging in those quarters and I am sure PhattyB will agree. It's those gumball machines. Go ahead and empty one of those guys!

I tried the change machine at the local Car Wash 20 -30 dollars at a time, was not aware that it could affect the income for some one trying to support thier family. No change = no car wash. Makes sense.

I've done this before but the closest thing I got was a '65! Argghh!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back