Very short CW hunt. Need help IDing design.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very short CW hunt. Need help ID'ing design.

Went to site where I found the batwing and only found a shell fragment. Could have stayed longer but decided to move to another site where I have found about 50 flat buttons and several bullets. I stopped by to get permission from the landowner and we talked for a long time. Had a great visit. They were telling me about a bunch of trees that have been cleared away and they have found several eagle buttons there lately. It was on the other side of the hill from where I usually hunt and I didn't have time to go there so will have to save that for another day. I went straight to where I have found a lot of flat buttons before. A log cabin used to sit there and was used by union officers during the civil war. I got a very good tone and dug a heart shaped object about 10" deep. It appears to have been the top of a locket but I am still cleaning. Only got to hunt there for about 20 minutes as I had to go home for dinner at my girl friends parents home. Before I left the owners told me about some other places to hunt as well. I hunted alone for the first time in a long time. Everyone I called had plans Saturday or was unable to reach. Hopefully next Saturday I will have better luck and more time to hunt. Can anyone ID the design?

Attachments

• 2012-10-29 09_22_42.jpg
    2012-10-29 09_22_42.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 2012-10-29 09_22_22.jpg
    2012-10-29 09_22_22.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 1

CATFISH

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you have is a button from Carhartt overalls.
cgfcv.jpg

tumblr_lvnh76Neqn1qdfri5o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
treasurehound

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
New sites seem like something to get excited about. Good luck there Randy!! HH, Quindy.

Thanks Quindy. We have found bullets on top of the hill but never hunted the back side on the bottom. Sounds like it could be another camp. The property owner has a metal detector as well and she hunts every now and then. She has found tons of bullets and buttons, breast plate and a few silver reales. The overalls button surprised me as it is probably the newest thing we have found there. We have hunted several times and have found old coins but absolutely no clad which is good.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well that is different but darn cool

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread