MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're Getting A Snow Flake!!

:o

Can you see it!!!!!?
:D
100_0427.jpg

Well..last weeks hunts were pretty slow, but I did manage to find a couple of keepers that made me smile. :) First hunt was at an old foundation that I'm sure has been hunted many times, but we thought we'd give it a try. I found a few odds and ends here and there but my favorite was a tag with the name Lorria Thomasson and Jacksonville, Ala on it. I love to find old personalized items so this one's a keeper. ;)
100_0384.jpg

After hunting around the surrounding woods I came across this bottle that I thought was neat...

100_0388.jpg

Saturday I decided to go out to the pasture and see if I could find any sort of CW relics. Not much there either, but I did find a neat old bullet.
100_0408.jpg

When I dug it up, it had what looked like a jacket on the bottom end that fell all to pieces the instant I touched it. :-\ I don't have a clue on the era but thought some of you would. :)
100_0407.jpg

Yesterday Terri and I went to a site that we have hunted before. It's one of my favorite places to go, but very difficult to hunt. It's the old mining town where they tore down most all the houses. I've found a sweet spot there where the dozer didn't get to and the past two times I have found silver. I wasn't disappointed yesterday either! ;D
100_0419.jpg

100_0414.jpg

Keepers from yesterday were a 42 merc, a buffalo nickel, three wheats...16, 29, 50. A lead seal, a tag with my name on it! Thought that was neat. Three cars, one's a Tootsie, a marble, change, two pocket knives three fishing weights and another miners tag and a zipper pull! ;D Had lots of fun and got in some practice on the SunRay..which I really like! Thanks Steve!! ;)

100_0422.jpg

100_0425.jpg

100_0424.jpg

100_0423.jpg

Have a great week!!! Nana :)

Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: We're Getting A Snow Flake!!

I see it, I see it!! ;D Send some here Nana! It's colder than a well digger's butt here and very rainy looking....just suppose to have very cold rain though! >:(

Love the bottle.....and congrats on the coins! WTG!!

HH,
Moon

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Wow Nana, you really cleaned up! :) Congratz on your excellent finds...nice variety of goodies!

HH!
TBGO

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

Very nice finds. Did BB and I shame you into not throwing your "junk" away yet??

In your first picture the bottom right item with the two little wings, I found something like that last year as well.

I wouldn't complain about anything you found there, I haven't found silver yet! I have found 9 wheat pennies so far this year and it is only the 16th!! I only found 36 last year total, so I am on my way to beat last years record.

Wish you lived closer so we could go hunt some time, supposed to snow/sleet here tonight.

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:D Moonie!!!!

Thanks ya'll! It's so funny we get all excited over a few snow flakes down here. I've been trying to post this thread for the last couple of hours inbetween phone calls from everyone telling me to look outside! :D It is neat though.

ME...well....good thing I didn't take a picture of the junque bucket. :P :D I'm getting better though! ;) Wish I could hunt with you tooo! :)

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nana, great variety of finds and love the photos, nice post.

Don

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Terrific ! Great going,girl.And congrats on the 'flakes'.Lance just called and said he was on the loop around Atlanta and in a snow flurry.ME has been whining about not finding any zipper pulls lately,guess he missed that item in your post.That mxt rocks!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nana,
First off, great finds!!! A big congrats on the coins, relics, and that super cool bottle. Never saw one of those before.
When you get time, can you post a closeup of that oval name tap you found? I think I have one pretty close to yours.
Here is a CW relic link I ran across today:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://greybirdrelics.com/auglate%2520(54).JPG&imgrefurl=http://greybirdrelics.com/Miscellaneous_Dug_Relics.htm&h=267&w=311&sz=113&hl=en&start=40&um=1&tbnid=viVPtN5gVrV4RM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=117&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcivil%2Bwar%2Bflower%2Brosette%26start%3D20%26ndsp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

Go to the pictures at the very bottom, and you will see those round weights just like yours. I was told that they were cutain weights, but I'm not so sure now after finding this CW site.
I've found two of those in the past, both from different farms with CW history to them.
Just thought I'd share that with you.

Again, great post & finds.
Thanks,
MM

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000

Youve been a busy lady, Nana.
Love the relics and coins.....could live without snow......but it comes with the territory. ;)

jimmatt_43

Feb 2, 2007

HI Nana,
Love that bottle.If you like snow ,I have a whole bunch you can have cheap.
HH,Jim

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

warsawdaddy said:
Terrific ! Great going,girl.And congrats on the 'flakes'.Lance just called and said he was on the loop around Atlanta and in a snow flurry.ME has been whining about not finding any zipper pulls lately,guess he missed that item in your post.That mxt rocks!

Wasn't whining, check out my post in Everything else if you don't beleive me, and I saw that zipper pull, oh I saw it all right!!!

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: We're Getting A Snow Flake!! Update! We Got Two!

Thanks ya'll! :) MM...I think it was Tim that said they were also used as hem weights..like for dresses and coats and things? Thanks for the link! :)

Yeah. :-\ WSD...and to think I posted that just for him! :'(

We only like the snow here cause we rarely get it! :D And when we do we're all like little kids! ;D

Here's my update: :D And don't worry ya'll...it'll all be gone in a little while so you won't have to see me giddy over the flurries for much longer! :D

100_0451.jpg

100_0462.jpg

100_0461.jpg

F

Felinepeachy

WOW, you did fantastic!!! I wish it would snow here for a minute or two. I'm sick of sunshine.LOL ;D

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds Nana, puts me to shame thats for sure. I hope you have a big shovel for all that snow. :D Good luck on the next hunt.
Burdie

Bottle-cap Bee-otch

Jun 18, 2006

Glad to see you are still swinging your MXT. Great bottle....I've never seen one like it and I live in Dare County, NC. (named after Virginina Dare.)

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nana, fantastic outing you had! Have a tag just like that one. The name is different of course and from Atlanta. Congrats!

F

Felinepeachy

That name on the tag, could it be this guy? The census takers were notorious for misspelling names.

1910 United States Federal Census
Name: Lauara Thomasson
Age in 1910: 16
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1894
Birthplace: Alabama
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's Name: Conelius E
Father's Birth Place: Alabama
Mother's Name: Maggie
Mother's Birth Place: Alabama
Home in 1910: Fairfield, Covington, Alabama
Marital Status: Single
Race: White

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 680

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350

nice digs you got there nana did the whole town shut down during the blizzard we get snow all the time here and you would think the world was ending the way people react to it. as always good luck and hh

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

By the time it get's up here Nana it's going to be nothin' but snow,sleet and freezing rain and all that other good stuff.Love the relic's Nana...little buckle is cool.Does the probe fit the MXT without it getiing in the way in the "rabbit patche's"?Look's like you had a good time out there and congrat's on the silver as well.HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread