Walt Gasslers Notes on Dutchman Legend

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
nobodie,
cw0909,
This still makes my blood boil to see SMHS taking credit for my fathers manuscript one which mysteriously shows up there for sale especially since no one in the family gave it to them, were notified or asked if it would be alright. If they are willing to make a copy, I would suggest that it just be given to whoever made the request. Even better, treat it like a library and you make your own copy.
Also, If I indicated that I purchased a copy, which I don't recall, that was not correct. I found that it was being sold there and asked how they had received it and who indicated it could be sold but did not purchase a copy. I'm sure there will be some "legal beagles" that will indicate that there was no copyright but this was not a document that was meant to be sold, it was a work of an individual that had a lifelong dream about finding the Lost Dutchman.
I hope you find the information you're looking for, good luck.
RWGassler

RWGassler,
This just seems like something that should have been (could be) resolved privately between representatives of your father's estate and the museum. Most of us understand and appreciate your anger however, the concern is that you now have a polarized "wider audience" which makes communication/cooperation next to impossible.

Anyway, I hope that you eventually resolve it.

Good Luck.

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R.W.,
I apologise ,maybe I misunderstood you buying a copy. I can see this is very upsetting to you, out of respect for you and your father. I will NOT post any more from his manuscript. I side with you R.W., family is very important to me and and I wouldn't want to do anything to hurt you. For me this is done.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Roland,

I also have a copy of your dad's notes. It's been a long time since I received them, but I believe it was Matthew who sent them to me. I did not buy them from the museum. The first portion is hand written. It's not that unusual for Dutch Hunters to pass around material they have collected over the years. There is no copyright mark on my copy.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Gassler,

I was just wondering if you could post your very first conversation with TK when he told you the imposter had taken your dad's notes. I know it's been a many years but just maybe the conversation was burned into your memory because of the circumstances surrounding that revelation at the time.

These are some things that could be important, or not.

How long was the talk?

Did TK elaborate with any unrelated details not pertaining to your Dad's notes that you recall?

Was he in a hurry to end conversation?

To the best of your ability what was the exact structure and length of his sentences?

Did he swear on anything holy he was telling you the truth?

If you don't want to post it I understand.

It's simple investigative procedures used by all detectives attempting to sort lost pieces of a story from a conversation.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobodie,

I'm hearing a sucking sound even worse than the one I was accused of making.:laughing7:

R.W.,
I apologise ,maybe I misunderstood you buying a copy. I can see this is very upsetting to you, out of respect for you and your father. I will NOT post any more from his manuscript. I side with you R.W., family is very important to me and and I wouldn't want to do anything to hurt you. For me this is done.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the people skills Ryan seems to have maybe he should get involved with the Gassler story and interview TK on camera about this?

Just a thought.

Bill,
I'm sorry I didn't mean to imply that Ryan was doing anything on Walter Gassler. I meant getting new stuff that he is working on, Travis manuscript, his maps if possible. New things to read.

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never sucked up to no one. I respect everyone's opinion,whether I agree or disagree. I don't ridicule, laugh at,call names or any degrading sounds. Every one has feelings.
I don't believe in evolution but the way some people act, they make a good case for it, always throwing poop at each other.

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BILL,
I AGREE, Ryan would do an excellent job, I believe that he would be fair with the interviews.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobodie,

I'm hearing a sucking sound even worse than the one I was accused of making.:laughing7:

The difference is that in asking her questions, she doesn't feel the need (like you) to insult others in the process.

Mike

RWGassler

Sep 26, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nobodie,
Please don't misunderstand, I have no issue with you or anyone else posting excerpts from the manuscript. It has been out to the public for years. My issue was how this whole thing was handled initially. Let me put it in more selfish terms. If my fathers manuscript/notes by some miracle provide information that led to the discovery of the LDM or some other artifacts how cool would that be. It would only add to whatever legacy he has and history of the Superstitons.
RWGassler

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....and Roland. The spot he picked is just as good or better than anybody else's interpretation. Actually, since his "X" marks the spot is based on info given him by Tex Barkley (and his own 50 odd years of research), I would say that his "X" is likely a little better than most!

