Very Cold "ACE" Edmonton Winter Virtual Reality Hunt Today... (long)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Very Cold "ACE" Edmonton Winter Virtual Reality Hunt Today... (long)

sleepingace5.jpg

Darn ACE woke me up early this morning.......And the ACE was right, "TECT'N" time!

weatherforcast2-1.jpg

I did a quick weather check, and it was finally out of the minus 20's and 30's. I got the ACE all dressed up in the CAMO suit with a hot pac on top of the batteries to keep it nice and toasty. I too got dressed up with my long-johns, thick socks, hat, gloves and winter coat. I got all the gear ready, and out the door I went.

macdonalds2.jpg

There was a small skiff of snow from last night, so no major cleaning needed. I headed to Rotten-Ronnies for some good old "BIG" breakfast, which gave me enough grease to stay warm for the hunt.....

CoinNumnerOneAndTwo2.jpg

The next stop.......da "HILL"! Quite a popular hill it is too. The only problem is, is that it has been so darned cold for the past 3-4 weeks, that only the die-hards toboggan under these conditions.

Were there any coins to be found? Was this a total waste of my day to search and freeze my butt off for nothing?

No it wasn't. My first coin, a penny was a no brainer. You could make out it's ID with the shadow from the light skiff of snow over night. Moments later, another signal got me coin #2, a recent quarter drop. And for the first time in my metal detecting history, I have a pin pointer that works in the freezing cold. It worked flawlessly, even longer then I did. :(

sausage2.jpg

After about 3 hours worth of hunting, I quit beeping. I was just too tired, icicles forming on my beard/mustache and my fingers and toes had that nasty burning- cold, a signal to warm up or face possible frost bite. So, I chewed on some nice fresh peperoni's, swished back some COKE and headed back towards home.

wintercoins2.jpg

Here's the total coins for the day. A nice Loonie (2 dollar coin) brought my loot figure up nicely. I also lucked out on snow coin spill, which was good for 11 coins. So, my overall coin hunt wasn't too bad! I have had worse days in the summer.

It was a great day, but nice to be back home under some nice warm blankies.​

Attachments

• winter igloo (2).jpg
    winter igloo (2).jpg
    7 KB · Views: 792
Upvote 0
S

seger98

Re: Very Cold "ACE" Edmonton Winter Virtual Reality Hunt Today... (long)

You ain't right man! :tard: LOL nice finds!

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005

Good lord! Dedicated? Crazy? Both? I must laugh! Congrats on the finds! ;D

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nothing stops a cold MDer. Nice going and proud of you for getting out. But what else whould you do when the detector starts calling to you..boink...boink!

We stop at McDs on the way to detect too. Now they want to see what we found. Hope the lead us to a new place to dig. Show the ladies a ring and ask for a hint where to dig...lol

SKD (Ex Minnesotan)

gibsondan

Nov 15, 2008

You are hardcore to the MAX!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions