Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I can't say "My First hunt of 2014"

Since I said I found 2 pennies after midnight on New Years Day. LOL

But, anyway, took a "walk" today. Finally! I got out of the house!!! :)

Image0.jpg

Nothing too special but, boy was it FUN to get out again!! LOL

Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg
Image3.jpg

Would it be too much of a stretch,
if I called this my first ring of the year? ;)

Image4.jpg
NIBCO?

Image7.jpg
I think the only good metal on this might be the stem.
Image8.jpg

Image9.jpg Image10.jpg

A bit of bling, I suppose.

Image5.jpg Image6.jpg

And, even a couple of wheaties. Slightly toasted. :)

Not too bad a start for 2014. Leaves plenty of room to go up, don't it. LOL

Thanks for stopping by!

Upvote 7

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool trinkets any way, and you got out and got some fresh air!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your in the "range" with those wheats, sorry, 3/4 inch copper couplings don't count as rings, lol. You did better then me, I found only one stinking Lincoln yesterday.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your in the "range" with those wheats, sorry, 3/4 inch copper couplings don't count as rings, lol. You did better then me, I found only one stinking Lincoln yesterday.

One Lincoln!?!? Where were you hunting??? The concrete of the tennis court? ;) LOL (been there, done that AND worse.)

I was just sooooo happy that I was able to get out of the house! :)

The wheats? Yeah, it's sort of funny. I know for a fact that this particular school has been hunted severely! (even by me!) Yet, there's still a surprise or two every time there. :)

Thanks!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I said I found 2 pennies after midnight on New Years Day. LOL

But, anyway, took a "walk" today. Finally! I got out of the house!!! :)

View attachment 929072

Nothing too special but, boy was it FUN to get out again!! LOL

View attachment 929076
View attachment 929077
View attachment 929078

Would it be too much of a stretch,
if I called this my first ring of the year? ;)

View attachment 929080
NIBCO?

View attachment 929081
I think the only good metal on this might be the stem.
View attachment 929084

View attachment 929085 View attachment 929086

A bit of bling, I suppose.

View attachment 929094 View attachment 929095

And, even a couple of wheaties. Slightly toasted. :)

Not too bad a start for 2014. Leaves plenty of room to go up, don't it. LOL

Thanks for stopping by!

Hay the change always adds up & ill take brass and copper any day over aluminum or zinc ( as it's weight adds up quick, and the scrap yard is 2 miles from my favorite coin store , so my brass and copper usually gets turned into silver )

I also hope that one Lincoln was at least a copper one.
Davers

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys should of seen the mess I was in today, Knocked on two doors (no answer at either) went down the road to choice three, started on a hill made by the developer, then ziz zagging all nearby. They must have used those monster dirt movers, like they use strip mining. There was nothing, not a peep, every once in awhile a can, then a shotgun brass, then I went into the thicket to choice number four. I knew for a fact this one had a 1800's house in it, when I was a kid (they tore it down about 15-20 years ago). Finally worked my way in to some signals with barely enough room to swing. Managed to get to where the house was (so thick/overgrown), ten more feet in, was on my twentieth can when I seen the first of seven empty holes. I turned around and left.
Ha, nothing but garbage and trash. Not today maybe tomorrow, (I'll go knock on those doors again in the rain)

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys should of seen the mess I was in today...

Something that everyone should strive to understand. One should never but NEVER, tempt "worse". Cuz if ya do, he's liable to dump it ALL on you. :)

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, it can always get worse! I am really hoping to get out Weds-Fri this week. Haven't been able to check, but the ground should be thawed here since last week. I found a solid 82 signal in the woods near the colonial site that has eluded me because of the ground being too hard. I am determined to see what it is, lol.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, keep it up!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it can always get worse! I am really hoping to get out Weds-Fri this week. Haven't been able to check, but the ground should be thawed here since last week. I found a solid 82 signal in the woods near the colonial site that has eluded me because of the ground being too hard. I am determined to see what it is, lol.

Don't trouble yourself. I found your marker and dug it up, it was only a clad quarter.......honest! It was!! ;)

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys should of seen the mess I was in today, Knocked on two doors (no answer at either) went down the road to choice three, started on a hill made by the developer, then ziz zagging all nearby. They must have used those monster dirt movers, like they use strip mining. There was nothing, not a peep, every once in awhile a can, then a shotgun brass, then I went into the thicket to choice number four. I knew for a fact this one had a 1800's house in it, when I was a kid (they tore it down about 15-20 years ago). Finally worked my way in to some signals with barely enough room to swing. Managed to get to where the house was (so thick/overgrown), ten more feet in, was on my twentieth can when I seen the first of seven empty holes. I turned around and left.
Ha, nothing but garbage and trash. Not today maybe tomorrow, (I'll go knock on those doors again in the rain)

Sounds just like 3 out of my last 6 hunts, LOL & Crying...
Esp, the "construction site" RANT TIME - There was one back in Oct, that I hunted before it was cleared [ but surveyed] & found a couple of nice dropped CW bullets & about 3 Box Turtles that I relocated as far away from the surveyed area that i could.
Anyhow I went back and it all had been cleared about 3 quarters of a mile x 30+ yards or so likely on the Fri & Sat before cause all the trees were in piles every where and the only foot prints were mine .
I was in hog heaven , Day dreaming of relics that were hiding under all those trees.

I fig i,d scan the newly cleared road and did so for 4+ hours [in the drizzle & light rain] man there were almost no signals at all , a shotgun shell here and there, a piece of old tin can lid popped out
all I noted of interest was all the dead frogs & small snakes that were just starting their hibernation
:dontknow: I would think; all was not lost as I did find 3 32 cal round balls that were old & a few 22 bullets [ witch I despise] so with each foot caked with twice its weight in mud I lumbered my wet cold butt out of there.
Happy Hunting, at least your trying.

p.s. THIS THREADS BEEN HIJACKED :laughing7:
Davers

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't trouble yourself. I found your marker and dug it up, it was only a clad quarter.......honest! It was!! ;)

What a dastardly deed. Did you have to bury that little pie tin 1 ft down in an ash pit to replace it?
5anu3u2y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a dastardly deed. Did you have to bury that little pie tin 1 ft down in an ash pit to replace it?

Well, ole friend, I didn't want ya ta go away empty handed. ;)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's not mention w-o-r-s-e, I just got my I pad back, off line since Monday! We had 2" of mud on top of rock hard frozen ground couldn't even get a probe in it! And had to do a family thing so no detecting, even though I took detector with me! So that pie tin is looking mighty good to me right now! Lol! Hope to fix my MD'ing with drawl Sunday! HH! To all!

I like Blingie's red "B"!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's not mention w-o-r-s-e, I just got my I pad back, off line since Monday! We had 2" of mud on top of rock hard frozen ground couldn't even get a probe in it! And had to do a family thing so no detecting, even though I took detector with me! So that pie tin is looking mighty good to me right now! Lol! Hope to fix my MD'ing with drawl Sunday! HH! To all!

I like Blingie's red "B"!

Yep. I'm considering very well blessed that I'm able to hunt at all. I really was going stir crazy!

A pie tin!?! So, that's what that is? LOL

Yeah, Blingie saw that "B" I'd found back awhile again and insisted that I make it into a pendant for him. ;)
Gotta keep the Blingster happy! LOL

Good luck on Sun!

Thanks!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was glad to get out today too, even though that killer signal that said a coin 4 inches down turned into that aluminum piece a good foot down. Even the old AT Pro can be fooled, lol. I left that location for a corn field across the road and continued my finds with pieces of aluminum wire from high voltage lines overhead. Not a stellar day but still happy to get outside. Took the dogs for a walk later and scored a whole 21 cents in clad, lol.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was glad to get out today too, even though that killer signal that said a coin 4 inches down turned into that aluminum piece a good foot down. Even the old AT Pro can be fooled, lol. I left that location for a corn field across the road and continued my finds with pieces of aluminum wire from high voltage lines overhead. Not a stellar day but still happy to get outside. Took the dogs for a walk later and scored a whole 21 cents in clad, lol.

I know what you mean. But, lately I've been having trouble with an old malady. Believe it or not, sometimes, when I'm out there walking I get this overwhelming feeling of uselessness. It was partly this feeling that led to my almost 10 year sabbatical from MD-ing. The joy starts to slip, ya know?

Sure, one decent old coin and it disappears but only for a while. I'm afraid that I may be headed down that path again. I thought I'd be happy as a lark, hunting all the rest of my years. Maybe, just maybe, I'm not balancing life well. It's not like I have a lot of viable options/choices. Still, I seem to be getting a little lax in the motivation dept. Aw, well, suppose it goes with the territory huh.

Enjoy! While you can!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope it's just the winter blues for you. I always enjoy your posts. You make even a clad recovery more interesting, lol. Keep swinging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions