MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're Getting A Snow Flake!!

:o

Can you see it!!!!!?
:D
100_0427.jpg

Well..last weeks hunts were pretty slow, but I did manage to find a couple of keepers that made me smile. :) First hunt was at an old foundation that I'm sure has been hunted many times, but we thought we'd give it a try. I found a few odds and ends here and there but my favorite was a tag with the name Lorria Thomasson and Jacksonville, Ala on it. I love to find old personalized items so this one's a keeper. ;)
100_0384.jpg

After hunting around the surrounding woods I came across this bottle that I thought was neat...

100_0388.jpg

Saturday I decided to go out to the pasture and see if I could find any sort of CW relics. Not much there either, but I did find a neat old bullet.
100_0408.jpg

When I dug it up, it had what looked like a jacket on the bottom end that fell all to pieces the instant I touched it. :-\ I don't have a clue on the era but thought some of you would. :)
100_0407.jpg

Yesterday Terri and I went to a site that we have hunted before. It's one of my favorite places to go, but very difficult to hunt. It's the old mining town where they tore down most all the houses. I've found a sweet spot there where the dozer didn't get to and the past two times I have found silver. I wasn't disappointed yesterday either! ;D
100_0419.jpg

100_0414.jpg

Keepers from yesterday were a 42 merc, a buffalo nickel, three wheats...16, 29, 50. A lead seal, a tag with my name on it! Thought that was neat. Three cars, one's a Tootsie, a marble, change, two pocket knives three fishing weights and another miners tag and a zipper pull! ;D Had lots of fun and got in some practice on the SunRay..which I really like! Thanks Steve!! ;)

100_0422.jpg

100_0425.jpg

100_0424.jpg

100_0423.jpg

Have a great week!!! Nana :)

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Re: We're Getting A Snow Flake!!

nice stuff nana! i found my first silver of the year as well...........in my change today a 64 quarter ::). it`ll have to do! looks cold down there. hopefully the ground doesnt freeze like its getting ready to around here!

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW nana!! I go away fer a bit and come back and yer diggin great stuff with that MXT. You go girl! great job!

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great hunt nana. I love the dairy beverage bottle. I used to love to walk the woods and bottle hunt before I started detecting so much.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil

Wow Nana.....you make me wish I had bought and MXT instead of an XLT.........no kidding. You absolutely rock on the relics. Not to "parrot" Mastereagle, but I too wished we lived closer. I think you could teach me and thing or two about relic hunting. Great job as always!!!!!!!!!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Nice finds and great Pics....I think in the 2nd picture the round iron piece with the pointed overlapped edges is a part to a spice grinder or coffee grinder

chefrider

Feb 11, 2007
N ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
A T PRO

Great looking pile of stuff Nana, if you try to do background on that tag of Lorria? Thomasson let me know if I can help, I am from Covington co. as is my mother who is in her 70's and "knows everbody". I can't place "Fairfield" Al. yet but I'm working on it. HH ... Aha ,found it.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

Hi Nana. Nice finds! Your snowflakes look cool. We got some sleet but no snow last night. :( Like you, I get excited over a snowflake. Hardly ever get to see one.

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

Hey Nana, nice bunch of finds. I remember Virginia Dare wine; not fondly tho, drink too much of it & you would regret it! Snow in Alabama! If you want to see snow I'll send you some pictures...you wouldn't like it for very long.

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks ya'll! :)

Burdie...No shovel needed. :-\ Gone by dark. :'( Was just a flash of excitement. :D

BcB...I read that! I've never see a bottle like it so I looked it up and it had the history on the name and all. Was very neat!

Peachy and Chef...The time line is good but Covington is south Alabama and Jacksonville is East Central Alabama? Thanks for that info though, I may be able to tie the two together. And if you have anything else I'd love to read it! Thanks!!!

DG...Naaa...just a little excitement for a couple of hours! :D NOW...if it had gone on much longer, someone would have pressed the panic button, I'm sure! :D :D

Civil....How much snow/ice did ya get? I've been in and out of a few briar patches since I've had it but not really any worse than what gets caught up with the headphone cord. So..not too bad.

Jim.... :DThose buckles were coming up all over the place and then the garter...my mind started wondering what kind of a place this might have been! :D

BB...You're way too kind! :-* I'd go hunting with ya in an instant! :)

Gypsy....Thanks so much!!

Drummer...Thanks for the generous offer, but I'll hang on to 'em. :)

MM...here's a close up pic of the tag.. :)
100_0470.jpg

Thanks again ya'll!! Nana :)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nana40 said:
Thanks ya'll! :)

MM...here's a close up pic of the tag.. :)

Nana,
Here's the one I had dug last year. Somewhat close.
I love digging personal items too.
-MM-

Attachments

• IMG_3341.JPG
    IMG_3341.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 305

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Fabulous finds Nana!

I continue to enjoy sitting in my office looking out the window at piles of snow.

Went today to test a new detector. I dug a piece of white metal junk and like ta froze to death.

One has to wonder when one has to dig with a pick axe.

Love that tag!!! Like you that personalized stuff is the greatest in my book.

Take care and enjoy the snow hahahehe

Badger

chefrider

Feb 11, 2007
N ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
A T PRO

Boy did I goof. I read Peachy's post and picked up on the Covington thing. I guess it was a senior moment! I hope if you decide to track down the owner you'll let us know. HH

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Where did our Victor tag go?

Here's a pic of your house from my driveway. Ain't it pretty?

IMG_1278.JPG

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll

Yes I see your snow flakes and we've had our fair share here in the Northeast too. I love your finds. The buckles and suspender clips are awesome. I think they are late 1800's, does that sound about right for the area? I found several myself. That tag is great. I found one from NY offering a dollar reward if the keys are found and returned to the address. It is fancy like yours. I wonder if they are collectable??? Congrats on those finds ;D

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

very nice finds Nana ! loved the pics to ;)

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Love the tag, MM!

Badger...Come on down south where even the teeeny weeeniest mention of the 'S' word sends folks scampering to the grocery store for milk and bread! :D I always wondered how they made a milk sandwich! :D

Quite alright Chef! ;)

LISA! I can't believe I forgot the Victor! :P But I did! I found it in the same place as the buckles and the tag....I looked up the serial number and it puts it in the 1905 time...and yes, Ed, you are right on with those dates.
here's a pic..
100_0474.jpg
OH..and I love the picture ya posted Leese! That's a good one! Are you ready for hunting tomorrow!!? I just read that we might get a bit more of the white stuff tomorrow night and Saturday morn!! Which hill are we going to sleigh first!!!!? ;D AND...I just read where the most snow in the US right now is 199 inches on the ground at Dark Horse Lake, Montana, elevation 8,944 feet. THAT'S a BUNCH of SNOW!

Thanks ya'll!!! Nana :)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nana we got just enough....now we're getting the rain. >:(