Mike

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your unsolicited unwarranted posts are the only insult's I see on here. She's referring to YOU throwing poop at me and others. Nobodie can take care of herself she needs no bodyguard's for her protection. She's a tough women and she knows I was just joking or I wouldn't have put a laughing face on it.:laughing7: Stop being so vindictive in your posts man life's to short. I'm sorry you feel the need to be that way. I'd have that blood pressure checked if I were you. And if you think about it, your doing the same as you accuse others of doing. Chill out a little.

The difference is that in asking her questions, she doesn't feel the need (like you) to insult others in the process.

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't chill out one bit as long as you keep insulting other people. There is a big difference between asking uncomfortable questions, and insulting other people. Lets look at your own words:

Those that pop in from other states occasionally and do a "Quickie Hike" with photos or video and a "Research Grab" of other peoples hard work only have a small distant role in the eyes of us true Arizona Thunters. Anyone that was serious about looking for any lost mines or legends in this state live here and walk the walk. Most can't hack it and leave for one reason or another and sell themselves as "Experts" since they spent a small fraction of their lives hiking once in a great while on the main trails where they can't get lost. Once they go back to their native stomping grounds they either fade away in obscurity like old BlindBowman or drink a bottle of their own snake oil. Fear is a big factor with people that can't make the jump cross country in the Sups and stamina is another as anyone that has done this can tell you it aint so easy. So out of state on vacation claim jumpers have no pony in this race and are merely relying on others research as they haven't any fresh info to lay down. So just make them a glass of tea and send them back home with some cookies and a few hand written dubiously acquired manuscripts of some lucky local mans hard work, but, hey, stand back, they could become;

"Out of state legends in their own minds".
laughing7.gif

(you put a laughing face at the end of that insulting post as well)

Now, you want to keep this up about who insulted whom first? Did you notice that for the longest time, I didn't have any issues with you? I don't care what theories you have (hell, sometimes we even agree). I don't care if anyone chooses to believe you or not. When you play nice, so do I. When you jump off that wagon and start insulting others here is when you and I have a problem. Nobodie didn't insult Roy or Joe or Myself, or Tom or Bob or anyone else. Nobodie also didn't go off spewing WRONG information about someone stealing Indian Artifacts and committing a felony. Nobodie only asked questions that I believe are better served being asked face to face in private, not on a public forum. I could go on. You have a looooooooooong history that every person here (that has been here more than a month knows). Try as hard as you want, you can't run away from your past, and you can't change the things people here (and other forums) have seen you write.

You keep it up, and so will I.

Mike

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um, I'm a man, I have mentioned my wife in one of the other thread..About her laughing when she pulled cacti thorns out of my butt.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
I see that Matthew Roberts has been released from his ban today. It will be interesting to see him return to the discussions. As I have said many times, he has a lot to offer in most of these topics.

Good luck to all,

Joe Ribaudo

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R.W. ,
I'll think about it . maybe when things cool down again. When I do I'll try to post any clues that might help. But I have made claims of my own about finding the LDM and other things.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Gassler,

I was just wondering if you could post your very first conversation with TK when he told you the imposter had taken your dad's notes. I know it's been a many years but just maybe the conversation was burned into your memory because of the circumstances surrounding that revelation at the time.

These are some things that could be important, or not.

How long was the talk?

Did TK elaborate with any unrelated details not pertaining to your Dad's notes that you recall?

Was he in a hurry to end conversation?

To the best of your ability what was the exact structure and length of his sentences?

Did he swear on anything holy he was telling you the truth?

If you don't want to post it I understand.

It's simple investigative procedures used by all detectives attempting to sort lost pieces of a story from a conversation.

"Did TK end any of his sentences with a bilabial fricative?" HAHAHA

Those are a LOT of very detailed questions! Hope you get answers.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread