Very first day with new detector!

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hi all. New detector just arrived today so when my 10yr old daughter came home from school (she was almost as excited as I was) we headed out to the local school yard. Mission for today was to get swinging and see what we could come up with. I've been doing a lot of reading here and on other sites for tips and how to's and it help this rookie get started for sure.

Didn't come up with anything really exciting but just being out there finally and my daughters enthusiasm was exciting enough. Nothing older than 1970 and we got 1 nickel, 1 dime, hand full of pennies, 1 fake silver earing and an assortment of junk. I dug everthing lol! I can see how that might wear thin after awhile.. but oh well I'm just learning.

Attachments

• Pirate treasure day one 027.jpg
    Pirate treasure day one 027.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 864
Upvote 0

Samuelben

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter lonestar/junior
dang nice i love..... the green pulltab and i noticed a few candian pennies in there but they all look canadian you might be in canada lol

P

Pentico

Brett2259 said:
Good job....I just search for coins....when nickle readings come up I just pass them up...too many pull tabs and junk.... :thumbsup:

We have found many rings by digging all nickle readings or tones!
I understand the pulling out of a 1000 pull tabs sucks, but with the nickle reading but there is a ring or two there to find!
I am no expert but I would say dig all nickles till you know it is a pull tab, nickle or a ring!
Some thing about the Ace 250 and nickle tones get me digging! :wink:
Congrats on getting out and having fun with your daughter! :thumbsup:
Enjoy the time cuz they do grow up fast.
D Nugget

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread