Wanted to say hi

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! Just joining tnet. Been watching for a bit this looks like a fun forum! Oh and go Red Sox! Not because I'm a fan of them. But i must say I am super shocked with the results on an item of theirs I purchased last week. I paid a $1 for a hat and listed it at .99 with $3 shipping. My expectation for a return was $10 max. It sold for $107!!

image-3918684030.jpg

image-773698297.jpg

Anyways I look forward to reading some posts and learning lots! Have a good week and happy huntings!!!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
1st - Noticed this was your very first post. SO, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
2nd - You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
yard_sale.gif
3rd - Nice buy Beachkid23. Thanks for sharing...

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Very interesting. I wonder why it sold for so much money? Yet another item I would never give a 2nd look at if I were at a sale. Shows what I know... Looks like I have been walking right by money.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea why it did. I left three there too, pirates, phillies and white sox. But they were all different brands. I had no expectations for that hat. There. Expect nothing haha

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I emailed the buyer and I asked him what was with that hat. He said that before new era caps some of the ones that they made were Devon Brand. They were more of the top end hats in the 70s and 80s and not many of them survived. And they can be highly sought after by collectors. So if you see when out there in the hunt pick it up. They say Devon then 100% wool.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Even $10 would have been a bargain. Yours is a fitted cap (size 7 3/8) not one of those adjustable one-size-fits-all things. I bought a fitted cap at a St. Louis Cardinals game a few years back and it cost me about $30. Of course, the fact the Sox are in the World Series probably didn't hurt either. Nice score and nice timing, Beachkid, and welcome to TNet!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and good score on the ballcap. Welcome to the forum Beachkid. Looking forward to your posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions