Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Rea1975

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all from nj. I have recently gotten back into metal detecting, I have been hunting Indian artifacts for quite a while and picked up a detector to see what else I can find. I have been having a pretty good year at it and hope to post some pictures later in the day of a couple coppers I hope someone can help me identify.
Rick

Prop3

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2015
Aurora,IL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, newbie here. I'm looking forward to trying some metal detecting but I've done a bit of coin roll hunting in the past and some panning for gold years ago. Hope to learn some things from you more experienced members and sharing some finds here in the future.
Todd

missroma

Greenie
Aug 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello !
Im a happy lady,native from Europe,but living in Palestine/Israel.
I discovered this wonderful forum a few months ago and can't stop read since.
I like old stuff and old fashioned people,I like America's good,old days.
I look forward to have a great time together.
Miss Roma

Last edited:

dsdave43

Oct 24, 2015
Southern, Wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ideas on where to start M D , I've tried my property but it is so full of trash i gave it up. I cant walk one step here and not get a hit, its aggravating to say the least. I was thinking maybe the city park or something any ideas or advice would be appreciated

mountinpicker

Oct 25, 2015
Livingston,Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I'm another newbie and from Tennessee,looking forward to using this site it looks informative.

Herman2015

Oct 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!

I just joined and am new to treasure hunting and metal detection. I hope to learn from everyone's experience.
I'm in San Diego but often travel to British Columbia, Mexico and Washington State. These are the area's I would like to begin searching.
I have gotten some good recommendations on equipment from cudamark and am grateful for his time and shared knowledge.

rh.campbell

Oct 23, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Detector(s) used
none yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a new member from Ontario, Canada just starting in the hobby. I'm putting together the necessary tools to get out there and reading, reading and reading some more on the subject. Also still trying to get the hang of my BH 3300 that I picked up for a song. Seems like a decent albeit complicated device so I have lots of learning to do before I say I like it or not. Interested to hear from others here in Ottawa, Canada if there are any folks on line

knightofwar

Oct 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone. New here from South Carolina. Been collecting artifacts/relics for a little over a year now in downtown charleston without a detector and i have a lot of awesome finds (marbles, buttons, coins, bottles). Would love to talk to some other diggers and show what I've found.

JonesBoys

Oct 27, 2015
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi! I'm new at metal detecting... I decided to get into it after getting a free Tracker IV from a friend. I thought it would be a great hobby to share with my 10 year old son, and a way to get outside and get some exercise. We live in MD and we're always willing to take advice and learn from folks with more experience. That's why we joined the site.

Madxplorer

Oct 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to this site from Pakistan n I would love to find someone with GPR experience in treasure hunting.
I need to buy one for a treasure that might b below a concrete floor. What would b the best to buy?

Jamesaiza

Oct 27, 2015
Bukidnon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello,. I have this Item,. IMG_20151022_064724.jpg IMG_20151022_064733.jpg IMG_20151022_064745.jpg IMG_20151022_064755.jpg IMG_20151022_064813.jpg IMG_20151022_064845.jpg IMG_20151022_065038.jpg IMG_20151022_065101.jpg

diverdan1

Oct 27, 2015
Mayport Florida
Detector(s) used
ground efx ,proton,several types whites etc
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just new to forum, research and marine salvage and Towing has been our famiy business.

Attachments

• 20150820_161123 (1).jpg
    20150820_161123 (1).jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 75

tymd

Oct 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello people! I'm happy say MD is my first hobby!! I've been on the hunt for about a month now, getting out about every day getting good exercise, and finding lots of neat stuff(even alot of the trash is interesting to look at lol) I use an older bounty hunter land ranger bought for $125 used. I'm looking to upgrade and find it a little overwhelming searching back and forth online for something that would give me better depth and is in the 400 dollar range. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Anyways this a great site, I enjoy reading it!

Houmadigs

Greenie
Nov 2, 2015
Houma area
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Vulcan 360 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all of you. I'm new to this site and new to detecting. I'm a late bloomer at 55, unemployed and looking to fill time productively. I bought a Garrett 350 and a Vulcan pin pointer. I live in WAY South Louisiana. We have quite a few Plantations here and I hope to be able to prospect/hunt them. If anyone is in the area I'd like to hear from you if possible. I already have permission to detect/hunt on 1 of the old plantation lots.(solo for now, I promised).

1willi4

Oct 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning everyone. I'm Larry and am a 5th generation Floridian. About 30 years ago (I was 8 or 9 at the time) I saw a guy metal detecting in a field near my house. I followed him around all afternoon watching him harvest aluminum foil and pocket change and asking thousands of questions. I asked him if he had ever found anything valuable and he smirked. He reached into his apron and pulled out a gold bar about the size of the old candy bar style cell phones. My eyes widened and I was hooked.

I could never convince my parents to get me a detector so when I was 23 (just out of the military) I bought a Bounty Hunter. I paid $200 for it and I found a men's gold ring the first week. I sold the ring to one of those gold buyers for....$200. What I paid for my detector. I detected weekly for a couple years and put them away for quite a while. I inherited my dad's OLD Fisher machines a few years ago but just got them out in the last month or so. We now have 2 awesome kids who are having a grand time treasure hunting with me. I think I'm going to stick with this for a while now. Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to making new friends on here and spending quality time with my family in God's creation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kenonimo

Nov 25, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, my name is Kenny and I have been detecting for about 3 years now and have some good finds. Wondering if there are any detecting clubs in MA or Southern NH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread