Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine Donald pfitzer was kinda like a pioneer hiker of sorts. He gave me a couple of his books they are somewhere??? Anyway he wrote about that hike. Here is a link if you want to check it out. He used to study routes etc,,

http://www.amazon.com/Hiking-Georgia-3rd-Georgias-Adventures/dp/0762736429

Study a little bit about the snakes and black bears and carry some type of protection you are comfortable with. If you do not want a gun grizzly pepper will make anything lie down : )
Cya on the flip flop
TnMtns

OP
OP
klava

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
Thanks everyone for the support and encouragment.

Tn I'll check out that link thanks:)

I have atleast one person locally interested in doing it and also a member her on Tnet. It's still a way off an things change. I am commited to doing it and would like to share the adventure with others. I will go at it alone either way.

Oh and it'll take a bear to keep me away from jeff's steaks lol.

-K

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you can handle yourself, Klava, so I hope you make that trip. Keep a journal. It'll be priceless some day. I'd like to do that Colorado trail from Denver to Durango, but I'd much prefer doing it horseback. Altitude up here kicks my tail. Might be better on a llama. Best of luck, take care bud.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Take a dog with you... did someone say that?

It'll offer companionship and someone to talk to, and if you get too hungry... :-X

OP
OP
klava

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
I would love to take my dog with me. Unfortunately there are a couple places that dogs aren't allowed on the trail. She would have to be kenneled in those ares. The added cost plus the thought of her being kenneled is enough reason to leave her here with people who love her.

-K

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to touch on you quest.......
What are your gear choices.(pack,packs,pouches, rain gear, etc)

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
klava said:
TnM yeah i have thought of BP. I have alot of decisions to make over the next few months lol.

On a good note. i am pretty sure i found a hiking partner. He is fit and able and most importantly I think I could hang with him for 6 months without wanting to kill him lol.

No big deal to me but It sure will make Mom happy(she worries lol) I'm her "crazy" kid. The other two have successful careers. Car, house and cc debt. but no time or money to do the tings they WANT to do. But hey what do I know I'm crazy lol

-K
I'm in total support of your quest . I was always my parent's nightmare because I thought and acted outside the box . Unbeknown'st to me they bragged me up to all their friends while they were telling me that I was crazy .

Please keep us posted on your adventure .

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Call us at the camp if you can when you get near. We are not too far from the trail. Maybe we can help with some donations.. Swannanoa 4-h Swan4h.com My wife has hiked Several 14,000 plus Mountains. We understand and appreciate your venue... Mike and Maggie

chemist100

Jan 21, 2007
Flowery Branch, North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Go for it dude!!!! I don't know how I missed this thread! If you have the time and resources, by all means do it. If not, I promise you will regreat it the rest of your life. Several years ago I planned to do the same thing. But as luck would have it, the career, car, house and cc debt got in the way. Such is life. This trip takes a tremdous amount of planning, you can't half a$$ anything. The main thing is, have a very responsible person to mail your drops. Not your buddy that you smoke weed with (not implying that you smoke or that they are not responsible ) you get the point. My advise to you on your gear is to do the ultralite stuff. During the course of my planning I found you will think of every possible thing to take with you, which ofcourse that is not feasible. I have a spreadsheet somewhere on my computer with my gear list if you are interested. I live in Georgia and would love to hike a few days when you do this!!! Also, if you need to borrow any gear I might be able to help you out! Just stay focused on the planning and the rest shall follow!!! :icon_thumright: PM me if you need any advise!!!!

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
That is great!I've done sections of 7-10 day hikes when I was younger and it was a great experience.Those first couple of days on the trail until you get use to it are tough!Up the mountain ,down the mountain,up the mountain,down the mountain LOL.Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread