Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well guys she’s a little chilly but it’s my fourth Indian I’ve gotten in three years of metal detecting and it’s the greenest one. It’s my second 1800s. Any suggestions on how to get that tumor off of her face she looks like elephant man. Poor thing. IMG_1734.JPG IMG_1735.JPG

Great day for me I’m grateful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 20
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the IH Cent! :occasion14:

The coin has nice patina and clear date! I love the character...:icon_thumleft:

If you decide to clean it, there is a cleaning procedure that uses Hydrogen Peroxide (3%) that works well in some instances, when I have tried to recover some detail on toasted old coppers.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hear those pencils work good, but being the frugal guy that I am, I use the evenings of the "Frozen Ground" time to pick them clean with tooth pick while I wear my head mounted magnifier.

20151230_074102.jpg

My Mom bought my brother and I each a set for Christmas almost 20 years ago when we used to work on computers. I pulled them out of the attic after my 1st season of detecting.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have and 1848 small french coin I dug last April. It was covered with the green crud. I soaked it in EVOO for a few months and was able to remove about 60% of the crud. It still has some, but looks way better. What will it hurt if you experiment on your crusty IHC? I wish I would have had the patience to do this with my 1st IHC. It had over an eight of an inch of the green crust on both sides. I used some electrolysis to clean it up. Maybe too much. I now reserve electrolysis for rusted iron.

What’s EVOO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Congrats. I gotta get me some of those pencils.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job I wouldn't have very many if I didn't find a spill of em lol nice coin to add to your collection my friend Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread