Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We had a Strawberry Festival that's about 40 minutes from my house this last. weekend. Now haven't went myself ( not a big fan of strawberries ) I assumed that it would be picked up by noon and then I can go and make a fresh metal detecting/eyeballing GOLD finding day. Well I was wrong they have rides in the whole 9 yards and people working all day today taking down all the equipment. Not being the kind of guy that will knock on somebody's door ( not yet away )without being invited first, haven't done that since I was 9, I am very good at seas in a moment. Right across the street was a house that was perfect it was beautifully old still, when all the other houses have been re-renovated in a small country kind of way, This one had the original grass/ dirt begging to get metal detector. As I'm driving past I saw a guy and his mother getting out and I stop the truck and told him how much time are their house and has anyone ever scanned it for all coins? He said never and I pulled over. Needless to say he gave me permission and that was one of the best hunts I've had in a long time. A nice bottle, junk ring, 14 wheaties, Louisiana tax token,, 2 war nickels, a buffalo nickel, 2 rosies and a beautiful Silver Washington. I was truly blessed today [emoji1317] IMG_2244.JPG IMG_2249.JPG IMG_2251.JPG IMG_2253.JPG IMG_2254.JPG IMG_2258.JPG IMG_2259.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 28

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a haul! Great hunt

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great day. If I might add a suggestion, I would not ask anyone if you can "scan their yard for coins". When you suggest there are coins to be found, you may find yourself being told "no" more than "yes" as everyone thinks there is a million dollars buried in there yard. I just tell people I am looking for anything older, such as toys, tokens, relics, anything to do with our historical past. I do a lot of door knocking, and rarely am I told "no".

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done sir!

5 silvers and a buffalo is quite the haul.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a great day out swinging!
Some really good finds! Love to see them shiny Silvers!!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a great day. If I might add a suggestion, I would not ask anyone if you can "scan their yard for coins". When you suggest there are coins to be found, you may find yourself being told "no" more than "yes" as everyone thinks there is a million dollars buried in there yard. I just tell people I am looking for anything older, such as toys, tokens, relics, anything to do with our historical past. I do a lot of door knocking, and rarely am I told "no".

I will take that advice and run with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds mate, congratulations.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silvers and a buffalo, you had a great day for sure, congrats!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome Hunt
Keep em coming

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must confess I am a sissy when it comes to asking for permissions. It's one thing if I know the property owners but, strangers just scare me. I know, kinda' weird, eh. I guess I suffer from rejection complex or something. Anyhow seeing the wonderful finds and possibilities for more goodies right here hopefully will get me to overcome this phobia of seeking permissions. Wonderful scores. You are indeed blessed. Kurios1

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A five day silver in my book would be considered an Awesome hunt!!
Throw in the wheats,buff, and token, Sweet!
Congrats!!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I must confess I am a sissy when it comes to asking for permissions. It's one thing if I know the property owners but, strangers just scare me. I know, kinda' weird, eh. I guess I suffer from rejection complex or something. Anyhow seeing the wonderful finds and possibilities for more goodies right here hopefully will get me to overcome this phobia of seeking permissions. Wonderful scores. You are indeed blessed. Kurios1

You hit the nail on the head. I hate rejection and I've never been good at it. Before I asked a girl on a date I had to have Intel saying 100% that she's going to say yes. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pile of silver. The junker ring is still a ring too....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread