washington

battleox

Greenie
Aug 14, 2012
I'm new to electronic prospecting, I have tried my hand at metal detecting before and fairly decent getting consistent targets, my question is are there any local hunters in snohomish county washington that could give me at least an area to start hunting, I'm getting a gold bug 2 here soon. Id rather not have to drive several hours to go hunting.

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bettleox,
Your best bet would be to ask:
1) A detector dealer in your area
2) Attend some club meetings and talk with the folks there
3) Going easterly in WA state with take you into historical gold mining country though much if not all of it is claimed IF folks Know there is gold there
4) Joining the GPAA in your area would also get you onto claims

You should be able to find maps on the internet that show gold mining country in WA, the BLM might also be of help as well as USGS Geological Survey might be able to supply you with info on mining districts in WA.

For some good general information check out Lanny's Thread in the prospecting section of Tnet under metal detecting and it is titled something like The mysteries of Detecting for Gold. There are some very knowldegeable folks here on Tnet that know their stuff, me I'm just a piker compared to them. I responded to your post as I lived on Whidbey Island for a few years and did some panning along some highway that headed towards eastern WA.

I use a whites GMT and it has found gold for me though the gold bug series of detectors is supposed to find gold smaller than the GMT will though it finds some mighty fine pieces. Any detector takes a lot of learning/getting used to and gold prospecting is Not a get rich quick 'hobby' though some folks do make a living at it. Good luck with you machine and welcome to Tnet............63bkpkr

185_8517.JPG

Last edited:

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
GPAA doesn't have much in WA. Check out Prospectors Plus which has a store in Gold Bar. They have a bunch of claims in the Liberty area. One series of claims covers about 6 miles of creek. That's probably the best area in the state for chances of finding nuggets. Doug.

OP
OP
B

battleox

Greenie
Aug 14, 2012
Thanks for all the great info guys I'm a member of prospectors plus already and they do have a few claims west of the mountains that would be prime for nugget hunting and I've been talking with old timers in my area and found some good local spots to check, abandoned mines that were closed before extraction, due to cave ins or hot springs so the gold is likely still there. Just have to run down these hidden holes in the hills to find em, good luck to you all hope you see color,

I know its not a quick rich game here, I've had fever for a couple years and been finding mostly flour, and would like to at least attemp my hand at some nugget shooting. Ill let y'all know what I get

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread