Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

rsw707

Nov 12, 2015
Kalamazoo
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow treasure hunters, I am fairly new to this sport. My brother convinced me to buy my first metal detector in June of this year. Little did I know that I would become (nearly) addicted to this sport. I have so much to learn about this exciting sport and I look forward to learning from other members as well as sharing in the excitement of others success stories.

leecoll

Tenderfoot
Nov 14, 2015
Shannon, Ms
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Northeast MS.

Just ordered a Garrett Ace 250, has not arrived yet. I am looking forward to getting out and enjoying some time outside.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet...

Joe t

Sep 23, 2015
Warren Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett treasure ace 300 and a fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oops i missed this site, joined in september sorry for being late on the intro, one question though how do i post a photo on my profile with android phone, please be gentle with info i,m computer stupid lol

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oops i missed this site, joined in september sorry for being late on the intro, one question though how do i post a photo on my profile with android phone, please be gentle with info i,m computer stupid lol
Only way to do so using android is to access TreasureNet as if your phone is a PC, not through Android apps....

otonabee

Nov 15, 2015
Bowmanville
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. Very new to this site. I am in Ontario, Canada. I have had a smattering of experiences which relate to what you all do. snorkeling and metal detecting as a kid, exploring old buildings such as farms, factories and prisons. really enjoy wilderness exploring. hope to hook up with some like minded folks and get the ball rolling!

Doc Chocobo

Greenie
Nov 20, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Timeranger
HF9F
Micronta 4003 (way back in the day)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone! It's been ages since I even picked up a detector, but for some reason, the switch was flipped, and I'm beginning again. The last time I had a machine was back when I was sixteen or so, but for some reason, here I am again with a Bounty Hunter, and a little HF9F, that a friend got for me. I finally got my hands on a pin-pointer and a good backpack. I'm loading up for bear, and hoping to do some overnight camping and detecting this winter. It seems that those two things go hand in hand like PB&J.

I was delighted to find this board and the friendly people I've seen here. It seems like a great place to put down my roots and get to know others in the hobby. I've found quite a few bits of junk and even some usable things since I rebooted my interest in detecting again, but as of yet, no coins. I'm heading to the park later to see if I can remedy that. :)

It seems that everyone is suddenly getting into the hobby these days. I wonder if it's the state of the economy.

At any rate, its a good change from flying quad-copters. It doesn't cost as much. and it gets you out. I have no delusions of quick wealth. I've done this before, but even back then, it was fun because you never knew what kinds of neat things you might dig up. I went of for the summer to visit grandparents, and surprise surprise, My detector was gone when I got back. That ended my first run at metal detecting. I hope my brother got some good drugs for it... Years later, and a little bit better off, I have some new gear and away I go. :)

I'm heading out today as soon as it warms up a little. Have to feed the dogs first though.:

You folks have a good one :)

roman123

Greenie
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All!! sorry for late intro but My name is Norris and I am from the Lone Star state. Needed a little excitement in my life so I picked up my first detector and my adventure began...I am happy and exited to join such friendly and knowledgeable community and I want to thank the developers and moderators who made this site and gave us the opportunity to get to know each other and to share information.

Coin Chaser

Tenderfoot
Nov 26, 2015
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from southern Illinois. My name is Bill and I been hunting for about nine months now and really enjoy it.
Looking forward to learn, make new friends, score some relics and pocket change.

Railroad Lady

Greenie
Nov 27, 2015
Boondocks
Primary Interest:
Other
This is Railroad Lady just stopping by to say hello. Hello! I am a greenhorn but really excited about this new hobby. I also am excited to learn and be allowed to view all the great pics that everyone finds. Great to be here.

Railroad Lady

Greenie
Nov 27, 2015
Boondocks
Primary Interest:
Other
Newby with a new find

Just wanted to say hello again and thank you for having me on the site. This is a new hobby for me that I just picked up this past year. My father always hunted for points and had a great collection. I have only found one point or drill but have been finding what I think are artifacts and tools. I hope so anyway. I have something I found today playing in an old wet weather ditch with the grandchildren after Thanksgiving dinner. By the way...HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!! I am gonna try my hand at attaching a pic. Let me know if anyone has any info on this piece. I love it! If this works I have a few more but want bombard you with too many. Thank you ahead of time.

Attachments

• IMG_20151127_024954.jpg
    IMG_20151127_024954.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20151127_025102.jpg
    IMG_20151127_025102.jpg
    620 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20151127_024723.jpg
    IMG_20151127_024723.jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20151127_025047.jpg
    IMG_20151127_025047.jpg
    582 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20151127_025026.jpg
    IMG_20151127_025026.jpg
    593.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20151127_025235.jpg
    IMG_20151127_025235.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 71

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

archer1694

Nov 18, 2015
North Carolina Coast
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Detector Pro Pirate
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a returning enthusiast. I used to detect a lot but marriage, kids, work, career got in the way. Retired now and returning to the hobby I love. There have been so many technical improvements I have a lot of catching up to do. And being retired and now on a fixed income cost is a big consideration on equipment. So am looking for help and advice on reasonable priced equipment. Thanks for the help.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
flash in the pan!
welcome!
Yes! The learning is never ending, as you find these "partifacts", and want to know what
these things were part of...!
Researching locations to hunt (ask permission first - be honest and humble) is all part of the fun!
...AND you'll soon find that history becomes ALIVE! =)

Ruskinredneck

Nov 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, from Tampa, Florida. I moved three blocks away from a metal detector shop and there is no way I could resist that!!!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to this awesome site. Best place for us treasure hunters and history buffs.

Dec 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi.

Just got a metal detector (literally used it today) and looked up a forum related to the hobby with knowledgeable people.

And here I am.

Matteo L

Dec 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello!! I'm a beginner, I live in Italy and found your site really helpfull!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread