Video 4 - The Peralta Stone Maps with Frank Augustine

Treasure Hunter,

I see you have the Stars and Bars in your avatar! That's not very PC! HAHAHA

I completely understand what you say. Now, those sponsors in Ryan's Video are unpaid sponsors. They provided them with binos, a rangefinder (Leupold), clothes (Carhartt), and a detector. Does that make a difference? But then again, you have to rely on the honesty of the poster that they aren't getting money from their sponsors.

.......and like I stated previously, without a fairly substantial amount of moderation, things can break down VERY quickly into insults, name calling, and threats. I have seen it happen many times before, and have also seen it kill forums completely. If someone insults or threatens me, I don't complain or back away. I go full broadside, and I know I have pushed the boundaries at TNet more times than I can count. My biggest saving grace is that I almost never am the instigator. My attacks are almost always in response to what someone else did.

While many times, I have to admit that it appears you folks (mods) are experiencing what's called "Big Fish Little Pond Syndrome". I know I have accused y'all of it on several occasions. Just know that when all the fat is boiled down to gravy, I do know that it is difficult to moderate a forum with tens of thousands of members, and y'all don't have the time to spend investigating each and every nuance of every video or argument. and many times you have have to make quick decisions based on reading a couple of posts, so things might not always seem fair to everybody. Just do what you do, and if anybody finds it too much to deal with, then we can take our marbles and go play elsewhere. That is the benefit of the WWW. HAHAHA

Take Care - Mike

Thank you Mike.... Your correct we don't have time to read through 10-40 or more pages of a thread trying to decipher who started what...I have a wife 20 years younger and 2 parrots and all 3 require attention daily...

We will read more than a few posts, but not dozens of pages. I sat down and watched video 6 and read ever post to give admin a synopsis and admin was reading threads today...

As far as the big fish in a little pond comment I will just let that lie...

We have had 150 active members read this thread. This thread has 870 post from out of that 150 are registered members. . Any time anyone clicks on a thread it is counted as a view member or not. I would have to guess but of the 879 post it was probably made by say 20 members but read by many members and non members.
We currently have 2500 people on T-net as I write this.

When you are the original poster in a thread I would think you would want to keep your thread calm and flowing with little drama. Not be the cause of all the drama. Many things are moderated that are never seen. Just like this thread there is a mirror of it in moderation full of post reports,reported e-mails and general discussion. Administration tried to work things out for the members. It obviously was not to the satisfaction of one of the parties.

I have read every post since day one and participated in these discussions and research. I did enjoy them.

As far as I'm concerned, Ryan and Frank have done all Stone Map and Dutch Hunters a great service. Much like Garry, they have gone at the stories in a logical and honest manner. They don't, like some who post here, have an axe to grind, other than digging for the truth.

When that truth goes against some folks theories, or plain made-up histories, the fur often gets ruffled.

Whatever Ryan has done here, that goes against TNet's rules, IMHO it is far outweighed by the truth that has been presented. It is also far outweighed by the massive amount of dialog that has been generated. Rather than doing anything to obstruct these truths and the resulting dialog, management should be encouraging more openness.

The adds that were used as an excuse to shut down any threads seemed somewhat picayune...at best. On balance, management here does a very fair and difficult job. On this one "infraction", I feel they should give a little leeway. Freedom of action is often better than restraint.

Just one man's opinion, hope it doesn't ruffle any feathers.

Joe Ribaudo

I am curious how many people have viewed the Video 6 thread, or any of Ryans video threads, that were not registered members. What are those numbers? Lots of people may be viewing his threads, but not registering or commenting.

I am curious how many people have viewed the Video 6 thread, or any of Ryans video threads, that were not registered members. What are those numbers? Lots of people may be viewing his threads, but not registering or commenting.
As stated by TnM, anytime someone clicks on a thread it is recorded as a read, doesn't matter if it is a guest or member, the total includes all, registered and non registered reads..

Somehiker

You posted in another thread : " Note the 2nd large hole on the lower stone, plus the small cross above the larger hole."
I don't know about the second hole ( which is only a drawing ) , but this is a picture ( not GE , much better and natural ) of the real big hole region ( IMO ) .
I believe the " dot " is more accurate than the cross . Also , you can recognize a little cross " NW " from the " dot " . The picture has the east on top .

big hole region.jpg big hole region 2.JPG

Last edited:
The large hole on the Lower Trail Stone shows a hidden cave (READ: HIDDEN you won't find it on GE) near the base of Weavers Needle. If you look at the shape of the mountain where the hole resides, it can ONLY be Weaver's Needle.

IMGP0102.JPG

Funny thing about Jesuit Treasures on Weaver's Needle, is that Ed Piper moved there because an Indian Chief that used to bounce him on his knee as a child told him about the treasure hidden there by the "Old Priests." Celeste Marie Jones moved there due to dreams she had about Church Treasure hidden in a cave near the top of Weaver's Needle. Ed Piper was from Oklahoma and Celeste Marie Jones was from Los Angeles. Interesting.

Mike

Last edited:
The large hole on the Lower Trail Stone shows a hidden cave (READ: HIDDEN you won't find it on GE) near the base of Weavers Needle. If you look at the shape of the mountain where the hole resides, it can ONLY be Weaver's Needle.

View attachment 1182589

Funny thing about Jesuit Treasures on Weaver's Needle, is that Ed Piper moved there because an Indian Chief that used to bounce him on his knee as a child told him about the treasure hidden there by the "Old Priests." Celeste Marie Jones moved there due to dreams she had about Church Treasure hidden in a cave near the top of Weaver's Needle. Ed Piper was from Oklahoma and Celeste Marie Jones was from Los Angeles. Interesting.

Mike

Mike,

Actually it can be something other than Weaver's Needle. It's an elevation line showing the actual shape of the terrain in that location. I have done a little spider-man work on the south side of the Needle myself. Weaver's Needle has been gone over from top to bottom. The triangle-slash is Weaver's Needle.:laughing7:

Good luck,

Joe

Last edited:
I wrote " region of the big hole " and not " the cave hole " .

Somehiker

You posted in another thread : " Note the 2nd large hole on the lower stone, plus the small cross above the larger hole."
I don't know about the second hole ( which is only a drawing ) , but this is a picture ( not GE , much better and natural ) of the real big hole region ( IMO ) .
I believe the " dot " is more accurate than the cross . Also , you can recognize a little cross " NW " from the " dot " . The picture has the east on top .

View attachment 1182532 View attachment 1182533

Hi Marius:

When you get the chance to go there, take some photos and post them for the rest of us to look at.
It's too difficult to see what's there from G/E crops, and I don't believe the stones were copied from satellite photos.

The reason I posted that drawing of the stone maps was not just because of the extra hole and the small cross where the small hole is on the replicas, but also because it was made using the original photo. The drawing shows, with a fair degree of accuracy, other things which are nearly impossible to make out in the damaged and retouched copy we have all seen. The dagger and the details on the heart stone for example. The perspective is the same however, and all of this suggests that the drawing was copied from an undamaged photograph in which the small cross may have been very visible.

How are things in Greece these days ?

Regards:SH.

Hi Wayne

You should know how every 2D ( like a drawing ) map could be considered a satellite image . The dimensions of the map is a specific altitude of a satallite view .
If you believe somebody could ever recognize the stone trail from the ground , you have to think it again . The trail is not very long , but has the route in a different ground morphology and altitudes . For this are the 18 " lugares " , to help you to follow the trail route , without knowing what the other symbols mean . The key is to know where the trail starts and what direction follows .
I am looking forward to see your pictures of the treasure , if you will ever found it .

I am looking forward to see your pictures of the treasure , if you will ever found it .[/QUOTE]

yes marius....we are also looking forward to your pics when you find the treasure

Mike,

Actually it can be something other than Weaver's Needle. It's an elevation line showing the actual shape of the terrain in that location. I have done a little spider-man work on the south side of the Needle myself. Weaver's Needle has been gone over from top to bottom. The triangle-slash is Weaver's Needle.:laughing7:

Good luck,

Joe

Joe,

Almost every inch of the Supers has been combed over in the last 200 years or so. Lots of stuff keeps getting found. Remember, Julia and Rhiney stepped right over what was later to be called the Mammoth and Wasp Mines while trying to find Old Jake's Mine. Just because someone has looked someplace, does not mean there's nothing there. HAHAHA

Mike

Joe,

Almost every inch of the Supers has been combed over in the last 200 years or so. Lots of stuff keeps getting found. Remember, Julia and Rhiney stepped right over what was later to be called the Mammoth and Wasp Mines while trying to find Old Jake's Mine. Just because someone has looked someplace, does not mean there's nothing there. HAHAHA

Mike

Mike,

There is a little difference between those who know what to look for, and those who are simply following someone else's directions. I'm pretty sure you agree with that. There is no evidence that they "stepped over" the Mamoth Mine, nor even came within site of it. It's just an opinion.

Good luck,

Joe

Mike,

There is a little difference between those who know what to look for, and those who are simply following someone else's directions. I'm pretty sure you agree with that. There is no evidence that they "stepped over" the Mamoth Mine, nor even came within site of it. It's just an opinion.

Good luck,

Joe

lol....i dont think julia or rhiney would have known gold ore from sandstone..they had never been in the mountains before.....there is a fault line along the west side of highway 88 that starts about where brown road is and extends to apache gap...the best part is starts about where hackmore road is and stops a little past govt well...all the mines along this stretch produced high grade jewelry rock similar to the ore the matchbox is made from..the bulldog mine...the mammoth, the wasp, the black queen..and the golden hilside mine...and countless other unnamed prospects and mines...anyone that had any knowledge of mining at all would have stopped dead in their tracks when they came across this fault line...back in the 1980's louie ruiz at the bluebird gift shop had glass mayo jars full of jewelry rock that came from these mines on display...he wouldnt let anyone hold the jars but if you asked he would pull them out of the case and let you look at them...after the price of gold went sky high he put the gold in a safer place

As stated by TnM, anytime someone clicks on a thread it is recorded as a read, doesn't matter if it is a guest or member, the total includes all, registered and non registered reads..

Yes, but that doesn't answer my question. I was curious how many of the views on Ryan's threads have been non-registered guests. If amount X can be attributed to a certain number of T-net members, what is the amount Y that can be attributed to non-registered viewers?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back