Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

kwiksilver

Greenie
Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im mike very new been doing it for 9 months and im hooked... found some awsome relics with great historical value.
The best one is a military buckle with the American eagle on it BUT....the olive branch is in the wrong hand so the eagle is looking to the arrows. Im thinking 1790s
My coins have added up i have
12 indian heads
2 barber dimes
one 1883 seated liberty dime
3 mercs
2 rosies
1 washington
Im having a great time hunting

scienceguy

Aug 9, 2012
Pensacola
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Howdy everyone. I'm from Pensacola. I just came back from treasure diving around Sebastion. Found some silver 5 miles out. Looking forward to moving there.

Aug 10, 2012
gulfport,ms
Detector(s) used
at present a fisher f2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi, a newbie here. am trying to get some info on an unusual medallion. it is a 50th anniversary grand canyon 2/12 inches in diameter. the image of a cowboy on a horse on the left overlooking the canyon. a tree on the right. looked up anniversary medallions and i find a completely different medallion, and nothing like what I have. can anyone help. thanks David

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need a picture first....

Goldrushfever

Aug 10, 2012
Tacoma, Wa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200, Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi!
I'm James and I live and Hunt in Tacoma, Wa, and the surrounding areas. I'm new to Metal Detecting, it's been almost 2 weeks and I "dig it". I have no treasure finds as of yet the best was a 1968 quarter.
Well, glad to be here and I hope to learn a lot, and maybe even get to hunt with someone.

James.

Red Dirt

Tenderfoot
Aug 12, 2012
N.W. Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7a Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Red Dirt...

Hello, this is Red Dirt I am from Louisiana born and bred... I am looking for any history related to North Louisiana and Central Louisiana; I am interested in all Historical stories that have to do with Treasure, Civil War, KGC, Indians, Outlaws, Old Homplaces, Indian Villages, Forgotten Skirmish Sites etc... I am always looking for new stories and tales, I'm a History Nut, Have a Blessed one.

Aug 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello....I'm from Nebraska and looking for help repairing my Fisher 1266-x. I loaned it out and when it came home the discriminate/pinpoint toggle switch was busted off. I called the dealer where it was purchased in 2003. He recommended to call Fisher. I did and all I got was voicemail and no return calls. So I took the plunge and took it apart. I know I can replace a toggle switch but I need some advice on where to get the correct one. Anyone had to do this before?

farmerchris

Aug 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a homeschooling mom of 4 boys, we live on a farm in Central Texas. I am completely new to treasure hunting and metal detecting. I will be checking out all the posts on which MD to buy, and how to use them. Im fairly certain they are alll too technical for my comfort zone.

Perseus

Aug 13, 2012
Croatia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello...i made my new member post here also.

I hope i will stay here for a long time .

Cheers!

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perseus said:
Hello...i made my new member post here also.

I hope i will stay here for a long time .

Cheers!

Welcome and hope you have a good time, GL&HH AC

KnuteM

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I am very new here i would be greatful to any one willing talk to me my name is Knute im from T.n. i have been in and out of the mnts all my life i have seen alot over the last 30 or so years anyways detecting is my only intrest in my free time i have done research 4 over 20 years on every state close to T.n. and am still learning i would love to be able to learn more about detecting any thing .

iratepirate

Tenderfoot
Aug 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I was hooked on treasure and coins of value as a young boy. Short story on what hooked me on treasure hunting.

My father was a carpenter for a union in Chicago. He often worked on some demolition and rebuild projects under the city. On this particular evening he returned home to show me his find. He and a buddy were tearing down an old wall that had been built over another older wall underground in a subway station. When the first wall came down they found a woman's bathroom from untouched since the early 1900 era. On the older wall was a tampon dispensing box that had one remaining tampon and each one cost the user 10 one dime. As in many union jobs, "it's not my problem" is a common theme. The newer wall had been built before the vendor could remove the machine, or empty the coinage. They opened it up and every dime was SILVER mercury dimes. He brought home over 190 dimes that evening, and gave them all to me, explaining why they were more valuable than the ones in circulation. Several years later I bought a 1970 Cadillac after selling them. When I treasure hunt, I observe human behavior, history, construction, locations of old lines of ferries, old train stops and so on from maps.

My skills include, but are not limited to:

Flying, I fly for the Army as an aviation commissioned officer. I have owned my own Cessna but sold it recently. I fly the UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter and have dual fixed wing and rotary wing licenses.

SCUBA diving. I've been doing it with a "license" since 2007 but before then I did it all the time too.

Navigation- I've been boating, hiking my whole life before GPS was invented. I'm familiar with every type of topography/ cartography. I've taken entire classes in global navigation and hold BS degree in Aeronautical Science and Meteorology.

A sound foundation on elements and science.

I've hunted coins, rocks and gems, meteorites, pre- civil war cannons (1812 era and early colonization).

I'm 35 years old and studying Nursing for a post Army career. I plan to retire in about a year from the Army, yes I said retire, I won't have 20 years in but I'm getting out as a wounded warrior ( vision related in only one eye- not good for a pilot). After that I may continue to treasure hunt for a living or work as a nurse for a while depending on what comes my way. Looking forward to this website and anything it may lead to in the future.

HulingirlDigginNC

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2012
Lexington, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,My Name is Trish, I stumbled(luckily) across your website as I was looking for some resources on the bottles that we had found. Well it seems I have found the perfect place! My husband does most of the diggin but I help when my four children permit me to and I absolutley love it! I have been researching about bottles everyday for the past month, and so when I go out to the woods of our "ole home place" the letters, numbers, and colors attract my eye faster but thats normal with the more knowledge you gain, but I got ALOT more to learn. I love the fact that people aren't judgemental on here and everyone seems friendly and quick to offer advice to find what your looking for and answer unsolved question....of which I have alot of! Thanks to the gentleman whom directed me to the right place yesterdat as that was my official first day as a member.....even though I'm a newbie, I will take the advice from others that have been doing this a long time and absorb that knowledge and hopefully one day I can answer people's unsolved finds. :) I am 34yrs. and Live in North Carolina.....I have been a Carolina girl all my live and I have my own small residential cleaning business it has slowed alot and struggling to jump back from the economy knock back, so I'm currently in school For my RN and I will be working in the surgery room as a Surgeons technician, thank you all for being so nice!

kwiksilver

Greenie
Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bounty hunter are good for beginers im getting ready to upgrade to an Etrak

bama

Aug 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All, New to the site and new to CT., From Alabama and know for a fact that I have moved to a fantastic area for detecting. Getting a new Minelab E trac soon...Can't wait.

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well here I am just like most of you love to hunt, and have done so for 15 years now have some good finds and look forward to share them with you all soon. And think I'am going to dig now see you in the field!

Ga.Hunter

Jul 11, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
My hands
Primary Interest:
Other
I too am NEW here. Since getting my weim puppy, who needs alot of excercise,Im in the woods every day.I walked on a place (power easement)where the water ran off the sloped ground and found an arrowhead.Since then, many months (11) later(my dog is now15 months old) Ive found an array of things. I wanted to get on here so I could fotograph some things I was unsure of. On my parents land I have found an old dry creekbed and have found alot of arrowheads in the banks. So thats why Im here :-)
I live outside the ATL area, and always have dirty fingernails from digging in the dirt.Im even cleaner at the barn with my horse. A co-worker has arrowheads from North Ga. and they are different material...I too found some like that. GREAT I WAS ABLE TO LOG ON!!!!!!!! Thank YOU.:hello2: So my next step is pictures....Glad to have opinions of what I have other than "rocks" like my Mother calls them??????

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero
and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
Primary Interest:
Other
Greeting from Arizona,
Hi Everybody.... We recently moved from Pennsylvania to Arizona and have gotten bit by the Gold Fever Bug. I've done some coin and relic hunting but now want to expand out into the goldfields of Arizona living near the Bradshaw Mountains and own a Gold Bug 2 and a Minelab Xterra 705. This looks like a very nice forum and hope to be part of it.
Joe

khindo

Aug 18, 2012
Sison, Pangasinan
Detector(s) used
kakawati branch
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Khindo, a treasure hunter from the North Philippines.
I'm glad to be here, to learn some techniques in gold mining.

Anyone can ask me about treasure hunting activities in the Philippines, and I'm glad to share it with you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread