Wahoo !!!!!! A dream comes true !!!!

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Research and hard work finally paid off in a huge way !!!!

I was finding mostly late 1800's relics and coins but knew the area was farmed as early as the 1640's so the potential was there for something really old to come out of the ground. I have been dreaming of finding one of these coins for years. I have seen 'Tree Coins' dug by other hunters which was quite a thrill. But, nothing compares to locating and digging one for yourself.

It's a 1662 Oak Tree Two Pence. It's the tiny thing next to the Barber and Mercury dimes. It's not in great shape but it's not holed or bent and it's the prettiest thing I've dug in the 30+ years that I've been detecting and I couldn't be happier !!!

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting !!!

Brian in MA

Attachments

• DSC01807.jpg
    DSC01807.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 6,220
Upvote 0

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Congrats on a fabulous find! If I'd found it, I'd probably mutter to myself, "Another one of those !@#$% play money coins."

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations, Peanuts. That is a fantastic find for sure. :o

It sounds like you've worked hard for it in the past 30 years! Celebrate!! :occasion18:

toolman61

May 31, 2008
I told my wife to pack the bags,we're moving to Mass. Awesome peice of history peanut I'm really excited for u !! HH Tom

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: You definately have my vote for banner!! I don't remember ever seeing a dug two pence. A huge congratulations to you on a find of a lifetime!! :thumbsup:

Steve

P.S. Check this out, this one is selling for almost $7,000!!

http://www.dvrcc.com/coindetail.aspx?coid=21466

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super Duper find man... :thumbsup:

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
incredible find of a lifetime Brian probably the hardest coin to find , my congrats to you . i think i found one last year but it is so worn it is impossible to tell but it is smaller than a silver three cent piece .is there any way to take a measurement diameter is yours , Dan

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Congratulations.. 1 of 51 known in the world???..That's simply amazing..

At what depth did she announce her desire to come above ground?

Absolutely...BANNER!!!!

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
MAY I BE THE FIRST TO CONGRATULATE YOU ON YOUR BANNER FIND!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Congratulations on making the Banner!!! :thumbsup:

Steve

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your 30 years paid off big time. :thumbsup: What a fantastic find!!! I can't believe how small that coin is. :o
Congrats to you on your well deserved banner find.
-MM-

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
totally awesome find :headbang: the thrill of finding that will last alongtime :o congrats on the find and the BANNER ! awesome :thumbsup:

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian...CONGRATS on an awesome find and also for making the banner!!! I found a Mass copper a while back so I know what you mean about the thrill of realizing what you have just found. A Mass tree coin is on my wish list as well and maybe some day I will be lucky enough to find one. That is fantastic find and I would keep hitting that farm HARD...could be some more goodies there for you. I used to live in the Merrimack Valley but wasn;t detecting back then... :'( I hope to get back there and get some detecting in if I can secure permission, for there are some 1600's houses in my old home town and just the thought of what may be in the ground is a thrill.
Hope you find some more old coins at that farm, but if not, you surely have made a find of a lifetime already!!!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread