Video 6 - On Tumlinsons Trail : The Peralta Stone Maps

Validity of the stones

• Travis found the stones and had nothing to do with their creation. They are real.

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Travis hoaxed the entire thing. They are fake

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Travis carved the maps - but they are based off of real information.

Votes: 14 34.1%

• Total voters
OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq & Vaquero

Leupold BX-3 Mojave & RX1200i Rangefinder
Primary Interest:
Other
Make that 2 pm's Ryan.
Very very cool to lecture about this whole research project.
I learn something new about these discoveries every day because of your Video Threads.
I initially joined TNet to learn the how to's in metal detecting. I learned a ton of knowledge, and continue to learn everyday.
One thing that has been constant since my embarkation of Discovery, is research. Research. And More RESEARCH!
Being entrenched in your Video and development has not only given me hours of research ideas, but some humor as well! Lol
I am proud to be a follower of your work and will continue to do so, as will I continue to Ask questions and offer the knowledge that I have researched.
What you and Frank are doing is a great offering to all of us here on TNet as well as those that just Google the Peralta Stone Maps as this dedication that you have so passionately embraced is one of the top 3 search sites! Congrats on that!!!
I look forward to Video 7, and await every twist and turn you bring to the forefront of this fascinating Legend!

Tina

You're a sweetheart - thank you!

Video 7 will be a lot of fun. At the end of video 6 - Frank showed a folder. In that folder is a lot of information that will be sure to spark a lot of interest.

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's for sure!

We've gone from tree sap to the masons.

Unless Travis was a mason - the peralta's were masons - or the natives were mason's - then the last 5 pages of this thread have been a waste.

Please keep the thread on track. Next people will refer to the maps as The Masonic Maps and that won't help anybody.

Everything correlates somewhere down the line

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Article? I'm very excited. I have a interest in 1847 hot hair balloon flight in the Superstitions by Mexican army officer Masons.
Ryan you did not place the above on your list.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread was started on June 17th. Today is June 26. At the time of this post the number of views is up to 14,107. Show me another thread in any forum on this website that racked up that number of views in 9 days. Not saying its not possible, but I don't recall ever seeing a thread acquire that number of viewers in such a short time.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tina

I believe the heart was broken intentionalλy by the author . The broken heart is a warning , and has a death meaning when is used in a treasure map . And this symbol mean : " Your heart will " break " ( you will die ) if you will not use/follow ( or not be able to read /understand ) the markings/signs/symbols which lead to the treasure " .

In the stone maps case , the Priest ( map ) shows the route in the cave , how many traps are and how they work . The three crosses are the traps . The Priest also shows how the cave has 4 ( four ) levels/stages to the final " heart " where are the chambers .

Priest stone map.jpg

Last edited:

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markmar,
Thank you for the explanation. I will take a closer look at what you are explaining when I get home. I really want to try to understand your viewpoint.

OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
This is important

OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
This was the first time Travis was arrested. Age 19. Plead guilty to Burglary Sentenced to 2 years in jail.

Travis is at the top of the page, reg number 61461

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 6.18.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 6.18.25 PM.png
    984.1 KB · Views: 141

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was the first time Travis was arrested. Age 19. Plead guilty to Burglary Sentenced to 2 years in jail.

Travis is at the top of the page, reg number 61461

That is awesome! He actually Served 2 years too!!! 4 years of education??? Wow!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is the scientific evidence on these stones? We often run into the same problem with artifacts when someone knapps a stone point then it goes to auction as the real deal with a provenance and story.Forgery and fakes have been common for thousands of years.(Ancient coins,paintings,pottery ,carvings so forth) Patina on stone is easily faked now days but not so much when these were made. With the equipment used today it would be easy to tell the type of tool used on the material under high magnification and through test. Where the stone came from even would be an easy task due to its specific make up. Sandtone is individual sized grains and minerals.. Where is the science in these artifacts? What specific script is this and was it used again by the maker? I seem to remember the cover of a book with the same script? Does one script mirror the other?
My question is has anyone with a scientific background of any sort ever evaluated the stones in this legend and where is the report.
Or has a science not deemed them worthy of evaluation. There has to be hard evidence and not just hearsay for these to be real.
Human nature always wants something to be real.
Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Where is the scientific evidence on these stones? We often run into the same problem with artifacts when someone knapps a stone point then it goes to auction as the real deal with a provenance and story.Forgery and fakes have been common for thousands of years.(Ancient coins,paintings,pottery ,carvings so forth) Patina on stone is easily faked now days but not so much when these were made. With the equipment used today it would be easy to tell the type of tool used on the material under high magnification and through test. Where the stone came from even would be an easy task due to its specific make up. Sandtone is individual sized grains and minerals.. Where is the science in these artifacts? What specific script is this and was it used again by the maker? I seem to remember the cover of a book with the same script? Does one script mirror the other?
My question is has anyone with a scientific background of any sort ever evaluated the stones in this legend and where is the report.
Or has a science not deemed them worthy of evaluation. There has to be hard evidence and not just hearsay for these to be real.
Human nature always wants something to be real.
Thanks for the reply.

Great comment. The stones have been looked at quite a few times - by a handful of professionals. Each one of them has determined them to be fake.

The Tumlinson family has also said they are fake and carved by Travis.

Travis' close friends say they have, at a minimum, been altered and things added.

To be honest - there is actually no proof --whatsoever-- that makes them true - outside of the hopes and dreams of folks that want to believe.

Edit - attached the most recent report and findings from "Arizona Highways" Magazine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 6.49.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 6.49.14 PM.png
    886.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 6.49.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 6.49.23 PM.png
    917.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So archeologist deemed them to be elaborate fakes. The writing does not match any spanish culture. The original makers are all dead and the people who tried to prosper from the stones are no where to be found. I wish I could read that print better!
So they are fakes made to trick and deceive but how we wish them to be real.

Last edited:

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great comment. The stones have been looked at quite a few times - by a handful of professionals. Each one of them has determined them to be fake.

The Tumlinson family has also said they are fake and carved by Travis.

Travis' close friends say they have, at a minimum, been altered and things added.

To be honest - there is actually no proof --whatsoever-- that makes them true - outside of the hopes and dreams of folks that want to believe.

Edit - attached the most recent report and findings from "Arizona Highways" Magazine.

Ryan,

Wasn't there a Well known high ranking Jesuit Priest that also looked at the stones that deemed them to be "not of historical significance" in age? I believe he was a scholar on the engravings/lettering?
Can't remember what his name is at the moment.....

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And under microscope they were made with an electric drill with stop and start marks and the slabs show machine marks in the sanding.
In other words all scientific evidence is conclusive that they are fake. I had a feeling it was all a hoax.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread