Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kevin,

I heard a rumor that the beach just below the Jupiter Inlet has been eroded away substantially since they filled it a while back. If you MD there, you can wave to SEADIVER, who has his permit for the dive boat right there too.

Jack

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
use the --fsu beaches and shores resource center---website ---it has all of the state of florida's beach renourishment programs and the "high wear" or hot spots listed ---can be used to find spots where the fill sand has been washed away---use the site maps ---which have numbers link them up the hot spot numbers and bingo your there--- ;D ;D good luck---Ivan

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
kevino1960 said:
I will be in the Wabasso/ Vero Beach Florida area Fri, Sat and Sun. Any tips, hints or advice? Thank You,
Kevin
Those are the cleanest beaches in Florida! You will find little trash, dig every signal. You wont find anything good if you dont try. I would search at lo tide.
Jupiter is not near Wabasso or Vero, and is not considered part of the Treasure Beaches, but it is a known shipwreck site further down the coast..

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ivan salis said:
use the --fsu beaches and shores resource center---website ---it has all of the state of florida's beach renourishment programs and the "high wear" or hot spots listed ---can be used to find spots where the fill sand has been washed away---use the site maps ---which have numbers link them up the hot spot numbers and bingo your there--- ;D ;D good luck---Ivan
Do you have the link for this site? Im lazy. :)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
type in ---fsu beaches and shores research center---into the your search box- and press "go"--- it will come up with a list ---its the first one on the list (click on it)--- when it comes up ---look on the left hand side it says ---"beach nourishment monitioring"---(click on it) a map showing all the state beach projects comes up ---"click" on the one you want to "see"---- find the map site (click and print it)--it shows the numbers grid ---find the hot spots list (click and print)---match the two sets up and you have a map to your hot spots--really it doesn't get much simpler than that--- try it its simple--- saves a lot of $$$and time and is quicker than driving around looking for wear spots ---you can do a spot in 5 min easy---and its free to boot--- be smart use the data that your tax money has already paid for----Ivan

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kevino1960,

save your gas money for a trip to wabasso an vero after summer storms wash 12 to 15 feet of sand off the beaches.otherwise you will find modern trash an very few coins.you can still go though,we need people like you to clean the trash out of the upper dredge layer of sand:)just deposit all your trash in the nearest trash can on the beach.

OP
OP
kevino1960

kevino1960

Oct 22, 2006
West Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark Fisher 1265X
Wow! thanks Jack, BigCypress and Ivan. We will be in Mirmar (just N of Miami) on TR and then drive North on Fri so I will stop at Jupiter on the way. Ivan, I did what you said and the info I got (I was looking at Jupiter) was from '97, '98 on the 'Hot Spots'. Maybe I am doing something wrong though. Thanks again and if you ever make it to the West Coast of FL (Tampa Bay) give me a shout, I would love to hunt with you guys.

Kevin

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
ivan salis said:
Do you have the link for this site? Im lazy. :)

Here ya go BC. http://beach15.beaches.fsu.edu/ A lot of the info does not seem up to date though. They must have run out of grant money....lol.
Deepsix

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This work is supported by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.Bureau of Beaches and Coastal Systems.

they just need more qualified html workers.

no grants,its your tax dollars at work.

you may have noticed that state workers are the biggest slackers when it comes to work.your local DMV is a good example.

i do give credit to the DEP workers,they work hard at thier job.same goes with fish an game.

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/beaches/

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
while some of the info is a bit old ---remember the wear spots don't change much if any-- mainly because the factors that caused them don't change much ---what caused a "hot spot"-- a wear spot will keep causing one --- its a fairly constant type of thing---Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread