Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigcypresshunter,

I agree with you - I hated it.

And, as far as sleeping - as long as I can remember - I've been opening the bedroom window - even in the winter - actually - especially in the winter. My father always kept our house hot - 80+ degrees, and, I used to shut my bedroom door, close off the heat register and open my window. I feel like I cannot breathe if its too warm when I sleep. My dad used to have a fit!! :laughing7:

Of course, my "thermometer" is in my feet - as, I cannot sleep without covers, so I just stick out one foot if its too warm, and keep it covered if its a good temperature.

Before we got an air conditioner in our bedroom in Virginia, we had a huge fan put up right over the bed. (and I always had it turned on pretty high).

At least here in South Dakota, no matter how warm it is during the day in the summer, it is always comfortable at night - 50's & 60's.

Beth

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
Bigcypresshunter,

I agree with you - I hated it.

And, as far as sleeping - as long as I can remember - I've been opening the bedroom window - even in the winter - actually - especially in the winter. Beth
I always open a window especially in the winter. I also feel that I cannot breathe if its hot.

When I was working out of a tent, everyone recommended to me to sleep in the shed when it got cold. Why would I want to do that? I have a feather sleeping bag and I prefer my head open to the cold. But I later found out that I like cold but not windy cold. The wind is not good.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW - someone who understands!

And - I agree - wind is not good, and there is nothing like a down sleeping bag with your face sticking out into the cold!!!

I have an regular down bag and an down army bag that closes up around your head - well, it will cover your face, if you want - but, I have to have my head out, too.

:thumbsup: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Beth

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My WWII down bag has a hood too but I never used it. I also have a WWII mosquito netting in excellent condition.

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
I think I got into the habit of wearing tight shirts (small size rather than medium) because on me they were just tight enough to not be wrinkled, but loose enough to not be comfortable . . . so there was no ironing or cleaners needed! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions